Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Covenants
  • Necrolord
    • Fixed an issue where falling off the Maw during Forgeborne Reveries (Bonesmith Heirmir Soulbind) would sometimes cause the player to lose more Stygia.

Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet
@lungjaw, 3D artist at Blizzard, tweeted that they "are indeed working on a Warcraft Mobile game." This is confirmed with a post to a 3d environmental artist job opening at Blizzard.


This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 22, 2021,Warcraft Mobile Game Tweet started by Stoy View original post
Comments 141 Comments
  1. Holybeatdown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amg View Post
    I liked the raids and my guild in WoD, the game still felt like WoW compared to what it is now I feel personally. Sure let’s see what this mobile game can be but I don’t have high hopes for it.
    In fairness, I don’t have high hopes either. But I don’t think it will change the state of retail WoW.
  1. det's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, to be fair.. is that incorrect?
    Depends on your very own definition of "copying", "milking" and not least what "the devil" is.

    Example: Yes...HS can be called a copy of MtG and HotS a copy of LoL IMHO. So Torchlight cannot exist because of Diablo? No 2D shooter ever allowed because Wolfenstein did it first? No run and jump other than Mario Bros? Guess they shouldn't have been praised for Orcs vs Humans, because Command and Conquer was first and Blizzard ripped that off.... etc.

    Skipping the whales example as I know to little about the systems in HS or HotS. In WoW...if buying tokens and then buying BoEs from the AH to win a mythic world first race is milking whales...guess they milk whales.

    Now I have to google if you can literally milk a whale

    As for "the devil": In a world where people don't vote for banks, weapon manufacturers, companies that want to own ground water rights to exploit people etc to be "the worst company" but stick it to a video game company...something is fucked up with your moral compass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    They mainly went apeshit over Immortal because people were expecting and wanting Diablo 4 and they just basically got like a Diablo 3 but on your phone instead. Wow has been on a constant 2ish year expansion cycle. They know it's coming and what they'll get when it comes, there's no secrets there.
    Like I said earlier...if that is the only reason..why keep people still pissing on any mobile announcement? In this thread several ppl said they quit over a Warcraft on mobile announcement. Nothing to do with Diablo

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Yeah, its almost like most people who play Wow are PC owners.
    It is almost as if things are never allowed to change.

    Is your only phone still attached to a static place with a cord on your wall at home? Do you still prefer to ride a horse to work instead of a car? Do you still exclusively send letters by mail because e-mail sucks?
  1. The-Shan's Avatar
    Good to see its being made in-house, unlike diablo immortal.
  1. Yarathir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Depends on your very own definition of "copying", "milking" and not least what "the devil" is.

    Example: Yes...HS can be called a copy of MtG and HotS a copy of LoL IMHO. So Torchlight cannot exist because of Diablo? No 2D shooter ever allowed because Wolfenstein did it first? No run and jump other than Mario Bros? Guess they shouldn't have been praised for Orcs vs Humans, because Command and Conquer was first and Blizzard ripped that off.... etc.

    Skipping the whales example as I know to little about the systems in HS or HotS. In WoW...if buying tokens and then buying BoEs from the AH to win a mythic world first race is milking whales...guess they milk whales.
    Ah, my point was more that.

    1) Hearthstone could be considered a MtG clone.
    2) A good portion of mobile games are glorified lootbox dispensers and casinos built to milk the money out of 'whales' in the most cynical and unabashed of ways
    3) Things did change, arguably for the worse, when Activision got a tighter grip on Blizzard.

    I acknowledge that it's hyperbole, but that seems to be the underlying message of it, and I can't disagree all that much with it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Who actually asked for this?
    Investors and other various 'suits'.
  1. MrFawlty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Depends on your very own definition of "copying", "milking" and not least what "the devil" is.

    Example: Yes...HS can be called a copy of MtG and HotS a copy of LoL IMHO. So Torchlight cannot exist because of Diablo? No 2D shooter ever allowed because Wolfenstein did it first? No run and jump other than Mario Bros? Guess they shouldn't have been praised for Orcs vs Humans, because Command and Conquer was first and Blizzard ripped that off.... etc.

    Skipping the whales example as I know to little about the systems in HS or HotS. In WoW...if buying tokens and then buying BoEs from the AH to win a mythic world first race is milking whales...guess they milk whales.

    Now I have to google if you can literally milk a whale

    As for "the devil": In a world where people don't vote for banks, weapon manufacturers, companies that want to own ground water rights to exploit people etc to be "the worst company" but stick it to a video game company...something is fucked up with your moral compass.



    Like I said earlier...if that is the only reason..why keep people still pissing on any mobile announcement? In this thread several ppl said they quit over a Warcraft on mobile announcement. Nothing to do with Diablo



    It is almost as if things are never allowed to change.

    Is your only phone still attached to a static place with a cord on your wall at home? Do you still prefer to ride a horse to work instead of a car? Do you still exclusively send letters by mail because e-mail sucks?
    It’s almost like you expected PC owners to be delighted with Blizzard producing games no longer aimed at them rather than display their disappointment.
    You also seem to be implying that you think mobile is a superior gaming platform.
  1. Froggy's Avatar
    Maybe this will be the first mobile game I'll enjoy? I'm doubtful, but I'll try it out.
  1. Kallisto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    It’s almost like you expected PC owners to be delighted with Blizzard producing games no longer aimed at them rather than display their disappointment.
    You also seem to be implying that you think mobile is a superior gaming platform.
    I expect PC owners to be rational adults since they must have jobs to be able to afford a PC. With said PC they can check a companies social media account to know before they even bought Blizzcon tickets that the game they were expecting was not going to expect.

    Then as rational adults realise that there are other platforms for gaming including consoles and mobiles. That as a company only an idiot would not bring games out on both of these and that as a blizzard based conference a blizzard game on said platform is the most logical way to announce it.

    Also as rational adults realise there isn't East vs west war in gaming and that the east should be destroyed or assimilated into the western way of thinking on games.

    Instead when a mere game (which on the scale of 100 most important things in the world would not even reach top 1000) is announced that you don't have any interest in, just shrug and move on with life.
  1. locketto's Avatar
    wow pet mobile game has been confirmed 2 years ago...
  1. GreenJesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amg View Post
    As it eats away at the character of the game we all fell for? You go off on your high horse demeaning my opinion/actions, all I’ll say is I’ve started Warcraft before WoW and from Nov 2004 till now. Of course I’ve had my objections with some things in Cata (why I left) as well as MoP - WoD - Legion but at least it still felt like WoW even though it felt like hanging onto a bad ex - and lately with the game design/philosophy/story I do not feel it’s WoW. I still enjoyed the game being a hardcore raider the month and a bit of SL I did get into or casual collecting the things in game beforehand, though not even that saves the practices Acti-Blizz and stale bread on the table we get now.

    I’m not trying to perch myself on a pedestal I was simply stating I do not like the way the new route Blizzard is going on and I will not support it. Yet all you MMO-C bois go straight to the throat like wild dogs.
    You should have quit when Hearthstone came out then.
  1. Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Wow, can't wait to play a crap version of Warcraft on a 4 inch screen that takes too long to load, drains batteries despite being a potato era game, and keeps making you target the wrong stuff with your sausage fingers.
    Wow.

    Judgement before we even know what type of game it is, what it's content will be.

    All we literally know is it's a Warcraft game on mobile and you're passing judgement without even looking at it.
  1. Florena's Avatar
    Hearthstone certainly takes inspiration from MTG and other card games but it's by no means a 'clone' of MTG. They're the same style of game, sure, but Hearthstone isn't just a copy of MTG's rules with nothing of its own brought to the table.
  1. Gurkan's Avatar
    100% it's a pet battle warcraft game, they've already discussed it a while ago, and said they were interested in the idea.
  1. Amnaught's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Wow.

    Judgement before we even know what type of game it is, what it's content will be.

    All we literally know is it's a Warcraft game on mobile and you're passing judgement without even looking at it.
    Aside from Old School Runescape, I've never seen a mobile game turn out to be anything but RNG pay-to-win garbage.

    Until microtransactions are regulated like other forms of gambling, I think it's safe to assume this will be more trash.
  1. Kithelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Cancelled sub.
    This is hilarious, cancelling your sub because of something that doesn't affect you.
  1. Lurker1's Avatar
    Some mobile MMOrpgs are pretty sick and i don't mean the auto ones either i hate those.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Yea you sound like a quality gamer.

    Meanwhile rest of us over here trying to give this shit show of a game just one more chance and have some fun with a classic version before we just to dam old to keep feeding in on all the bullshit.
    Classic wow might as well not play at all then i can never play a game that never gets new content overtime.
  1. GreenJesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    It’s almost like you expected PC owners to be delighted with Blizzard producing games no longer aimed at them rather than display their disappointment.
    You also seem to be implying that you think mobile is a superior gaming platform.
    I was one of those PC owners at 2018 blizzcon in person pretty dissapointed with Immortal. I don't understand why they can't do what Genshin impact does and let you play on PC. That would make Immortal a huge hit if they allowed cross progression on mobile & PC & consoles even.
  1. MrFawlty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I expect PC owners to be rational adults since they must have jobs to be able to afford a PC. With said PC they can check a companies social media account to know before they even bought Blizzcon tickets that the game they were expecting was not going to expect.

    Then as rational adults realise that there are other platforms for gaming including consoles and mobiles. That as a company only an idiot would not bring games out on both of these and that as a blizzard based conference a blizzard game on said platform is the most logical way to announce it.

    Also as rational adults realise there isn't East vs west war in gaming and that the east should be destroyed or assimilated into the western way of thinking on games.

    Instead when a mere game (which on the scale of 100 most important things in the world would not even reach top 1000) is announced that you don't have any interest in, just shrug and move on with life.
    Rational adults? People who PAY to attend Blizzcon?..These are fans, and they are allowed to show their disappointment.
  1. Redroniksre's Avatar
    Wow, the amount of whining in this thread is...well exactly as much as i expected. People have been dying for them to make something like pet battles on mobile, so it is not like it is something people -do not- want. If you don't like it, just don't play the damn game, why is that so hard for people to do these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I was one of those PC owners at 2018 blizzcon in person pretty dissapointed with Immortal. I don't understand why they can't do what Genshin impact does and let you play on PC. That would make Immortal a huge hit if they allowed cross progression on mobile & PC & consoles even.
    This. I know i was disappointed but like everyone said, it was because they were teasing Diablo and then went back and said "D-dont expect anything!" and it was already too late for that. They misjudged their audience and now Immortal will have that stain even if it is amazing. It not being for PC as well just baffles me, though i wonder if you could just emulate it with Bluestacks or w.e
  1. Amnaught's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Some mobile MMOrpgs are pretty sick and i don't mean the auto ones either i hate those.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Classic wow might as well not play at all then i can never play a game that never gets new content overtime.
    The current Classic servers are getting Burning Crusade this year....
  1. Kallisto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Rational adults? People who PAY to attend Blizzcon?..These are fans, and they are allowed to show their disappointment.
    If I say "Before you buy X isn't going to happen." and you go to a place expecting X. Yes that is on the buyer.

Site Navigation