Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Covenants
  • Necrolord
    • Fixed an issue where falling off the Maw during Forgeborne Reveries (Bonesmith Heirmir Soulbind) would sometimes cause the player to lose more Stygia.

Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet
@lungjaw, 3D artist at Blizzard, tweeted that they "are indeed working on a Warcraft Mobile game." This is confirmed with a post to a 3d environmental artist job opening at Blizzard.


This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021,Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet started by Stoy View original post
Comments 141 Comments
  1. Blackmist's Avatar
    Wow, can't wait to play a crap version of Warcraft on a 4 inch screen that takes too long to load, drains batteries despite being a potato era game, and keeps making you target the wrong stuff with your sausage fingers.
  1. Biggles Worth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Erm...nope. People went apeshit and stark raving mad about the announcement of Diablo Immortal (and not only about the "Don't you have phones" part). And people in this thread allegedly have quit WoW about the announcement of a Warcraft mobile thread. They claim to have done so in this thread.

    Actually hilariously pathetic. Imagine getting up, reading about all the shit that goes on in the world, coming to MMO-C, reading about an mobile WoW game and getting so enraged that you log into your account and cancel the sub.

    It is like never buying another iPhone because Apple announced they would also offer a streaming service or something.
    They mainly went apeshit over Immortal because people were expecting and wanting Diablo 4 and they just basically got like a Diablo 3 but on your phone instead. Wow has been on a constant 2ish year expansion cycle. They know it's coming and what they'll get when it comes, there's no secrets there.
  1. Greyvax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    They mainly went apeshit over Immortal because people were expecting and wanting Diablo 4 and they just basically got like a Diablo 3 but on your phone instead.
    In the trailer at blizzcon, it literally looked like a shit version of d3. More like a chinese pay-to-win knockoff.

    If a company whose games you love present garbage like that at their major event, of course you're going to be upset right?
  1. Pebrocks The Warlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Wow, can't wait to play a crap version of Warcraft on a 4 inch screen that takes too long to load, drains batteries despite being a potato era game, and keeps making you target the wrong stuff with your sausage fingers.
    This is a Warcraft game, not a WoW game.
  1. BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Is it a game for the future or just a garbage gambling game? We will see.
  1. Lurker1's Avatar
    My tablet and pc and conoles is ready good thing about being flexable gamer.
  1. saixilein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Did people get this pissy about Hearthstone? I honestly don't remember. This is the same thing, a mobile game with Warcraft branding, there's nothing to be mad about. A shit ton of franchises do this.
    But 95% of the Users here are just here to complain about blizzard and tell everyone that wow is dead for 10 years now and that they canceled their subscription, for the first time in 15 years... the internet changed and its soooo boring these days. Everyone just complain about something and just wanna circlejerk with other people with the same mindset.

    Ofc not all today is THAT good and there are reasons to complain things, my gosh, all this people here exaggerate drasticly.
  1. Yarathir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You bet. People get pissy about anything that Blizzard does. Probably "something something copying Magic the gathering something something milking whales, something something Blizzard used to be different, Activision is the devil"

    Apply to Overwatch and HotS, just copying different games.
    Well, to be fair.. is that incorrect?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    A mobile game isn't a game. It's a revenue stream, and the exploitative, addictive mechanics these revenue streams are modeled on should make anyone associated with producing them ashamed. It's disappointing.
    People will give you shit for this statement but even they will know you're right and struggle to refute you.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    your point is? just because something is beneficial to you doesn't mean you should do it.
    Just because something isn't benficial to you doesn't mean they should't do it either. It works both way. PC gamers show the worst in payer entitlement.
  1. tru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    My tablet and pc and conoles is ready good thing about being flexable gamer.
    Yea you sound like a quality gamer.

    Meanwhile rest of us over here trying to give this shit show of a game just one more chance and have some fun with a classic version before we just to dam old to keep feeding in on all the bullshit.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Wow, can't wait to play a crap version of Warcraft on a 4 inch screen that takes too long to load, drains batteries despite being a potato era game, and keeps making you target the wrong stuff with your sausage fingers.
    This is a Warcraft themed game, not a WOW moblie game.
  1. Asrialol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    In the trailer at blizzcon, it literally looked like a shit version of d3. More like a chinese pay-to-win knockoff.

    If a company whose games you love present garbage like that at their major event, of course you're going to be upset right?
    It's quite illogical to be upset regarding video game news. So, no, of course not.
  1. Santas's Avatar
    Lol, sad. And there's going to be more, many more. Got to tap that ¥ mine boi! Because I know for fact that the vast majority of western (pc) gamers, the ones that actually made Blizzard -- don't give a flying fuck about mobile games.
  1. Amnaught's Avatar
    I'm picturing Clash of Clans, but like, orc clans on an Alternate-Alternate Draenor lol.
  1. Yarathir's Avatar
    As an aside. If I were an investor, I'd understand the desire for another Blizzard mobile game.

    But I'm not an investor.
  1. Forogil's Avatar
    Interesting timing for sure.
    I guess they waited a week with this announcement due to how Diablo on phone was received.
  1. Blackmist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    This is a Warcraft game, not a WoW game.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is a Warcraft themed game, not a WOW moblie game.
    Did I say WoW?
  1. Daedius's Avatar
    Hoping it'd be an extension of retail WoW, like Pet Battles, and not a stand alone product.
  1. Pebrocks The Warlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Did I say WoW?
    The way you worded it implied you were talking about WoW on the phone, such as "takes too long to load" or "potato era game" or "target the wrong stuff with your sausage fingers".
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Did I say WoW?
    That's what I thought. Why are they replying to you about WoW when you literally said Warcraft? Like, the irony of their corrections...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The way you worded it implied you were talking about WoW on the phone, such as "takes too long to load" or "potato era game" or "target the wrong stuff with your sausage fingers".
    I'm sorry, but WoW is "potato era" ? His criticisms were obviously about gaming on a mobile device in general and not about WoW.

Site Navigation