Update: Post edited for clarity.

Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Later today, we will apply a hotfix to the game that will allow players who have upgraded the legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas to Rank 15 to purchase Malefic Cores from MOTHER for 2,000 Echoes of Ny’alotha. This will be repeatable, up to the current maximum Resistance that the cloak allows.

The intent of Malefic Cores was to provide ongoing incremental weekly power gains, to help overcome remaining challenges in this final tier of Battle for Azeroth. This has been similar to past systems in Warlords of Draenor (upgrading the legendary rings via Archimonde drops) and Legion (upgrading trinkets from Argus the Unmaker). While each extra bit of Corruption Resistance only represents a small increase in potential power, we understand the frustration of feeling weeks behind, especially without any controlled way of closing the gap faster. With this hotfix, players can further supplement their progress through the wide variety of endgame content that rewards Echoes of Ny’alotha.

It will still be possible to earn up to two Malefic Cores per week by fully clearing a Horrific Vision and/or defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Normal difficulty or higher.

Thank you!

I’ve edited the original post for clarity.

This will be repeatable, up to the current maximum Resistance that the cloak allows.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades started by Lumy View original post
Comments 62 Comments
  1. Emmithyst's Avatar
    Awesome!!!!
  1. Bennett's Avatar
    Neat, the Vision one isn't a big deal but sometimes I really cba to raid. I'm glad it's so cheap as well
  1. Fastlane_hellscream's Avatar
    Yes. This is great!
  1. Lionhearte0's Avatar
    Sweet! It sucked missing only 2 upgrades (and not being an active raider) so I'm glad I can drop 4k to catch up quickly.
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    This is suuuuuper sweet for me, I almost have my rank 12 cloak.
  1. Twdft's Avatar
    Still only 2 per week.
  1. NabyBro's Avatar
    This is horrible. Why can't we just keep buying Malefic Cores until we reach max corruption?

    Doing a full vision + N'zoth takes literally no time at all.
  1. Soisoisoi's Avatar
    So still a maximum of 2 per week, it just gives you more options. Unfortunately an option that costs resources people want to spend elsewhere. If they cost Coalescing Visions or Corrupted Mementos that'd be better.

    Well, the hype when I saw the tweet notification disappeared rather quickly...

    e:

    Hype back on! They edited the post, you can grind it now

    Still unfortunate it costs Echoes considering alts and people behind - the people that need to use Echoes for Corruption and Essences - will be having to pick between them, but w/e.
  1. Mardux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This is horrible. Why can't we just keep buying Malefic Cores until we reach max corruption?

    Doing a full vision + N'zoth takes literally no time at all.
    You right. This is "horrible". Hopefully blizzard agrees with your minority and reverses this change, right?

    /s

    On second thought, maybe put a little effort in and stop expecting everything to just be handed to your lazy ass.
  1. NabyBro's Avatar
    The main issue here is that this is not like the Argus trinket at all.

    That as merely an iLvl bonus on your trinket which meant very little actual power increase.

    The exra corruption resistance actually means you can equip more corruption which is a major power increase.
    This wouldn't be that much of an issue if corruption still only was a random drop but with purchasable corruption being THIS behind is a major joke.

    The cloak is currently at 92 corruption at cap today, a fresh rank15 cape is at 50.
    That is a 42 corruption level difference by default which could be two rank3 haste buffs for 24% bonus haste. The difference is insane.

    I am sure it will become "you can buy as many as you want" in a month, but why not now? It would still be 28.000 echoes to get that 42 bonus corruption via 2k malefic core each which is an insane farm already.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So still a maximum of 2 per week, it just gives you more options. Unfortunately an option that costs resources people want to spend elsewhere. If they cost Coalescing Visions or Corrupted Mementos that'd be better.

    Well, the hype when I saw the tweet notification disappeared rather quickly...
    I think it's just badly worded, pretty sure they're talking about it being repeatable up to the maximum you could have if you had been doing it every week. Specially since they say "further supplement their progress" and they've been posting on all the catchup threads.
  1. Mardux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So still a maximum of 2 per week, it just gives you more options. Unfortunately an option that costs resources people want to spend elsewhere. If they cost Coalescing Visions or Corrupted Mementos that'd be better.

    Well, the hype when I saw the tweet notification disappeared rather quickly...
    If you had bothered read the blue post, youd have seen that characters catching aren't limited to 2 scores a week. But it's easier to just assume shit to fuel your misplaced outrage, right?
  1. Smeeh's Avatar
    Thank god they use echoes, not like alts in need of catchup have anything else to use those on.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    If you had bothered read the blue post, youd have seen that characters catching aren't limited to 2 scores a week. But it's easier to just assume shit to fuel your misplaced outrage, right?
    I think the line "up to the maximum that you could have otherwise earned via weekly Horrific Visions or from N’Zoth the Corruptor." is confusing people.
  1. NabyBro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You right. This is "horrible". Hopefully blizzard agrees with your minority and reverses this change, right?

    /s

    On second thought, maybe put a little effort in and stop expecting everything to just be handed to your lazy ass.
    I have 3 characters with rank15 cape, one at cap the other 2 at various other levels.
    I have two chars with all three nazhatar followers at lv30 too, I am the very definition of a grinder.

    I am not saying everyone should be just at cap instantly, I say the 2 malefic core per week is a joke at this point. The catch up is virtually impossible for newer alts now and the power difference is astronomical.

    Being able to buy there cores for 2k echoes is a joke if they share the cap with the vision + Nzoth kill ones as those are much "cheaper" as in not require you to spend echoes which you could spend on corruptions.
    The only way this would make sense if you could buy those until cap.

    Now get your lazy ass off me.
  1. DonDalle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    If you had bothered read the blue post, youd have seen that characters catching aren't limited to 2 scores a week. But it's easier to just assume shit to fuel your misplaced outrage, right?
    Did you read this line in the bluepost? "This will be repeatable, up to the maximum that you could have otherwise earned via weekly Horrific Visions or from N’Zoth the Corruptor."
  1. Mardux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Thank god they use echoes, not like alts in need of catchup have anything else to use those on.
    Pretty much. Now we have a choice, spend echoes on corruption we cant wear while being unable to catch up on the cloak, or spend echoes on scores and use corruptions we already have while saving up to buy BiS corruptions.

    Like you, I would rather buy a bunch of corruptions I cant use for another 2+ months of waiting for the cloak to catch up.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    Idk, did you read this line in the bluepost? "This will be repeatable, up to the maximum that you could have otherwise earned via weekly Horrific Visions or from N’Zoth the Corruptor."
    As in, up to the maximum that is currently available, like 80 something at this point.
  1. Mardux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    Did you read this line in the bluepost? "This will be repeatable, up to the maximum that you could have otherwise earned via weekly Horrific Visions or from N’Zoth the Corruptor."
    C.r.i.t.i.c.a.l. T.h.i.n.k.i.n.g.

    Yours needs work.
  1. det's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This is horrible. Why can't we just keep buying Malefic Cores until we reach max corruption?
    Guess there is always that guy who says "horrible" no matter what is in the game. You know...the one who this quote from a game dev was intended for (paraphrasing): "If you gave gamers a magical hat that made the game exactly like the want it...they'd still complain about the colour of the hat"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    As in, up to the maximum that is currently available, like 80 something at this point.
    Just checked...it is 92 on your cloak plus 10 from an essence in your HoA as of finishing a HV this week.

Site Navigation