Players receive warnings for using Input Broadcasting Software
Following up on the Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software from two days ago, Blizzard has started sending out warnings to players still using software to control multiple accounts at the same time.

According to reddit user chemistrynerd1994, these warnings have been sent to both Retail and Classic WoW players.



Shadowlands Beta Build 36512 - New Music
New music has been added in Shadowlands Beta Build 36512. Check it out on Youtube!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Input Broadcasting Software Warnings, Shadowlands Beta Build 36512 - New Music started by Lumy View original post
Comments 133 Comments
  1. Throwme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Blizzard has started sending out warnings to players still using software to control multiple accounts at the same time.
    Not a moment too soon!
  1. Ivank0v's Avatar
    Good. Let them burn.
  1. Hellobolis's Avatar
    that's pretty fast, you'd think they'd give em like a week orso. guess they'll start banning when the pre-expansion event starts.
  1. jk1895's Avatar
    This is so ridiculous! They should let people have their fun! They should think of something else if they want to do something against cheaters.
    Leave the multi-boxers alone!
  1. Synical123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This is so ridiculous! They should let people have their fun! They should think of something else if they want to do something against cheaters.
    Leave the multi-boxers alone!
    Totally right! They need to just ban anyone who multiboxes outright instead
  1. Moozart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Not a moment too soon!
    WOOT WOOT So happy they are rolling this out so fast.
  1. bobrock1982's Avatar
    What a shame. Bye multiboxers, bye!!! I guess you can still play your accounts, just not 50 at a time
  1. Utrrabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This is so ridiculous! They should let people have their fun! They should think of something else if they want to do something against cheaters.
    Leave the multi-boxers alone!
    Your logic is false. Blizzard has always supported multiboxing. What they do not support is using 3rd party automation to do it for you. Btw you can fully multibox withoutnising such programs with simple macros.
  1. exsanguinate's Avatar
    So multiboxing is still allowed, but only per /follow and all other functions operated manually?
  1. callipygoustp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This is so ridiculous! They should let people have their fun! They should think of something else if they want to do something against cheaters.
    Leave the multi-boxers alone!
    No worries. Multi-boxers are being left alone. I multi-box, 2 accounts, every day and have yet to hear anything from Blizzard. I'm multi-boxing right now: one toon is watching for a crate drop in Zul, the other toon is checking out the AH. So, again, no worries. All is good for multi boxing.

    (However, using automation software, which is what Blizzard has recently spoken about, is no longer allowed.)
  1. 4dahorde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    No worries. Multi-boxers are being left alone. I multi-box, 2 accounts, every day and have yet to hear anything from Blizzard. I'm multi-boxing right now: one toon is watching for a crate drop in Zul, the other toon is checking out the AH. So, again, no worries. All is good for multi boxing.

    (However, using automation software, which is what Blizzard has recently spoken about, is no longer allowed.)

    I as well. I typically run up to 5 accounts. No software. Not hard to just window mode multiple accounts. This change ONLY makes it take 10 seconds for all accounts to farm herbs as opposed to the normal 2 seconds.

    People just don't understand how things work. This didn't get rid of multiboxers even a small amount. Just changed the way they operate.
  1. kevincuomo's Avatar
    Goooooooooood
  1. Schmittay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Your logic is false. Blizzard has always supported multiboxing. What they do not support is using 3rd party automation to do it for you. Btw you can fully multibox withoutnising such programs with simple macros.
    No macro I know of can let you control multiple instances of the game without using a 3rd party program to broadcast inputs to all clients. With the new rules, you'd need to manually input every action separately into each account.
  1. Skorne's Avatar
    I use Autohotkey for non WoW-related purposes such as rebinding caps lock on my keyboard. Am I gonna get flagged by this system? If so that's a big problem because one day I'm bound to forget to close it before starting WoW.
  1. Spazzix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    ...

    (However, using automation software, which is what Blizzard has recently spoken about, is no longer allowed.)
    Automation software has been banned since day one. This policy changes their stance on input broadcasting software. Input broadcasting =/= automation. Both are now against ToS but they are still separate things both in practice and in the eyes of blizzard (The same way that botting and RMT are both against ToS but are distinct offenses.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post
    I use Autohotkey for non WoW-related purposes such as rebinding caps lock on my keyboard. Am I gonna get flagged by this system? If so that's a big problem because one day I'm bound to forget to close it before starting WoW.
    If you are rebinding 1-to-1 ie you change the functionality of a key but it still only gives ONE input, then you're fine. If you change a key to enact 2+ actions then you are in violation of automation, not input broadcasting.

    Input broadcasting specifically applies to software which takes a single input and then mirrors it (or remaps it and then mirrors it) to MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION SIMULTANEOUSLY.

    You *could* theoretically get flagged/banned if you use software which lets you type all your inputs to notepad while also using them in the game (e.g. I press "1" and it uses my 1 hotkey bind in WoW and ALSO type "1" into notepad at the same time.) They didn't specifically sa*y broadcasting to more than one instance of WoW, they just said running input broadcast software while using WoW, so in some very niche cases people might need to make sure their stuff isn't going to throw false flags. I think this would be pretty rare though and anyone using such software (even if not for use with WoW) would probably be aware of it.

    *Edit: just reread, they actually *did* specify multiple WoW game clients, so people that use broadcasting for some for of productivity or functionality OUTSIDE of WoW should still be in the clear. They might still throw a false flag, but if they appeal it should be a noticeably different case from someone broadcasting to multiple WoW clients
  1. 4dahorde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    No macro I know of can let you control multiple instances of the game without using a 3rd party program to broadcast inputs to all clients. With the new rules, you'd need to manually input every action separately into each account.
    Exactly.

    The issue is, peoples main complaint is the herb picking....this is still EXTREMELY easy, only takes a few extra seconds.

    4 accounts with a couple of abilitites on the bar...flight form and a follow macro. Main person flies to herb and clicks it, while that toon is herbing, click on next window and herb, next window etc....then just click thru windows again to make follow and repeat.

    It is still VERY possible and easy to farm herbs using multiple accounts without software only takes a couple of seconds per account, so about 10 sec to farm one herb, as opposed to 2 seconds....this changed nothing.
  1. aeuhe4yxzhds's Avatar
    Amazing what a scape goat multiboxing have become for all the casual entitles.

    Herb/mining nodes will despawn after 60 seconds, no matter who picked it. That is unrelated to multiboxing. Blizzard allowing more than one person it mine/pick it is the problem
    You feeling entitled to those nodes when you're not, that is a you problem. Everyone have experienced nodes despawning infront of your eyes.
    Yet nobody is whining about that. Amazing, huh? Someone its still mutliboxers problem

    Multiboxer farming mobs and you cant complete your world quests That is still a you problem because it is the same issue if a shard was full of players.
    Just because it takes 5 more seconds to look around for the mobs you need isn't a multiboxers fault. Blizzard has spent a lot of time and effort to make sure mobs are spread apart just right so its a waste of time for both players and bots to farm them. (many are going to dispute this but look where bots are, out in the world or instances? large groups of mobs like you could find in vanilla doesn't exist any more)

    Blizzard brought in personal loot

    Many claim multiboxers cause lag, they do not. 10 players or mutliboxers, its the same. Whats causing your "lag" is blizzard overfilling zones or a raid forming with many players entering, requiring data to be transmitted. Blizzard still have a lot of work to do there. Or people might be uneducated on what the word "lag" actually means. It has nothing to do with fps


    Amazing behavior people have, especially if you let them roam free with each other.
  1. TbouncerT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    10 players or mutliboxers, its the same.
    I don't think that math adds up there. 10 players does not equal 10 multiboxers. 10 players = 10 wow clients going, 10 multiboxers = 20+ clients going. 10 multiboxers is a higher load on their servers than 10 players.
  1. BloodSense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Amazing what a scape goat multiboxing have become for all the casual entitles.

    Herb/mining nodes will despawn after 60 seconds, no matter who picked it. That is unrelated to multiboxing. Blizzard allowing more than one person it mine/pick it is the problem
    You feeling entitled to those nodes when you're not, that is a you problem. Everyone have experienced nodes despawning infront of your eyes.
    Yet nobody is whining about that. Amazing, huh? Someone its still mutliboxers problem

    Multiboxer farming mobs and you cant complete your world quests That is still a you problem because it is the same issue if a shard was full of players.
    Just because it takes 5 more seconds to look around for the mobs you need isn't a multiboxers fault. Blizzard has spent a lot of time and effort to make sure mobs are spread apart just right so its a waste of time for both players and bots to farm them. (many are going to dispute this but look where bots are, out in the world or instances? large groups of mobs like you could find in vanilla doesn't exist any more)

    Blizzard brought in personal loot

    Many claim multiboxers cause lag, they do not. 10 players or mutliboxers, its the same. Whats causing your "lag" is blizzard overfilling zones or a raid forming with many players entering, requiring data to be transmitted. Blizzard still have a lot of work to do there. Or people might be uneducated on what the word "lag" actually means. It has nothing to do with fps


    Amazing behavior people have, especially if you let them roam free with each other.
    Nodes and mobs have always been competitive, the issue stems from multi-boxing with input broadcasting giving an unfair advantage playing the game without a third party application. Regardless of a 60 second despawn, nodes and mobs both have a tap limit. Someone flying in to a node and having to individuality click it with 5 different accounts is fine, as it gives anyone else nearby an opportunity to run over and get a tag in during that period. Same with quest mobs, 5 people tagging a mob individually is fine, a single person tagging it with 5 accounts at once instantly is problematic, even though that still exists if they are partied. So your argument is completely unfounded.
  1. Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Multiboxing itself isn't bannable, it's the programs people use to do it

    Probably causes a lot of lag unless you have a good computer, unlike me lol

Site Navigation