Realm Connections During Next Maintenance
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
During our next scheduled maintenance period (currently planned for 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, July 21), the following realm connections will be made:

  • The Skywall realm will join the Silvermoon and Mok’Nathal realms.
  • The Perenolde realm will join the Blackmoore and Cenarius realms.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.

Thank you!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Realm Connections During Next Maintenance started by chaud View original post
Comments 31 Comments
  1. Sharnie786's Avatar
    I'm on Ravencrest EU now. Was on Kul Tiras EU which was connected to Alonsus and Anachronos. I would recommend others move to a high pop realm too. I'm glad I did.

    Wonder what EU realms they're connecting. We'll find out tomorrow im sure
  1. Djaye's Avatar
    Wow, I used to play on Cenarius. It was a medium/high server 5 years ago. Messed up to see it drop soo low.
  1. hulkgor's Avatar
    Will it really make a difference? Connecting low pop realms to low pop realms, whilst people keep -slowly- moving out to the most popular realms?

    I feel like a complete merger of high amount of realms (even with guild\char renames) would be a way better option.
  1. Djaye's Avatar
    They really need to start doing megaservers for retail. You look at the realm selection screen and its 80 low pop servers and 10 or so medium and high. With CRZ, CRR and all, server identity is dead and has been for years. Megaservers would at least make the game look full and not be so damn depressing to log into a dead server as usual.
  1. kamuimac's Avatar
    so they are once again merging dead realm to dead realm achieving nothing .

    instead merge 3-4 realms to already existing connected realms.

    as i thought - just pseudo moves to keep $$$$$ from realm transfers
  1. Vilendor's Avatar
    MMOC should put a US/EU mark before these posts... Took me a min to figure out why they want to connect one of the highest pop realm with others.
  1. Drusin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    MMOC should put a US/EU mark before these posts... Took me a min to figure out why they want to connect one of the highest pop realm with others.
    Would they use EU time zones if they were talking about the EU? I've actually never paid attention to if they do or not but if I saw something other than a US time zone I'd be like wtf is this gibberish acronym lol
  1. Enter Name Here's Avatar
    I'm really hoping they fuck up like EU last week.

    Why? because EU got little to no explanation/aknowledgement of the problems that occured last week (mainly messed up guild membership but also reports about missing/duping items from auction house)

    I'm hoping them to be forced to be a little more communicative if it hits closer to base.
  1. Tradu's Avatar
    Just merge every realm except the top 10(maybe even 5) per region into 1 mega realm, and even then that mega server would probably be smaller than the biggest ones in that region. These tiny merges are a joke.
  1. Gollums's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    I'm on Ravencrest EU now. Was on Kul Tiras EU which was connected to Alonsus and Anachronos. I would recommend others move to a high pop realm too. I'm glad I did.

    Wonder what EU realms they're connecting. We'll find out tomorrow im sure

    They already Did 2 weeks ago, but mmo-champion didn't report on it.... (connections were to happen last week but they failed)

    it's EU Aman'Thul to Anub'arak/Frostmourne/Nazjatar/Zuluhed/Dalvengyr (that connection went through though with problems)


    and then there is:
    Borean Tundra - Blackscar (Russian servers)
    Zirkel des Cenarius/Todeswache with Forscherliga/Die Nachtwache

    Both of those servers were scheduled to be connected last week but it failed and blizzard have said they will connect them next (would assume they will try again on Wednesday, which would make sense why the US maintenance is scheduled for Thursday incase they run into further issues)
  1. Valhalladin's Avatar
    Probably wrong in my understanding and want some clarification.

    Aren't all realms connected to other realms already? Ie Stormreaver/Haomarush/Vasj/Spinebreaker etc are a set of connected realms. Are they disconnecting some from others and moving them again? Or were these realms left out of the previous connections?
  1. Gollums's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Probably wrong in my understanding and want some clarification.

    Aren't all realms connected to other realms already? Ie Stormreaver/Haomarush/Vasj/Spinebreaker etc are a set of connected realms. Are they disconnecting some from others and moving them again? Or were these realms left out of the previous connections?

    There are no disconnections happening its just more connections, so effectively some of the smallest servers become larger.

    Being a connected realm means that data from 1 server gets transferred to the other so they act as 1 server, meaning you can trade between them and they share the same set of Guilds/AH/BMAH/trade chat etc... For US servers it can also mean that the server time gets changed to whatever it is on the realm the server is being merged to.


    Haomarush is currently connected with this cluster as an example (assuming your talking about EU): Dragonmaw — Haomarush — Spinebreaker — Stormreaver — Vashj
  1. Valhalladin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollums View Post
    connected realm means that data from 1 server gets transferred to the other so they act as 1 server, meaning you can trade between them and they share the same set of Guilds/AH/BMAH/trade chat etc... For US servers it can also mean that the server time gets changed to whatever it is on the realm the server is being merged to.


    Haomarush is connected with this cluster as an example (assuming your talking about EU): Dragonmaw — Haomarush — Spinebreaker — Stormreaver — Vashj
    I know all this. This is not what I am asking at all..
  1. Marrilaife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollums View Post
    They already Did 2 weeks ago, but mmo-champion didn't report on it.... (connections were to happen last week but they failed)

    it's EU Aman'Thul to Anub'arak/Frostmourne/Nazjatar/Zuluhed/Dalvengyr (that connection went through though with problems)


    and then there is:
    Borean Tundra - Blackscar (Russian servers)
    Zirkel des Cenarius/Todeswache with Forscherliga/Die Nachtwache

    Both of those servers were scheduled to be connected last week but it failed and blizzard have said they will connect them next (would assume they will try again on Wednesday, which would make sense why the US maintenance is scheduled for Thursday incase they run into further issues)
    Soooo... 2 German connections and 1 Russian? Where are English realm connections cmon... 80% of them are dead af.
  1. Lurker1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    Wow, I used to play on Cenarius. It was a medium/high server 5 years ago. Messed up to see it drop soo low.
    Realm transfers every 3 days will do that.
  1. Tradu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    I know all this. This is not what I am asking at all..
    That is what you asked, though. And no, not all servers are connected. Connected servers specifically means guilds, AH, trading work between them. If you're on Ravencrest you can't trade with any other servers, for example, because Ravencrest is not connected to any other servers. You can play with people from any server on your region, except for mythic raids (at the start of patches)
  1. music49's Avatar
    COME ON GHOSTLANDS US!!!!, I want to be on a higher pop server but I don't want to leave my guild who refuse to move servers
  1. Gollums's Avatar
    Another realm connection announced for July 22 (galakrond & deepholm):

    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/ru/wo...ния/117877
  1. Gaebryel Quintyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    They really need to start doing megaservers for retail. You look at the realm selection screen and its 80 low pop servers and 10 or so medium and high. With CRZ, CRR and all, server identity is dead and has been for years. Megaservers would at least make the game look full and not be so damn depressing to log into a dead server as usual.
    Here's the breakdown of US realms currently (It's 9:00 AM EST right now):

    24 full realms
    29 high realms
    61 medium realms
    3 low realms
    9 new player realms

    You can imagine that all those population numbers would go higher later on as the day goes by and then prime time in the evening (Excluding the 9 new player realms).
  1. razorpax's Avatar
    if this is US isnt perenolde connected to cairne already??

Site Navigation