Jenafur Secret Cat - Puzzle Solved

PC Gamer November Issue Cover - Shadowlands and CGI Jailer
The cover for the November issue of PC Gamer features a fully CGI version of the Jailer, possibly suggesting a CGI-rendered cinematic in the future in the likes of the Saurfang cinematics. The cover was initially posted in our forums by user Razaron but has also appeared in the WoW subreddit. You can also find a preview of the issue here.




Shadowlands Beta - Druid Flight Form Now Requires Expert Riding
Druids on the Shadowlands beta are now required to learn expert riding (the first rank of flight riding) in order to use their flight form. Previously, they were awarded expert riding for free when they learned Flight Form. The tooltip states Master Riding, but this is an error as Master Riding is the 2nd rank of flying training.


This article was originally published in forum thread: PC Gamer November Issue Cover - Shadowlands & CGI Jailer, Flight Form in Shadowlands started by Stoy View original post
Comments 101 Comments
  1. Lilithvia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Inspired?!

    Quan Chi is the ruler of the Netherrealm, which is the Mortal Kombat version of Hell.

    So not only Blizzard copied his looks, but also copied his role.
    Nice blatant misstatement with the intent to mislead. He's not the ruler of the Netherrealm, but somebody's bitch.
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    You're projecting.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So you just made it up. Ok.
    Made it up? Are you one of those evolution deniers that cannot see similar and or identical features? You might have recognition issues and possibly should seek mental help.

    Blizzard does not make things look like other things by accident.
  1. Ursoc18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Made it up? Are you one of those evolution deniers that cannot see similar and or identical features? You might have recognition issues and possibly should seek mental help.

    Blizzard does not make things look like other things by accident.
    You making up something about the jailer being a Dreadlord when it is nowhere stated to be the case in the game and then lying to people online about this being a fact rather than your own headcanon has nothing to do with the theory of evolution. But go ahead and call me a "denier", because you made something up. It has a nice ring to it, the word "denier". Reminds people of other things that some people deny, so you can smear people that point out you are just making things up.

    But sure, seeing through your lie is the same as not believing in evolution. I'm a "stupid things MMO-C posters say" denier. I deny a lot of things.
  1. Terracresta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    The druid change is weird, but does bring it in line with the other classes since travel form already mimics a ground mount prior to flight.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Warhammer is a straight rip off of D&D. D&D is a rip off of mythology, pulp fiction, and contemporary fantasy authors of the 1960s and 1970s.

    Are far are we going to go down this rabbit hole? Every piece of fiction is inspired by another piece of fiction. In terms of Warhammer and WoW, they're more so just based off of similar source material.
    I would like to remind you, that Blizzard wanted to make a Warhammer game back when they came up with Warcraft but couldn't get the license which is why the whole series is called Warcraft and not Warhammer. Of cause WoW might not even exist if they would have gotten the Warhammer license back then but still, Warcraft is more than just based on the same source material.
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    You making up something about the jailer being a Dreadlord when it is nowhere confirmed in the game and then lying to people online about this being a fact rather than your own headcanon has nothing to do with the theory of evolution. But go ahead and call me a "denier", because you made something up. It has a nice ring to it, the word "denier". Reminds people of other things that some people deny, so you can smear people that point out you are just making things up.

    But sure, seeing through your lie is the same as not believing in evolution.
    I am not lying about anything or stating anything as fact, I never stated anything as a fact don't be a dick to people. I am throwing out theories but there is clearly a connection based on the visual look of him and the Nathrezim.
  1. SerratedEdge252's Avatar
    I miss the old Santa Claus menacing looking Titan figure. Appearance wise that was probably my favourite looking thing in the game. Perhaps the concept art of that will be his final form (which would also be a very cool/amazing idea implementation) as a grand Titan+esque battle or some sort.

    The look they have for him now is alright as long as it's like a "base form" and we get more afterwards or in an end phase of a fight. If it's just this it's just a wee bit bland.
  1. SirBeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    PC Gamer November issue cover in the middle of September?
    Physical mags have always been like this. Typically it's been about 1.5 months ahead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    I miss the old Santa Claus menacing looking Titan figure. Appearance wise that was probably my favourite looking thing in the game. Perhaps the concept art of that will be his final form (which would also be a very cool/amazing idea implementation) as a grand Titan+esque battle or some sort.

    The look they have for him now is alright as long as it's like a "base form" and we get more afterwards or in an end phase of a fight. If it's just this it's just a wee bit bland.
    I'm certain he will have that new helm and the frozen armor after some point.
  1. Crillam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    "It's the most ambitious expansion we've ever made". Surely they're just joking, right?
    What are they gonna say. "Worst expansion ever made"? Just the normal PR stuff.
  1. SerratedEdge252's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Physical mags have always been like this. Typically it's been about 1.5 months ahead.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm certain he will have that new helm and the frozen armor after some point.
    Here's hoping my friend!
  1. RCA's Avatar


    All I see when I see that underbite, I think Bulldog. Maybe the artist has one.

    And the ambitious part probably relates to the story, I mean they are connecting back to '04...that pretty ambitious for better or worst.
  1. Spiffums's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    "It's the most ambitious expansion we've ever made". Surely they're just joking, right?
    IDK seems ambitious to basically tell your player base to screw off and do the content on 4 of the same class if you want all the goodies. Be interesting to see how it plays out for them.
  1. Very rare pepe's Avatar
    I don't think he looks terrible but he is suffering right now because all we have is a picture. If we were to see him do something bad fucking ass bro, I would think perceptions would change.
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    I would like to remind you, that Blizzard wanted to make a Warhammer game back when they came up with Warcraft but couldn't get the license which is why the whole series is called Warcraft and not Warhammer. Of cause WoW might not even exist if they would have gotten the Warhammer license back then but still, Warcraft is more than just based on the same source material.
    Cool, and? You think that means they basically just made Warhammer with a different name? Games based on the same general theme will have similarities, but doesn't mean they're actually copying each other. Like, is every game with a Mage class the same? It's just a stupid strawman to poke at cause they have nothing of actual substance to hate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    "It's the most ambitious expansion we've ever made". Surely they're just joking, right?
    Cause relatively, it IS their most ambitious expansion. You might hate the features or think there isn't enough flashy going on, but in terms of VOLUME and THEME, it is their most ambitious expansion.
  1. Gadfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    WoW players: Why does Blizzard have to rely on well-established lore characters instead of doing something new or interesting? I hate Sylvanas!!!

    Also WoW players: Why does Blizzard make new characters when they can just use the same old ones that we're familar with instead??? This game sucks!!!
    And spoiler alert, both those groups are probably less than 10% of the audience. And the middle 80% doesn't really care and just wants a fun game.
    Blizzard is smart to ignore most of the feedback they get from social media, it's literally impossible to please them all.

    A crowd sourced game design would be the most boring atrocity we have ever seen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Yes, I felt different. The entire UD campaign in Reign of Chaos was about KT explaining burning legion and summoning Archimonde. "As the mortal armies march blind to torch their doom, the burning shadow has come to consumes us all". That line in the opening cinematic, alone was enough to say there is big villain coming. He was built up implicitly.
    I didn't know much back then, but i knew he is going to be threatening and powerful. And he demolished Lordereon easily.

    Then we united and fought back at the end of NE campaign. That was awesome.

    Jailer, where is the build up? who is this guy? We fought Gods and Titans. Why should be scared of him?
    Because they say so! That's the only reason. No background, no history, no connection. The only connection is Sylvanas, which has become a meme of character now!
    Even his look in the CGI doesn't look threatening. He is just a raid boss at the moment. He is not a villain, he is a raid boss.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh please!
    I am pretty sure no one asked for an entire expansion revolving around a nobody! Void-lords are good example of new characters with good build ups.

    Oh so I guess you have seen and played the expansion completely and seen all the lore and story they add to it.
    Are you seriously complaining that you don't know the bad guy of a story before you have even opened the book??
    Guess what.. NO ONE knew Nefarian, Ragnaros, Onyxia before WoW was released.
  1. Houle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    He was the other voice in the helm of domination and pretty much controlling him (LK).
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya they have already eluded that he was in control of Arthas basically the entire time he had the helm on. Arthas was just his avatar in the real world and his key to break the barriers once Arthas was defeated.
    both of u are full of shit
    they never said or even really implied that, so stop spreading ur unconfirmed headcanon
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    both of u are full of shit
    they never said or even really implied that, so stop spreading ur unconfirmed headcanon
    Theories are not headcanon there is an extremely obvious visual connection to the Nathrezim and him being essentially a god makes there a connection, and the fact the dreadlords "stole" them from the Maw is very likely part of some master plan.
  1. Houle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Theories are not headcanon there is an extremely obvious visual connection to the Nathrezim and him being essentially a god makes there a connection, and the fact the dreadlords "stole" them from the Maw is very likely part of some master plan.
    all fair enough
    but until this day, there was never a mention that he controlled the lich king
    ner'zhul was his own man with his own goals, arthas was his own man with his own goals, bolvar was his own man with his own goals
    just because they used a helmet that had a connection to him doesnt mean he controlled them, nothing even remotely indicates that so far
    in fact, everything points to the opposite
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    all fair enough
    but until this day, there was never a mention that he controlled the lich king
    ner'zhul was his own man with his own goals, arthas was his own man with his own goals, bolvar was his own man with his own goals
    just because they used a helmet that had a connection to him doesnt mean he controlled them, nothing even remotely indicates that so far
    in fact, everything points to the opposite
    I don't think he was ever in full control but he was a presence in the helm the whole time, I do think Bolvar had full control because frostmourne was destroyed and the reason Sylvanas broke the helm was because it was messing up some kind of master plan the Jailor Had.
  1. huehuehue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    So, you feel threatened by a story yet to be told?

    LOL then!


    Happy that you find him threatening. I found him bland as the first raid boss in any raids!

    I reserve judgment until that story is playing out

    Just pointing out that the story hasn't been played through yet and that you're probably going to be very disappointed (whining on forums beforehand!) going forward with this mentality. Warcraft is dried up, newsflash, new characters will be new!
  1. october breeze's Avatar
    The "wait and see the story", which is to be concluded in 2022, is not a good argument vs people who do not like or hyped with the current presentation of the main villain right now in 2020! It is that simple!

Site Navigation