Small World of Warcraft - New Board Game
Blizzard has teamed up with Days of Wonder to create a new board game themed after World of Warcraft! Small World of Warcraft is a stand-alone board game set in Azeroth, can be played in 2-5 players, and will be available for purchase in Summer 2020.



MSI Ny'alotha Showdown: Method Vs. Aversion
Method and MSI are teaming up to bring you the Ny'alotha Showdown, a race to Mythic N'Zoth between Method and Aversion.

The event starts today on Method's Twitch Channel and will also feature a dungeon race on Shadowlands Alpha and a PvP dueling tournament, with a total prize pool of $4,000.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Small World of Warcraft - New Board Game, MSI Ny'alotha Showdown: Method Vs. Aversion started by Lumy View original post
Comments 49 Comments
  1. Baini's Avatar
    Woo! I love Small World so I'm definetively getting this one as well.
    Wonder if they'll work nicely with races from the other games as well.
  1. schwarzkopf's Avatar
    Cool - so now not only can I not do in game content due to lack of friends, I can also not play a board game due to lack of friends.

    Good to see WoW expanding the franchise
  1. Laughingjack's Avatar
    Shouldn't the show down be with the people who got world first vs who got second?
  1. Recovery's Avatar
    Didnt method already lose a nyalotha race?
  1. Clozer's Avatar
    next Wednesday, May 13th, that's today.
  1. longevity's Avatar
    dungeon racing is such a boring concept, they are really at the bottom rung of ideas these days and struggling to engage players/viewers
  1. Triceron's Avatar
    Always what I wanted, but like... 15 years too late.

    I've kinda grown out of the boardgame phase, and me and my friends haven't had time to get together for a board game for years now.
  1. azkhane's Avatar
    cool summer 2020, right before second wave quarantine.
  1. Lilithvia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Cool - so now not only can I not do in game content due to lack of friends, I can also not play a board game due to lack of friends.

    Good to see WoW expanding the franchise
    It's not really a wonder as to why people avoid you, given your track record on this forum
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Cool - so now not only can I not do in game content due to lack of friends, I can also not play a board game due to lack of friends.

    Good to see WoW expanding the franchise
    Go out and meet some people (I know that’s easier said than done, but it is still doable), and/or if you’re mobile go find a gaming den. I live in a city with about 100,000+ people and we have 2. Even if you’re in a rural area there’s usually some in a nearby city. Most of those places are pick up and play, so even if you don’t know anyone you can usually find games. Start up a conversation. See what happens.
  1. Sesto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    It's not really a wonder as to why people avoid you, given your track record on this forum
    very true lmao
  1. Lilithvia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Go out and meet some people (I know that’s easier said than done, but it is still doable), and/or if you’re mobile go find a gaming den. I live in a city with about 100,000+ people and we have 2. Even if you’re in a rural area there’s usually some in a nearby city. Most of those places are pick up and play, so even if you don’t know anyone you can usually find games. Start up a conversation. See what happens.
    Having been to some rural towns in the west... "nearby city" is much further away then you think.
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Having been to some rural towns in the west... "nearby city" is much further away then you think.
    Most are within 20 minutes to an hour drive, so yeah, that’s close. Considering they usually host once or twice a week, that’s usually enough time to get out of the house and make a trip. So I said, “If you’re mobile...”
  1. Lilithvia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Most are within 20 minutes to an hour drive, so yeah, that’s close. Considering they usually host once or twice a week, that’s usually enough time to get out of the house and make a trip. So I said, “If you’re mobile...”
    Hour drive...
    Who's going to drive 80 miles to go to a mobile lounge?
  1. HitRefresh's Avatar
    Probably not the best time to release a board game considering people aren't really congregating. I guess it's good for families though.
  1. Lahis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baini View Post
    Woo! I love Small World so I'm definetively getting this one as well.
    Wonder if they'll work nicely with races from the other games as well.
    What little we can see from the trailer, it seems to be fully compatible with the base game and its expansions.
  1. -aiko-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    dungeon racing is such a boring concept, they are really at the bottom rung of ideas these days and struggling to engage players/viewers
    I mean, this isn't a Blizzard-sponsored event. This is all Method and MSI creating their own community content.
  1. Selah's Avatar
    This is fun and all but... when are we getting our D&D 5e adventure module?
  1. Kolvarg's Avatar
    Omg what the hell is on their mind? Why do they forget about their core fans which helped them get where they are which are PC gamers?!?

    All just to chase that growing boardgame market, just for money. Wasting resources on this instead of Shadowlands, I guess it's confirmed Shadowlands will be bad.

    /s
  1. Justpassing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Most are within 20 minutes to an hour drive, so yeah, that’s close. Considering they usually host once or twice a week, that’s usually enough time to get out of the house and make a trip. So I said, “If you’re mobile...”
    "An hour drive"? You ever drove before?

Site Navigation