WoW Classic Realms now on One Layer
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Over the weeks since several high-population realms were configured to allow two layers, and therefore twice as many concurrent players, we’ve carefully observed and tracked the player populations on those realms. Our goal has been to reach a conclusion – a time at which we could safely “delayer” and return those realms to the same population controls as every other realm.

Today, we have done exactly that. All realms in this region are now operating without layers.

Additionally, we’ve disabled the temporary restrictions on character transfers from realm to realm in this region.

WoW Classic - Character Transfer Restrictions
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Updated August 21

All standard realm-to-realm character transfers are now available. There are currently no realms restricted for character transfers.
This article was originally published in forum thread: WoW Classic Realms now on One Layer, Character Transfer Restrictions started by Lumy View original post
Comments 19 Comments
  1. agm114r's Avatar
    So AQ is over on the more full realms, so players have left till Naxx this time.
  1. Hydra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    So AQ is over on the more full realms, so players have left till Naxx this time.
    It's because people are insufferable when it comes to loot so when guilds break up (because people wanna whine and whine about pixels), what's next? Join another guild where it might happen or join a guild where you're dead last on loot so you'll raid and raid and raid without getting anything except hand-me-downs or quit altogether. Pretty easy decision, time can be spent elsewhere.
  1. Malum's Avatar
    Omfggggg no changes!
  1. munkeyinorbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    It's because people are insufferable when it comes to loot so when guilds break up (because people wanna whine and whine about pixels), what's next? Join another guild where it might happen or join a guild where you're dead last on loot so you'll raid and raid and raid without getting anything except hand-me-downs or quit altogether. Pretty easy decision, time can be spent elsewhere.
    Kind of sad when classic was framed as the better community version of wow. With all the scamming and toxicity this has been proven as wrong. Who would've guessed?
  1. glowpipe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Kind of sad when classic was framed as the better community version of wow. With all the scamming and toxicity this has been proven as wrong. Who would've guessed?
    Almost like the game doesn't matter. But the players playing it. People on the internet today is a entirely different breed than people on the internet 15 years ago
  1. Hydra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Kind of sad when classic was framed as the better community version of wow. With all the scamming and toxicity this has been proven as wrong. Who would've guessed?
    I played Classic for 6 months, after I quit and started fucking around in BFA for the past 2 months...Classic community is straight garbage. People are straight garbage. Blizzard barely cares about it themselves with the layering issues.
  1. agm114r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    I played Classic for 6 months, after I quit and started fucking around in BFA for the past 2 months...Classic community is straight garbage. People are straight garbage. Blizzard barely cares about it themselves with the layering issues.
    I won't say Vanilla community was all the lovely things it's said to be, but, when we were in Vanilla, people helped people, because most of us didn't have a clue, and were happy to have some help figuring things out. Classic is dominated by what I call the "The GUIDE told me to do it this way!!!!" type of players. They already know everything, or at least think they do, and the other part of that: "We don't have time to help you!!! THE GUIDE said it was inefficient to help you!" Retail has plenty of these people, too, of course.

    Efficiency really wasn't a watchword in Vanilla, or XP per hour, not at the level it is now.

    We had a few sites to figure out quests with, but nothing of the level of stuff we can already see just from Shadowlands Beta...
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Kind of sad when classic was framed as the better community version of wow. With all the scamming and toxicity this has been proven as wrong. Who would've guessed?
    people seem to not notice the fact that wow over the years has introduces systems that intentionaly make toxic actitivies not be posible,you cant grief people with world bosses,or deny them acces to endgame related things,even personal loot was made for this

    i see people saying....you dont see this kinda stuff in retail....NO SHIT?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I won't say Vanilla community was all the lovely things it's said to be, but, when we were in Vanilla, people helped people, because most of us didn't have a clue, and were happy to have some help figuring things out. Classic is dominated by what I call the "The GUIDE told me to do it this way!!!!" type of players. They already know everything, or at least think they do, and the other part of that: "We don't have time to help you!!! THE GUIDE said it was inefficient to help you!" Retail has plenty of these people, too, of course.

    Efficiency really wasn't a watchword in Vanilla, or XP per hour, not at the level it is now.

    We had a few sites to figure out quests with, but nothing of the level of stuff we can already see just from Shadowlands Beta...
    yeah,vanila was better than classic no doubt,and the thing is that classic with todays people is simply filled with oportunities to grief or be toxic,you dont see it in retail because there are no systems to enable such behaviour

    whether you think this is good or bad is personal opinion ofc
  1. Gref's Avatar
    I don't get this classic community is garbage thing.
    Maybe it is jut your experience? as mine is vastly different.
    I ask for a stamina buff, 30 min one, the priest invites me and gives a 1 hour one.
    Other miners share their nodes with me. They wish good luck and ask if there was an arcanite crystal?
    People doing enchants for free. Other guilds helping scarab lords. Random people joining trash clears for scarab lords.
    People dropping world buffs, waiting if there are players trying to reach to orgrimmar.
    I do not know I can keep listing for a long time and I have yet to see this toxic community.

    OCE-Yojambe btw.
  1. Mayia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I don't get this classic community is garbage thing.
    Maybe it is jut your experience? as mine is vastly different.
    I ask for a stamina buff, 30 min one, the priest invites me and gives a 1 hour one.
    Other miners share their nodes with me. They wish good luck and ask if there was an arcanite crystal?
    People doing enchants for free. Other guilds helping scarab lords. Random people joining trash clears for scarab lords.
    People dropping world buffs, waiting if there are players trying to reach to orgrimmar.
    I do not know I can keep listing for a long time and I have yet to see this toxic community.

    OCE-Yojambe btw.
    There is some toxic behavior but you are right it is exactly as most of us said, the communities are much better in classic, the need for them hasn't been patched out yet.
    Having layers removed on Argual is a MASSIVE issue, it'll be 2-5 hour queues on raid days, Blizzard never checks the server at our peak time, as they're asleep at the time.. they're idiots removing layering it'll be back in two weeks max.
  1. twothe's Avatar
    Number of Classic players is very slowly bleeding out. Initially our guild had 50 members, and with every new raid released - and the insanely easy clear a few hours later - people have left. Now we are down to 20 people even after a guild fusion during BWL, and we are struggling to find people who are willing to run through hours of trash in AQ40.

    People seem to realize that Classic ain't as good as memory told them.
  1. Kallor's Avatar
    People were extremely friendly, helpful, and forgiving when I played Classic. Maybe the realms are just vastly different, or the people that whine about it are toxic so they tend to draw out the worst in other people too?
  1. Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Almost like the game doesn't matter. But the players playing it. People on the internet today is a entirely different breed than people on the internet 15 years ago
    As someone who played during Vanilla. People haven't changed.
  1. Djuntas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Number of Classic players is very slowly bleeding out. Initially our guild had 50 members, and with every new raid released - and the insanely easy clear a few hours later - people have left. Now we are down to 20 people even after a guild fusion during BWL, and we are struggling to find people who are willing to run through hours of trash in AQ40.

    People seem to realize that Classic ain't as good as memory told them.
    We'll, when you can pug raids on your own time limit. Sure a guild is fun if you find one, but raids are so easy to clear you can get them all cleared minus AQ40 within 1 month on 60. After that its just gear grinding...Thats what I did, and now im bored :P ZG especially gave me plenty of gear, also crafted gear helps.
  1. gosuabbbff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    I played Classic for 6 months, after I quit and started fucking around in BFA for the past 2 months...Classic community is straight garbage. People are straight garbage. Blizzard barely cares about it themselves with the layering issues.
    yes.. that's what blizzard was saying, but the neckbeards were more busy blaming the new expansions for ruining "wow's community". LFR killed community ROFL give me a break
  1. urasim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    I played Classic for 6 months, after I quit and started fucking around in BFA for the past 2 months...Classic community is straight garbage. People are straight garbage. Blizzard barely cares about it themselves with the layering issues.
    Oh, I disagree. I was in a top guild back in the day and we were toxic as fuck. We scalped people from other guilds. We'd destroy other people's guilds for fun. We'd camp people for hours in the open world. We'd gate keep PvP rankings. We had people go into other people's guild to teach them fights and then ninja all the loot. We'd kite bosses to cities to kill everyone. We'd snowball people off thunder bluff to their deaths. Everything you can think of, we did, and it wasn't just our guild do it. It was basically every guild that was competitive.
  1. Hydra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Oh, I disagree. I was in a top guild back in the day and we were toxic as fuck. We scalped people from other guilds. We'd destroy other people's guilds for fun. We'd camp people for hours in the open world. We'd gate keep PvP rankings. We had people go into other people's guild to teach them fights and then ninja all the loot. We'd kite bosses to cities to kill everyone. We'd snowball people off thunder bluff to their deaths. Everything you can think of, we did, and it wasn't just our guild do it. It was basically every guild that was competitive.
    You disagreed but listed shit that agreed. I'm confused on that. And when I was playing Classic on Whitemane, some of that shit was going on. We had alts from other guilds in our guild that conspired to get loot and bounce (I hated the alts shit but I mean you kinda have to take what you can get when you advertise; luckily they didn't get shit because someone snitched on them), we've had people try to poach, Priests dispelling people in Kargath just for funsies for HOURS, people getting a piece of loot or 2 and bouncing to somewhere else.

    Garbage type of shit.
  1. urasim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
    You disagreed but listed shit that agreed. I'm confused on that. And when I was playing Classic on Whitemane, some of that shit was going on. We had alts from other guilds in our guild that conspired to get loot and bounce (I hated the alts shit but I mean you kinda have to take what you can get when you advertise; luckily they didn't get shit because someone snitched on them), we've had people try to poach, Priests dispelling people in Kargath just for funsies for HOURS, people getting a piece of loot or 2 and bouncing to somewhere else.

    Garbage type of shit.
    I meant to quote glowpipe. I don't know how I quoted you or even why I didn't read to verify who I was quoting. My bad.
  1. Nonsenser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Efficiency really wasn't a watchword in Vanilla, or XP per hour, not at the level it is now.
    You're actually wrong here. Power leveling was invented back in vanilla, precisely because of how much time it took to raise an alt just to lvl 60, not to mention gearing it up. And this was exactly the reason why Blizzard started to make it easier with every expansion, with Shadowlands now being the pinnacle of this philosophy (and I love it much more than what we've had up until now).

    And going back to the reason of people leaving, it's exactly this: the game is not rewarding enough for the time invested. Even 15 years ago lack of desired loot in MC/BWL (and any estimations on when it'll finally drop) produced a whole lot of frustration, and in 2020 it feels like a Korean MMO. I wonder why Blizz didn't silently tweak the drop rates.

Site Navigation