Shadowlands Beta - Spells Removed from GCD
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Class - Abilities coming off the GCD



I’ve added two spells to the OP:

Druid: Innervate
Monk: Mana Tea

They no longer invoke a GCD in the latest build of the Shadowlands Beta.

Shadowlands Beta - Death Knight Class Changes
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We’ve continued to work from feedback that the Unholy opener can take too long to get going. Even with attempts to help alleviate this issue over the last few weeks, it’s still not where we would like it to be.

Unholy has quite a few iconic abilities and they aren’t easily removed. Thus, our goal with this week’s latest build is to reduce the number of cooldowns in the opener, help out Rune economy, and give access to a baseline AoE Runic Spender.

Unholy

  • Summon Gargoyle is moved back as a level 50 talent.
  • Unholy Pact moved to the level 45 talent tier.
  • Epidemic is baseline.
  • Dark Transformation has been removed, and its functionality has been added to Apocalypse.
    • Developers’ notes: Legendaries and Conduits that interact with your ghoul while they have Dark Transformation still function as they did prior to this change.
  • Death Coil has updated to reduce the cooldown of Apocalypse by 1.5 seconds.
    • Developers’ notes: When you cast Apocalypse, your Dark Transformation is no longer delayed by a missile travel time.



Thanks for feedback–in an upcoming build, we are reverting the recent change to Dark Transformation. It will once again be its own ability.

Blood

We have a small update for Blood to address the feedback about the Ossuary talent feeling mandatory.
  • Ossuary is now baseline and learned at level 58.
  • Blood Tap is now moved to place Ossuary was in talents.

Thanks for the continued feedback! Please keep it coming once you’ve had a chance to test the new build.

Shadowlands Beta Priest Class Changes
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
A test spell for Unholy Nova showed up in some data mining. We wanted to clarify that currently Unholy Nova is not being changed. We’ve heard feedback that being forced into melee range to use this spell is restrictive, particularly when using abilities like Shadow Crash which have a minimum range. This is something we’re looking to address, however this prototype version that was data mined is still in development and not something we are looking for feedback on at this time.

Shadowlands Beta - Shaman Class Changes
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
However, one thing I’ve noticed is that for spells that travel, the “extra” cast is eaten up by the next spell reaching its destination instead of the actual next cast. In other words…
If I cast a Lava Burst, use Echoing Shock and then cast Earth Shock, the Lava Burst will actually eat the Echoing Shock due to travel time, so instead of an extra Earth Shock, which was my “next damaging spell” I get an extra Lava Burst.


Echoing Shock had a bunch of work done in the past week that should resolve these problems. I believe in the build that is being pushed today, regardless of what you did prior to pressing Echoing Shock, it should only actually do something with whatever button you press after activating Echoing Shock. Check it out when the PTR or beta realms are up and reply here if that is not the case.

Some covenant abilities may not fully work with it yet. The core Shaman buttons should be working with it.



Yes, Echoing Shock should once again work with Earthquakes.

There are no plans to change Flame Shock’s duration.



Any plans coming down the pipe for Enhancement level 50 talent row? Ascendance might be in a decent spot but all through BFA the other 2 talents were just not good. Elemental Spirits is far too RNG and Earthen Spike just feels like it lacks any sort of punch.

Feral Spirits are a bit weak right now, and the talented version has some issues where the different elemental wolves don’t interact with some abilities that they should be.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Shadowlands Beta - Spells Removed from GCD, Class Changes started by Lumy View original post
Comments 34 Comments
  1. Mirishka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    wow much changes.
    That's cute and all, but maybe try not to confuse 'no fucking changes' with 'changes that I want'.
  1. Haidaes's Avatar
    Very mixed feeling on those unholy changes. Losing Gargoyle again kinda sucks, epidemic baseline is a blessing, but combining apocalypse with DT is.. not so sure tbh. In m+ I tend to use them quite different, especially with the chains talent/trait.
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    OK, this is actually a terrible change for Unholy, especially in PVP. Why not just remove dark transformation from the GCD? Now if you want to set up for a pet kick, you have to go into burst first.

    What a stupid change, do they even play the class??
  1. Haidaes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    OK, this is actually a terrible change for Unholy, especially in PVP. Why not just remove dark transformation from the GCD? Now if you want to set up for a pet kick, you have to go into burst first.

    What a stupid change, do they even play the class??
    It's clearly a change with only raiding in mind, but I don't see how a bit of ramp up time is relevant on most encounters anyway. It's a terible change for PvP and M+, if anything they should have baked UF into Apocalypse as has been often suggested.

    Making Gargoyle a talent again will just kill it entirely, as it now competes with the army talent again and its ridiculous synergy of conduits and legendaries, especially now that it's baked into one spell.

    These changes was clearly not thought through by anyone who actually plays the spec in multiple scenarios.
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's clearly a change with only raiding in mind, but I don't see how a bit of ramp up time is relevant on most encounters anyway. It's a terible change for PvP and M+, if anything they should have baked UF into Apocalypse as has been often suggested.

    Making Gargoyle a talent again will just kill it entirely, as it now competes with the army talent again and its ridiculous synergy of conduits and legendaries, especially now that it's baked into one spell.

    These changes was clearly not thought through by anyone who actually plays the spec in multiple scenarios.
    Yeah but like, just remove DT from the GCD or something if they want to reduce the GCD/cooldowns on pull. It's such a bad change for control in PVP or for setup/burst in M+

    The garg change is dumb too, no one will pick it again. Good one Blizzard
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Where are the Hunter and Shaman updates dammit?
  1. Nephod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Don't know why people hate GCD. Gives me more time to look at the TV when everything is on GCD in between spells.
    Imagine watching TV in 2020. Big yikes.
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Imagine watching TV in 2020. Big yikes.
    What's wrong with watching TV?
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah but like, just remove DT from the GCD or something if they want to reduce the GCD/cooldowns on pull. It's such a bad change for control in PVP or for setup/burst in M+

    The garg change is dumb too, no one will pick it again. Good one Blizzard
    I was playing UH on the PTR a bunch and they had WAY too many buttons to hit, it is one of the specs that did not need more stuff added back in the first place.
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I was playing UH on the PTR a bunch and they had WAY too many buttons to hit, it is one of the specs that did not need more stuff added back in the first place.

    Done plenty of keys on the beta and the changes frenzy to resolved it, and it was pretty much fixed after that because it freed up 2 globals and 4 runes in your opener. The spec was fundamentally the same as it was in Legion with gargoyle as baseline, and the rotation is literally keep dots up, stack wounds/burst wounds, dump RP.

    I don't care much for gargoyle so I don't care if it's gone, it just put a higher value on RP, but thankfully they reverted the DT change because it was really bad
  1. Nishapve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Wait, the BDK changes dont make sense... they made Rune Tab baseline and now switched it with Ossuary but both talents are a must have since your Soulbind def talent works very well with Rune Tab (Party gets healed on use by 15% of their HP every 25sec if you got 2 charches 30% for oh sit moments)
    You are wrong, read the changes again
  1. Racthoh's Avatar
    they finally listened to bfa alpha feedback!
  1. Nephod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What's wrong with watching TV?
    I don't know anyone who has time, that's all. Nothing wrong with it
  1. Rinaul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    I don't know anyone who has time, that's all. Nothing wrong with it
    Idk. Quarantine and all...

Site Navigation