Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
When Sylvanas Windrunner shatters the veil between worlds, you’ll be leaving Azeroth behind—at least for a time. But before you journey to the Shadowlands, you may want to spend your remaining moments in the mortal realms seeking out a few rewards that will no longer be obtainable (or will be more difficult to acquire) in the next expansion.

Read on for the full list, and make sure to collect everything you’ve been eyeing before time runs out.

Going Away with Shadowlands Launch

How to Claim Your Dragon

When Azeroth’s heroes depart for the Shadowlands, the last vestiges of N’Zoth the Corruptor will fade away—and the “Lost Flight” quest, which rewards the Uncorrupted Voidwing mount, will vanish along with him.


Uncorrupted Voidwing

To earn: Enter the raid Ny’alotha, the Waking City on Heroic difficulty and defeat N’Zoth the Corruptor. You’ll want to be around 445 item level and be accompanied by at least 15 others in gear of similar quality to take down the Old God.

Upon defeating N’Zoth, you’ll loot an item that grants you the “Lost Flight” quest, which can be turned in for your Uncorrupted Voidwing.

You can further prepare for the climatic final boss in Battle of Azeroth by watching the N’Zoth the Corruptor FatbossTV guide.

TIP: Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve is a must-have for all members of your raid group when fighting N’Zoth the Corruptor. Those without the legendary cloak will succumb to an instant mind-control mechanic, becoming a Servant of N’Zoth who will ravage your raid. Follow our guide to obtain your legendary cloak.

Estimated time: 2 hours


If you need aid, some fellow heroes in the community are willing to help those who want to earn their Uncorrupted Voidwing. Check out the list below, and read their guidelines to find out how to participate.



Your Heart Only for Azeroth

The Heart of Azeroth, the legendary necklace you’ve kept close to your own hearts, derives its power from your connection to Azeroth. You’ll find that connection weakens when you step foot into areas or instances not introduced in Battle for Azeroth, severing features that derive power from it—Essences and Azerite Traits. The potency of these powers will reactivate whenever you return to eligible regions and instances (e.g. Horrific Visions.

Going Away with Shadowlands Pre-patch

Mind-Blowing Mount


The prestige achievement Battle for Azeroth Keystone Master: Season Four and its reward the Awakened Mindborer mount will only be available to earn prior to the release of Shadowlands. To earn the achievement and mount, you must complete all Battle for Azeroth Season Four dungeons at Mythic Level 15 or higher, within the time limit.

Unsure of your current progress? See which Keystones you need to complete by checking your progress in the Mythic Keystone section in the Group Finder (default hotkey: i).

Extinction Event


Mighty Caravan Brutosaur

Just like the real dinosaurs that once walked our own earth, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days in Azeroth are numbered. Once the Shadowlands pre-patch goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. The Mighty Caravan Brutosaur will then trek from its Battle for Azeroth vendors to the Black Market Auction House where it can show up occasionally as a purchasable mount for players to bid on. The accompanying Feat of Strength Conspicuous Consumption will be earned upon purchase.

To earn: Purchase for 5,000,000 gold from Talutu in Grand Bazaar, Dazar’alor (Horde) or Tricky Nick in Hook Point, Boralus (Alliance).

Corruption Cleansed

With the Black Empire turned to ash, the Old Gods’ power of Corruption will wither away once the Shadowlands pre-patch goes live. Your Corruption-tainted items will shed away their dark power, leaving your gear in its pure form. With Corruption no longer a threat, the Corruption Resistance found on certain Essences and your legendary cloak will also dissipate.

Utter Madness

One of the more challenging achievements to arise in Visions of N’Zoth—Mad World—will no longer be acquirable once the pre-patch goes live. If you successfully earn the Feat of Strength, you’ll be granted a fitting title, “the Faceless One.”

To earn: Complete all objectives in the Horrific Visions of Stormwind and Orgrimmar in a single visit while not in a party and with all 5 Faceless Masks active.

Changing of the Seasons

The current PvP Season will end with the pre-patch, taking with it all of the usual earnable rewards for eligible players who end the season in the top 0.1% of the 3v3 arena ladder. To commemorate this feat, these elite players will earn the Corrupted Gladiator title, Corrupted Gladiator’s Tabard, and the Corrupted Gladiator mount.

Top of the Class

Just as with previous raids at the end of an expansion, the Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge achievements for defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Heroic and Mythic difficulties will go away at the beginning of pre-patch. In addition to earning limited-time achievements, you’ll also get your Uncorrupted Voidwing and—for those seeking to get Cutting Edge—have a chance to get the Ny’alotha Allseer mount for defeating N’Zoth on Mythic difficulty.

Your Essences Preferences

If you’re trying to collect the prestigious title Azeroth’s Champion, be sure to add earning the achievement Phenomenal Cosmic Power to your list of things to do, as all Rank 4 Essences can no longer be earned once Shadowlands strikes.

To earn: Infuse the Heart of Azeroth with all available Essences from the Rise of Azshara update for any role at Rank 4. Refer to Wowhead’s comprehensive Essence collection guide to get started!

The Truth Hertz

In the same vein as Rank 4, the achievement Hertz Locker which grants the Rank 4 Essence Vision of Perfection will become unobtainable, but earlier during pre-patch.

To earn: Within a single lockout, defeat all bosses in Operation: Mechagon and prevent the destruction of all non-robotic life on Azeroth without any player dying on Mythic difficulty.

Some mounts and achievements will become more difficult to acquire due to drop rates changing or requirements going away with Shadowlands.

Difficulty Increasing When Shadowlands Launches

Mythic Mounts

When you sail away from Battle for Azeroth, the current guaranteed drop rate for the Glacial Tidestorm and Ny’alotha Allseer mounts will significantly decrease, and the amount of dropped mounts will decrease to one (currently two).


Glacial Tidestorm

Glacial Tidestorm: Defeat Mythic Lady Jaina Proudmoore in Battle of Dazar’alor on Mythic difficulty. You’ll need 20 players total to enter the raid, and it’s recommended that all players are 415 item level or higher. You can further prepare for Mythic Lady Jaina Proudmoore by watching the Mythic Lady Jaina Proudmoore FatbossTV guide.


Ny’alotha Allseer

Ny’alotha Allseer: Defeat Mythic N’Zoth the Corruptor in Ny’alotha, the Waking City on Mythic difficulty. You’ll need 20 players total to enter the raid, and it’s recommended that all players are 470 item level or higher. You can further prepare for Mythic N’Zoth the Corruptor by watching the Mythic N’Zoth Complexity Limit guide.

Please note that the corresponding Cutting Edge: N’Zoth the Corruptor achievement will no longer be available to earn once Shadowlands goes live.

As these instances are both Mythic difficulty, we expect defeating Mythic Jaina Proudmoore and Mythic N’Zoth will still require a fair amount of coordination to defeat in Shadowlands—so if you want either of these mounts, you may want to consider taking advantage of the guaranteed drop rate.

There are also some heroes in the community who are willing to help those who want to earn their Glacial Tidestorm or Ny’alotha Allseer mounts—check out their information below!

  • DesMephisto

Which mount or achievement is on your list to collect?
This article was originally published in forum thread: Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth started by Lumy View original post
Comments 124 Comments
  1. Arafal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    There won't be a Gamescom. Corona. Remember?
    https://www.gamescom.de/startseite/

    They are doing a digital event.
  1. Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiocracyIsReal View Post
    Indeed it does and that's their new business model. Replacing content with rewards that disappear for no reason, replacing end game content with repeatable endless grind for imaginary points that increase player's power. Fail to log in - miss out on stuff.

    What a disgusting company has Blizzard become.
    This isn’t at all a new business model they have always done this rather it be though collectors editions taking out content like classic naxx or selling trading cards with item codes.

    Blizzard hasn’t become a disgusting company they were one since day one.
  1. Sharnie786's Avatar
    I've got all i wanted, thanks. None of these feel like Legion mage tower appearances though. I remember I levelled a rogue and warrior last minute to get all 36 appearances because I had got them for every other spec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by IdiocracyIsReal View Post
    Indeed it does and that's their new business model. Replacing content with rewards that disappear for no reason, replacing end game content with repeatable endless grind for imaginary points that increase player's power. Fail to log in - miss out on stuff.

    What a disgusting company has Blizzard become.
    it's a business, should they not have a business model? Sometimes I question the logic of people behind their screens making such posts.
  1. Sigxy's Avatar
    I know they've taken away things before the next expansion hits - but this is just silly and some things have no reason to suddenly disappear.
  1. Argorwal's Avatar
    Other than long boi this seems like a benign and standard list.
  1. Nnyco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
    Forced scarcity makes you look like pieces of shit Blizzard.
    Imagine complaining about seasonal rewards being seasonal.
  1. Deferionus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    AOTC mount going away makes sense. Mythic mounts dropping to 1% makes sense. Brutosaur? Fuck no. Essence title? lol who cares.
    I disagree. During BC I spent a lot of time farming my 280% flying and it wasnt until years later that it became common. In WOTLK I did the same with farming the mammoth, which was considered expensive for its time. I think you'd be harder pressed to find someone that does not have these now than someone who does.

    The gold farming and acquiring these when they were current content was something extraordinary that was devalued by gold inflation and I feel preserving the extra effort of the players who do it should be rewarded. Same thing goes with gladiator mounts and the AOTC mounts and other rewards that are 'challenging' that will be devalued by currency or power inflation in the future.

    There is a place for player rewards for doing old content and the 1% mount chance off end bosses, pet drops, and transmog farming and what Blizzard is doing now I believe hits a sweet spot.

    TLDR; Blizzard should reward people for doing something when its current vs in 4 years, 2 expansions later, when it takes a fraction of the time and effort.
  1. Forever Alone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkteacup View Post
    Disagree. I enjoy earning these achievements knowing that my time spent counts for something. I would not be motivated to go for the hard ones if I knew there was always a safety net waiting at the end of an expansion.
    I don't care about the achievements, I care about the auction house mount. Just an excuse to force people to buy tokens.
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    Most of these are ugly as hell and not worth the grind. I only mildly care I don't have the Brutosaur but not really because I don't play enough to make 5 million gold to spend on one mount when I hardly ever even use the AH. I'm good with the Yak.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    There won't be a Gamescom. Corona. Remember?
    There will be virtual one and Blizzard is attending. Last few years they focused only on some e-sports there, but this time I guess they must show something, since it probably will be just stream with game trailers.
  1. trapmaster's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if shadowland mount reveals later on to be better than Brutosaur. I am pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere about it.
  1. Coconut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I disagree. During BC I spent a lot of time farming my 280% flying and it wasnt until years later that it became common. In WOTLK I did the same with farming the mammoth, which was considered expensive for its time. I think you'd be harder pressed to find someone that does not have these now than someone who does.

    The gold farming and acquiring these when they were current content was something extraordinary that was devalued by gold inflation and I feel preserving the extra effort of the players who do it should be rewarded. Same thing goes with gladiator mounts and the AOTC mounts and other rewards that are 'challenging' that will be devalued by currency or power inflation in the future.

    There is a place for player rewards for doing old content and the 1% mount chance off end bosses, pet drops, and transmog farming and what Blizzard is doing now I believe hits a sweet spot.

    TLDR; Blizzard should reward people for doing something when its current vs in 4 years, 2 expansions later, when it takes a fraction of the time and effort.
    I could see your argument (though I still disagree with it on principle) if the removal was announced from the start.

    As it is, Blizzard very underhandedly announced removing a gold sink mount from the game for the very first time after introducing a lot of other, smaller gold sinks to tempt players to spend their gold, and after introducing measures to reduce passive gold intake and the value of raid consumables. By the time they announced this, it had become very hard to catch up on the gold unless you played on a high pop server or had a lot of time on your hands, and we were left with the frustration of having spent valuable currency and time on things that weren't actually going away.
  1. Baine's Avatar
    The only one that interests me is the Jaina. Will farm it solo in 2 expansions. For the rest, none interest me enough to care about their departure.
  1. Qnubi's Avatar
    Honestly I feel so blessed that mounts and cosmetics mean absolutely nothing to me. The amount of pressure people may experience because they "need" to have these things in their collection must be insane.
  1. Cæli's Avatar
    get it quick before you can! disgusting FOMO design
    they know for a fact that many people are collectors, addicted or have put too much efforts in this throughout all the years. and they exploit this to keep them playing, thanks to the "fear of missing out" which hook them even more. hope one day it'll be an illegal practice.
  1. Schmilblick's Avatar
    No thank, not coming back until (maybe) SL.
  1. Nnyco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    The only one that interests me is the Jaina. Will farm it solo in 2 expansions. For the rest, none interest me enough to care about their departure.
    Just join a farm group right now, takes no time and guranteed to drop two.
  1. Jester Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    get it quick before you can! disgusting FOMO design
    they know for a fact that many people are collectors, addicted or have put too much efforts in this throughout all the years. and they exploit this to keep them playing, thanks to the "fear of missing out" which hook them even more. hope one day it'll be an illegal practice.
    If people are collectors, they're doing it because they enjoy it. This whole "FOMO" thing I only ever see claimed by people who don't seem to care anyway, they're just looking to criticize instead something that doesn't affect them much.

    As someone who enjoys collecting things personally, it's really unnecessary to make it sound like it's an issue that needs to be fixed.
  1. Eazy's Avatar
    The Azeroth Champion title will be unobtainable... and the rank 4 is behind the RNG drop from emissary bonuses xD

    Never gets old Blizz, never gets old...
  1. Doffen's Avatar
    Missing out on stuff if you didn't log in has been a thing since vanilla. I didn't log in during Scarab Lord event, should I be mad because I didn't get the mount?(it's an example, don't worry about the logic) Amani War Bear? Invincible? Hand of A'dal? And the list go on. I do have the Bear and Hand of A'dal, because I was there when it was current. Yes, you can get most of the mounts at a 1% chance later on, but you get the idea.

    Fearing on missing out is a thing for everything in life. Some stuff is expansion only, and it should stay that way. Maybe these are better examples: I didn't do the MoP Challenge modes because I didn't do it and barely played in MoP. But I have zero reason to be mad that I don't have those transmogs now. I didn't do all the challenges modes in WoD, only 4. But I don't deserve the weapon mogs because I didn't do them all. It's that simple.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The Azeroth Champion title will be unobtainable... and the rank 4 is behind the RNG drop from emissary bonuses xD

    Never gets old Blizz, never gets old...
    I can understand people complaining about these kinds of stuff to get before the expansion goes away because it's based purely on rng. It's the exception however.

Site Navigation