Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Covenants
  • Necrolord
    • Fixed an issue where falling off the Maw during Forgeborne Reveries (Bonesmith Heirmir Soulbind) would sometimes cause the player to lose more Stygia.

Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet
@lungjaw, 3D artist at Blizzard, tweeted that they "are indeed working on a Warcraft Mobile game." This is confirmed with a post to a 3d environmental artist job opening at Blizzard.


This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021,Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet started by Stoy View original post
Comments 141 Comments
  1. Tarx's Avatar
    No we don't need this . We need improvements in WoW not mobile games .
  1. Nnyco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    No we don't need this . We need improvements in WoW not mobile games .
    Because all the WoW developers now work on the mobile game instead.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    That's what I thought. Why are they replying to you about WoW when you literally said Warcraft? Like, the irony of their corrections...



    I'm sorry, but WoW is "potato era" ? His criticisms were obviously about gaming on a mobile device in general and not about WoW.
    His criticisms were a perfect description of WoW so no it isn't clear.
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Because all the WoW developers now work on the mobile game instead.
    They could use the funding for building that team to instead go to existing properties that are being neglected. So, instead of hiring mobile developers, hire more team members for existing games.
  1. Kixxenn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is a Warcraft themed game, not a WOW moblie game.
    Good maybe we can go back to bikini armors/mini skirts armors and adult themes. I honestly content with some nice long flowy dresses with slits in them. Realize when subscribers and popularity was at an all time high. Keep pretending WoW didn't promote these things and the foundations were not built on it. (FF14 knows.) Which they were.

    What caused the dramatic decrease in subs? Mists of Pandaria.

    I think Shadowlands might be the only other expansion to be poorly received. This is for numerous reasons, but I honestly believe one of the main reasons has to do with demeaning men and promoting defilement of character regardless of gender. One of these ways was by promoting abusive females to work in their environment that was broadcasted on several outlets. You lash out to your main audience. Don't be surprised when they lash back. I don't know when empowerment in people's eyes became about abusing other individuals. It's morally wrong and is unacceptable on either side of the spectrum. (Personally for me I been fighting for non-aggressive/civil females in this franchise that are more relatable and the female playerbase to have the capability to wear whatever they want. Telling women what they should wear or not wear is defilement of character too btw.)

    Anyways back to the topic of Blizzard promoting more mature games: Diablo one of the mature themed games has been sinking, due to it looking like a Diablo 3 patch instead of a whole new game. I feel the worst for D4. No word on Diablo Immortal release date but we are making more mobile games...

    I don't mind them appealing to a broader audience on a mobile platform that doesn't bother me. If this means they can get back to the roots of what made them an actual success.

    I feel like this thread solidifies that Blizzcon was poorly received. This seems like a damage control post.
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    His criticisms were a perfect description of WoW so no it isn't clear.
    What? How are any of those criticisms remotely accurate to WoW? Those being: 4 inch screen, drains batteries, potato era game, taking too long to load, can't target...

    I get it, you hate the game and lack the ability to admit fault. But at least make real attempts on the former, Christ.
  1. Nnyco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    They could use the funding for building that team to instead go to existing properties that are being neglected. So, instead of hiring mobile developers, hire more team members for existing games.
    Too many cooks yada yada. You clearly dont know how development works.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    What? How are any of those criticisms remotely accurate to WoW? Those being: 4 inch screen, drains batteries, potato era game, taking too long to load, can't target...

    I get it, you hate the game and lack the ability to admit fault. But at least make real attempts on the former, Christ.
    Because that is what WoW would be on mobile, hence he was complaining about a WoW mobile game. I doin't have to admit fault because you lack reading comprehension.

    Oh, I like WoW and Warcraft too. So you were wrong there as well.
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because that is what WoW would be on mobile, hence he was complaining about a WoW mobile game. I doin't have to admit fault because you lack reading comprehension.
    The irony to say I lack reading comprehension when the guy literally didn't use "WoW" or "World of Warcraft" or anything of the sort in his post and his criticisms were literally about gaming on a mobile device. The only thing he would be referring to is Warcraft THE RTS, not a MMORPG ffs.

    Do you even try anymore?
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Good maybe we can go back to bikini armors/mini skirts armors and adult themes. I honestly content with some nice long flowy dresses with slits in them. Realize when subscribers and popularity was at an all time high. Keep pretending WoW didn't promote these things and the foundations were not built on it. (FF14 knows.) Which they were.
    WoW never promoted any of those things. And it is hilarious that you think those things were why people subbed.

    What caused the dramatic decrease in subs? Mists of Pandaria.
    People leave for a variety of reasons. This is you cherry picking to validate your point. It doesn't validate anything.

    I think Shadowlands might be the only other expansion to be poorly received. This is for numerous reasons, but I honestly believe one of the main reasons has to do with demeaning men and promoting defilement of character regardless of gender. One of these ways was by promoting abusive females to work in their environment that was broadcasted on several outlets. You lash out to your main audience. Don't be surprised when they lash back. I don't know when empowerment in people's eyes became about abusing other individuals. It's morally wrong and is unacceptable on either side of the spectrum. (Personally for me I been fighting for non-aggressive/civil females in this franchise that are more relatable and the female playerbase to have the capability to wear whatever they want.)
    This is SJW nonsense, not to mention that Shadowlands was not poorly received and in fact set records for sales and engagement.

    Anyways back to the topic of Blizzard promoting more mature games: Diablo one of the mature themed games has been sinking, due to it looking like a Diablo 3 patch instead of a whole new game. I feel the worst for D4. No word on Diablo Immortal release date but we are making more mobile games...
    Also utter nonsense. People are excited for this game and you are trying to use a small minority on MMO making that complaint as "Diablo is sinking".

    I don't mind them appealing to a broader audience on a mobile platform that doesn't bother me. If this means they can get back to the roots of what made them an actual success.

    I feel like this thread solidifies that Blizzcon was poorly received. This seems like a damage control post.
    This is nothing more than a massive projection of your opinion. Basically you didn't like it so you declare that everyone didn't like it. It was not a damage control post.That is you trying to push your agenda.
  1. panda040's Avatar
    Who actually asked for this?
  1. crusadernero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Who actually asked for this?
    The ones making the decision about what to make in Blizzard. They see theres lots of moeny to be made from mobile games, games that require lot less work to make.

    Make a halfassed mobile game within a huge, popular and known universe(warcraft) and slap alot of money transaction to it.

    Kick back and watch the money flow in.

    It doesnt even need to be a very good game.
  1. AcidicSyn's Avatar
    So long as they're not hilariously pay to win I'm cool with a Warcraft mobile game. (and I mean actually pay to win, not simply getting "another roll of the dice" so to speak). Might even play it if it's neat enough. Something in the vein of summoners war: lost centuria would be cool. Except with base building.

    IE: Build the base, the units, etc, send them to attack but you don't control the individual units. I think EA made a command and conquer game like this a year or so ago? Not sure how well it did though.

    An RTS that takes place during WoW would also be cool, depicting the various battles from an rts perspective. Though I'd much rather this be a pc game.
  1. Mamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    your point is? just because something is beneficial to you doesn't mean you should do it.
    And they should not do it because?
  1. oldgeezer's Avatar
    I'm puzzled why so many of you are seemingly anxious about a mobile game. At the very least I'll check it out.
  1. ElDoorO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Too many cooks yada yada. You clearly dont know how development works.
    You sound like someone parroting something ridiculous.
    WoW isn't so small that it can't have more developers.
    That's not the reason. WoW simply isn't a strong investment like mobile games are.
    They are about profit not making something 'great'.

    Aside from very small, usually in-house, apps -- good managers can always do more with more people.

    What you are confusing is the mythical 1-month baby... 9 women can't have 1 baby in one month but, and this is the part you don't understand, 9 women can have 9 babies in 9 months.

    And while worker efficiency isn't 1:1 nor parallel, you can have 11 women when you need 9 babies in 9 months just in case stillborns are had and whatnot.

    So more people absolutely, irrefutably, can be useful -- and by a large margin. As long as they aren't working on the same thing expected a significant speed increase.

    There's plenty in WoW that can be done but they don't want it to be done, too fast. Their specific team isn't very strong at pivoting, so they'd rather fewer people on similar projects -- on a project that doesn't yield a strong return on investment.

    Mobile games, like I said already, yield a very strong return on investment. There's a reason they've taken aim at more simple games.

    You clearly don't know how development works.
  1. alturic's Avatar
    Wonder how long until poor Clayton is reprimanded. Unless I missed something, Brack definitely didn't announce a WoW mobile game. Coupled with the link to the job posting not existing any longer, me thinks someone posted something a wee bit early.
  1. Holybeatdown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amg View Post
    Well a Warcraft mobile game is an extra nail in the coffin to me, canceled my sub a couple weeks back and don’t regret it - haven’t unsubbed since Cata.
    What a boomer response. They’d be stupid to not tap into Mobile market. How will it affect WoW?

    Furthermore if it’s so bad now how did you stay subbed during all of WoD?!
  1. stigz's Avatar
    I feel like Blizzard is going to spread themselves too thing with all their pointless IPs
  1. Amg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holybeatdown View Post
    What a boomer response. They’d be stupid to not tap into Mobile market. How will it affect WoW?

    Furthermore if it’s so bad now how did you stay subbed during all of WoD?!
    I liked the raids and my guild in WoD, the game still felt like WoW compared to what it is now I feel personally. Sure let’s see what this mobile game can be but I don’t have high hopes for it.

Site Navigation