Hotfix - Dungeon Legendary Memory Drop Rates Improved
Blizzard implemented a hotfix recently increasing the drop rate of legendary memories that drop from dungeons. The drop rate is also improved the higher the difficulty of the dungeon.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With a hotfix to the game that went live yesterday, we improved the drop rates of Legendary Memories relative to dungeon difficulty. Their Mythic difficulty drop rate is now significantly better than on Heroic, which is significantly better than on Normal.

More importantly – the drop rates for Legendary Memories are much higher in Mythic Keystone difficulties, and they ramp upward with the Mythic Keystone level. The availability of Legendary Memories should increase dramatically next week.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Hotfix - Dungeon Legendary Memory Drop Rates Improved started by Stoy View original post
Comments 70 Comments
  1. MakeMeLaugh's Avatar
    And here we are again on one of those episodes "Why did you take this long to implement something so obvious?".

    I was tired of running X dungeon everyday, trying to get my legendary.
  1. Ragnarohk's Avatar
    For all of you a-holes that were joining groups just for them and then leaving after boss
  1. Thelyron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    For all of you a-holes that were joining groups just for them and then leaving after boss
    That's still going to happen until they move the legendary drops to the final boss.
  1. Kumorii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    For all of you a-holes that were joining groups just for them and then leaving after boss
    I wish they rather increase the penalty for leaving, because it's not only tied to legendaries... it's also tied to loot in general.
  1. prwraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    For all of you a-holes that were joining groups just for them and then leaving after boss
    I mean why would I stay in a dungeon longer than what I need for me? It's not like those other randos are sticking around for me. They're there for them as well. If our goals align great, if not it was fun for however many bosses this was.
  1. Jastall's Avatar
    Yeah, thanks, do that after I ran my Mythic this week.

    Oh well, there's always the next, don't raid until Thursday.
  1. Leyre's Avatar
    Must be nice not having your BiS tied to the last boss of the new raid/thorgast
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    They should improve drop rate & switch all legendary drops to end boss. Feel kinda shitty to do same heroic over and over again just to drop group after boss 2, but rest is just waste of time when you're geared.
  1. Count Zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean why would I stay in a dungeon longer than what I need for me? It's not like those other randos are sticking around for me. They're there for them as well. If our goals align great, if not it was fun for however many bosses this was.
    I don't leave dungeons early if I don't get what I want. You're assuming, incorrectly, that everyone has the same mindset as you.

    If you're a DPS it's not so bad, but I've had multiple groups completely fall apart when the tank leaves. Meaning the initial wait for the queue was completely wasted.

    Some of us respect other people's time.
  1. prwraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't leave dungeons early if I don't get what I want. You're assuming, incorrectly, that everyone has the same mindset as you.

    If you're a DPS it's not so bad, but I've had multiple groups completely fall apart when the tank leaves. Meaning the initial wait for the queue was completely wasted.

    Some of us respect other people's time.
    I mean I'd say sorry but really this comes down to a(n) our goals aren't aligned and I need to make the best decision for my time. especially around people I don't know / will never associate with outside this brief encounter.
  1. Wramp's Avatar
    ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS PUT THE DROPS ON THE LAST BOSSES OF EVERY RUN!!! but ok, I guess this works? lol, sometimes Blizz reminds me of the bumbling idiot with dumb luck - doesnt have an F-ing clue about what they are doing but somehow summersaults headfirst into a minor win /smhh
  1. Flaim's Avatar
    i'm missing a corresponding EU post. is it live there aswell?
  1. bullseyed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't leave dungeons early if I don't get what I want. You're assuming, incorrectly, that everyone has the same mindset as you.

    If you're a DPS it's not so bad, but I've had multiple groups completely fall apart when the tank leaves. Meaning the initial wait for the queue was completely wasted.

    Some of us respect other people's time.
    If you're too stupid to hit the "find more people" button to instantly add a new tank to your group, that's entirely on you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS PUT THE DROPS ON THE LAST BOSSES OF EVERY RUN!!! but ok, I guess this works? lol, sometimes Blizz reminds me of the bumbling idiot with dumb luck - doesnt have an F-ing clue about what they are doing but somehow summersaults headfirst into a minor win /smhh
    Yeah! Why won't bliz make it take LONGER to farm stuff? Gosh.
  1. Count Zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    If you're too stupid to hit the "find more people" button to instantly add a new tank to your group, that's entirely on you.
    hit the button

    "instantly add a new tank"

    Do you even play this game? When someone leaves it automatically puts you in queue for more people. If tanks joined instantly the groups wouldn't fall apart. Stop talking out of your ass.
  1. Locruid's Avatar
    Does it really matter since the cost of Enchanting Mats only favor those who play the AH consistently?

    Normal casual players have ZERO hope of getting Legendaries anytime soon.
  1. Count Zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean I'd say sorry but really this comes down to a(n) our goals aren't aligned and I need to make the best decision for my time. especially around people I don't know / will never associate with outside this brief encounter.
    Why are you playing an MMO? You sound like you'd be happier playing single-player games.
  1. Frolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Must be nice not having your BiS tied to the last boss of the new raid/thorgast
    As blood/unholy my 2 bis is from the last 2 bosses and we will get when we clear normal day 1, as we dont need legendaries this week.
  1. Lucetia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I was tired of running X dungeon everyday, trying to get my legendary.
    Well I mean there was zero reason to rush to get your legendary memory. So there was no reason to spam trying to get it. Last week you couldn't utilize it and this is the first week you could use it. Next week will be first week of raids opening it so you had time to work on getting it. You weren't going to fall behind or anything as long as you kept up on your Soul Ash.
  1. prwraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Why are you playing an MMO? You sound like you'd be happier playing single-player games.
    For the MMO aspects I care about I group / raid w/ my guild.

    For mindlessly farming a(n) rng drop in a heroic 50 times a day. I'll do that alone and just bang it out lol. That activity is not mutually exclusive to enjoying the aspects of an MMO.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Meh, since I'm pressed for time and they added my lego item to the first boss of a certain dungeon, I am leaving after the kill. I think I'd be less inclined to do so were I a tank, but I need to get as many tries as possible into every day and with the long-ass queues as a DPS it gets SO tedious.

    Chalk it down as yet another bad decision by developers. Among many.

Site Navigation