Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 24, 2021
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Creatures and NPCs
  • Fixed an issue where Tomb Burster in Revendreth was not resetting each day to give players another opportunity at her loot.

Dungeons and Raids
  • Castle Nathria
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the door to Sire Denathrius' chamber to remain closed if Prince Renathal and General Draven began fighting loyalists prior to the door opening.
  • Timewalking: Black Temple
    • Illidan
      • Fixed an issue where Parasitic Shadowfiends would sometimes not reset after the encounter ends.

Items and Rewards
  • Renown weapon illusions can now be used in transmogrification after their appearance has been learned.

Blue Post - Blizzard On WoW Classic Era Realms and Paid Character Boosts
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
I think it might be helpful to note that what we’re now calling WoW Classic Era realms start at Level 1, and we feel the same as we did two years ago: no Boost would ever be needed (or appropriate) there. When we originally laid out our principles for WoW Classic, the 1-60 experience was the only thing to which we could refer.

Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, and we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.

Patch 9.0.5 PTR Patch Notes - Updates February 24th, 2021
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
Adventures
  • Kyrian Covenant Companions
    • Kyrian Phalanx health increased by 16%.
      • Developers’ note: Phalanxes still feel underpowered relative to Halberdiers, so giving them some additional durability to allow them to fill the tank role before players have maxed out their roster.
  • Necrolord Covenant Companions
    • Fixed an issue where Bonesmith Heirmir Serrated Shoulder Blades weren’t inflicting damage back to the enemy.
    • Maldraxxus Plaguesinger’s Plague Song has been redesigned – Plague Song now deals damage to ranged enemies every round.
    • Rencissa the Dynamo spell effectiveness increased by 40%.
    • Assembler Xertora spell effectiveness increased by 10%.
    • Rattlebag spell effectiveness increased by 20%.
      • Developers’ note: We fixed a few issues where some Necrolord Covenant Companions weren’t dealing damage reliably. Additionally, a few companions have received an improvement that fits with their purpose.
  • Night Fae Covenant Companions
    • Qadarin spell effectiveness increased by 24%.
    • Blisswing’s damage reduction now correctly applies to enemies.
    • Yira’liya health increased by 16% and spell effectiveness increased by 50%.
    • Duskleaf health increased by 20% and spell effectiveness increased by 25%.
    • Lloth’wellyn health increased by 33% and ability damage increased by 25%.
      • Developers’ note: A few Night Fae Covenant Companions were not as well established in their different roles as we hoped, to address this we’ve improved many abilities and decreased some Companions’ overall fragility.
  • Venthyr Covenant Companions
    • Venthyr Nightblade attack increased by 25%.
      • Developers’ note: We’re generally happy with how the changes to Venthyr in the 9.0.2 hotfix landed, but wanted to offer some additional help for players using Nightblades to fill out their compositions.

Classes
  • Hunter
    • Beast Mastery
      • Spitting Cobra (Talent) damage is increased by 260%.
  • Warlock
    • Curse of Tongues now lasts 1 minute (was 30 seconds) and lasts 20 seconds against enemy players (was 12 seconds).
    • Demonology
      • Call Dreadstalkers attack power increased by 10%, and Dreadbite and Dreadlash damage increased by 10%.

Covenants
  • Necrolord
    • Fleshcraft has been redesigned – Form a shield of flesh and bone over 3 seconds (was 4 seconds) that absorbs damage equal to 40% of your maximum health for 2 minutes. While channeling, your damage taken is reduced by 20%. Passive effect – Moving near an enemy’s corpse consumes their essence to reduce Fleshcraft’s cooldown by 1 second.
  • Classes
    • Paladin
      • Conduits
        • The extra spells from Ringing Clarity (Kyrian) now have a longer delay between hits. Additionally, area-of-effect Judgment hits from Divine Toll are no longer reduced by 25% in PvP, and Judgment triggered from Ringing Clarity is reduced by 25% in PvP.
        • Retribution
          • Virtuous Command no longer plays an attack animation when it triggers.

Items and Rewards
  • Legendary Items
    • Druid
      • Cat-Eye Curio now restores 30% Energy (was 25%).
    • Hunter
      • Dire Command now has a 30% chance to trigger (was 20%).
      • Rylakstalker’s Piercing Fangs critical damage increased to 35% (was 20%).
    • Paladin
      • Holy
        • Shadowbreaker, Dawn of the Sun buff duration increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
        • Maraad’s Dying Breath’s healing bonus to Light of the Martyr no longer increases self-damage taken. Additionally, Maraad’s Dying Breath now causes all Light of the Martyr self-damage to be dealt over 5 seconds.
      • Protection
        • The Ardent Protector’s Sanctum has been redesigned – When Ardent Defender saves you from death, it restores 40% additional health. When Ardent Defender expires without saving you from death, its remaining cooldown is reduced by 40% (was 60 seconds).
      • Retribution
        • Final Verdict damage has been increased by 15%.
    • Shaman
      • Elemental
        • Echoes of Great Sundering now causes Earthquake to deal 120% additional damage (was 175%).


Player Vs Player
  • Battlegrounds
    • Ashran
      • Maximum player count per faction is now 35 (was 30).
      • Starting reinforcements are now 175 (was 150).
      • To allow both factions to have easier access to Star Root Tubers and Song Flowers, both these tasty treats will now spawn alongside each other in the Dark Woods and Root Den.
      • Artifact Fragment cost to summon Kronus and Fangrall reduced to 1500 (was 3000).
      • Horde and Alliance tower mages are now worth 30 Reinforcements when slain (was 50).
      • Horde and Alliance tower mages have had their spells adjusted:
        • Rylai Crestfall – Alliance Tower Mage
          • Northrend Winds now deals 15% of the target’s maximum health in Frost damage.
          • Frostbolt now deals 8% of the target’s maximum health in Frost damage.
          • Frostbolt Volley now deals 15% of the target’s maximum health in Frost damage.
          • No longer casts Mass Polymorph.
        • Jeron Emberfall – Horde Tower Mage
          • Fireball now deals 8% of the target’s maximum health in Fire damage.
          • Combustion Nova now deals 15% of the target’s maximum health in Fire damage.
          • Ignite now deals 1% of the target’s maximum health in Fire damage.
          • Living Bomb initial spell now deals 5% of the target’s maximum health in Fire damage.
          • Living Bomb explosion now deals 15% of the target’s maximum health in Fire damage.
          • Living Bomb no longer causes a knockback when exploding.
          • Magma Blast cast by Jeron’s summoned Lava Fury now deals 5% of the target’s maximum health in Fire damage.
      • Isle of Conquest
        • Glaive Thrower health has been increased by 40%.
        • Alliance and Horde Commander health increased by 50%.
        • Demolisher health increased by 25%.
        • Catapult health increased by 100%.
        • The amount of siege damage required to break down keep walls has been increased by 20%.
      • Wintergrasp
        • Broken Temple and Sunken Ring Workshops are now controlled by the attacking team when the battle starts.
        • Wintergrasp Wall, Wintergrasp Fortress Wall, and Wintergrasp Fortress Gate health has been reduced by 20%.
        • Destroying Towers reduces match time by 8 minutes (was 5 minutes).
        • Siege Engine’s Steam Rush ability deals 20-35% of a player’s health (was 30-45%).
        • Demolisher’s Hurl Boulder ability deals 20-25% of a player’s health (was 36%).
        • Demolishers will now more consistently deal siege damage when striking fortress walls and towers.
        • After 5 minutes, all players in the battleground who do not have a rank (including players who join late) will now be granted the rank of Corporal.
  • Classes
    • Death Knight
      • Removed the stun when summoning the temporary ghoul version of Raise Dead (Rank 1) in PvP.
    • Mage
      • Ice Form (PvP Talent) is no longer on the global cooldown to match Icy Veins, the ability it replaces.
    • Paladin
      • Holy
        • Ultimate Sacrifice (PvP Talent) now causes Blessing of Sacrifice to last 6 seconds in addition to its existing effects.
      • Protection
      • Steed of Glory (PvP Talent) will now grant immunity to roots and snares only (was all crowd controlling effects).

Torghast
  • Anima Powers
    • Night Fae
      • New Anima Power: Frigid Wildseed (Epic) – Activating Soulshape stuns enemies within 12 yards of the departure and destination location for 6 seconds. Can be obtained 1 time.
    • Warrior
      • Smoldering Inertia damage bonus decreased to 100% (was 200%) and the duration increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).

Covenants
  • Venthyr
    • The Ember Court
      • Permanent RSVPs
        • Guests who you have reached Best Friend status with now give you a permanent RSVP.
        • The Permanent RSVP will allow all characters on your account to invite that guest to future Ember Courts without completing their RSVP quest again.
      • Temel in Sinfall now sells a Bind on Account book at Exalted with the Ember Court. The book will teach your Dredger Butler how to handle the Cleanup and Restocking quests that follow the Ember Courts.
      • One-time reputation items from Temel and Lady Ilinca will no longer appear once learned.
      • Droman Aliothe’s RSVP no longer requires players to venture to Bastion and Maldraxxus for items.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - February 24, 2021, WoW Classic Boosts, Updated PTR Notes started by Stoy View original post
Comments 77 Comments
  1. SerratedEdge252's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, and we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.

    WHAT A LYING COMPANY!

    I started playing on LK. My experience on LK classic would be 1-80, not 68-80.
    There were no boost back there.
    They are doing the boost for money. At least they could explain that "making classic servers and let them running, while not charging two subs it's needed"
    But no... they prefere to lie. What a bull****

    F this company. Hating it every day even more.
    Just my opinion but if you are this triggered and upset by the changes being made, I think you need to take a long break from the game.
  1. Akka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well first of all it isn't free. It's a one off paid service that lets you skip an absolutely massive grind once through outdated irrelevant content.

    This is no way hurts you, it in no way hurts the game, it's beneficial for the health of the game, it's a total positive for you that it exists. Why complain about it?
    You didn't answer the question, guess you know you're wrong and try to deflect.
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    That's not even the same comparison lol. It would be the same as getting a lvl 40 character. Try again.
    How so ? People at the start of BC will be 60, just like the people are right now.
  1. Gennz's Avatar
    Since #nochanges era is gone, maybe add faction change too?
  1. Devilyaki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    So I'll be able to make my ally shaman start at level 58 if I wanted too?
    Don’t think the boost works for those
  1. Hisokax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    I strictly don't play Classic cause i'm not slogging through 1-60 (again cause i played vanilla in 2005 EU launch), but i will play TBC cause the boost to 58 is perfect for me.

    I just don't get why there are players who are so up in arms about this being an option for people. More options is better than no options! What don't ya'll understand?

    This is the "no changes" try hard crowd that treat classic like this precious piece of diamond when in fact its been tainted from the beginning by an experience completely different from the 2005 vanilla. Classic was never going to be a time machine, its just a simulation with a different community and game knowledge. The amount of boosts, premades, gold mafias should be telling enough that this whine on boosts is just pathetic gatekeeping on an already broken game
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, and we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.

    WHAT A LYING COMPANY!

    I started playing on LK. My experience on LK classic would be 1-80, not 68-80.
    There were no boost back there.
    They are doing the boost for money. At least they could explain that "making classic servers and let them running, while not charging two subs it's needed"
    But no... they prefere to lie. What a bull****

    F this company. Hating it every day even more.
    wile im sure the money is nice,the point of tbc classic is the tbc content,not the vanila one,and i dont get your point about your Lk experience...you know you can still lvl 1-70 if you want?they arent forcing you to buy it lol,and if you make a new race you cant even boost it

    if the money was the main reason here dont you think they would let draenei and blood elf boost?and not have it limited to 1 per account?
  1. Logwyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Don’t think the boost works for those
    Boo. Do race changes? Might just do a horde one then faction change. LOL
  1. RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You didn't answer the question, guess you know you're wrong and try to deflect.
    Because your question was nonsensical. You can't even explain how this boost which is a good thing for everyone involved is in any way a bad thing other than talking about entitlement and defending a non-existent sense of prestige and purity in WoW Classic. It's a video game, it isn't that serious, it isn't hurting you in any way and it shouldn't bother you that someone can ONE TIME skip 58 obsolete levels.
  1. crewskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    How so ? People at the start of BC will be 60, just like the people are right now.
    The equivalent boost in classic would be lvl 40 with a mount, not 60. The TBC boost doesn't go all the way to 70 fyi, only 58.
  1. Akka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Because your question was nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    The equivalent boost in classic would be lvl 40 with a mount, not 60. The TBC boost doesn't go all the way to 70 fyi, only 58.
    You both seems to make a lot of efforts to pretend to not get the point, so I'll hold your hand through the difficult mental task of understanding grade school level reasoning.

    The boost is justified by saying that people would like to play with their friends, who are starting TBC with their level 60, right now without having to level up.
    I'm saying that if it's justified to ask for a lvl 58 "to be able to play with friends which are at level 60 without having to spend a lot of time in leveling up" when TBC starts, why isn't it then justified to ask for a lvl 58 "to be able to play with friends which are at level 60 without having to spend a lot of time in leveling up" right now ?

    I know, that's hard stuff, don't get a headache trying to figure it out.
  1. crewskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You both seems to make a lot of efforts to pretend to not get the point, so I'll hold your hand through the difficult mental task of understanding grade school level reasoning.

    The boost is justified by saying that people would like to play with their friends, who are starting TBC with their level 60, right now without having to level up.
    I'm saying that if it's justified to ask for a lvl 58 "to be able to play with friends which are at level 60 without having to spend a lot of time in leveling up" when TBC starts, why isn't it then justified to ask for a lvl 58 "to be able to play with friends which are at level 60 without having to spend a lot of time in leveling up" right now ?

    I know, that's hard stuff, don't get a headache trying to figure it out.
    No, it's because you suck at explaining. Look at your run-on sentence lol. You do realize the boost isn't out yet right? You're also comparing apples and oranges. A level 58 boost in classic isn't the same as a 58 in TBC for obvious reasons. Again, as I mentioned earlier, a boost in classic would be lvl 40 and not 58. You would be right if you dropped the level to something lower or the boost was 68 and not 58. I'm not sure if I have enough time or crayons to explain it further to you.
  1. Akka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    No, it's because you suck at explaining.
    If you're unable to understand a short sentence, and still unable to get the point when it's longer and detailed, and you're unable to see the parallel and just answer "nuh it's not the same for obvious reasons durh", I'm pretty sure the problem is not my explaining but your (lack of) understanding.
  1. Sinyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    If only people who played during Burning Crusade knew about and appreciated the fact that you need to level from 1 to 70...play retail if you want to boost a character or "i hav a jerb bla bla" or "only so much time bla bla" excuses. That's what retail is for. Classic is for leveling from 1-70.
    So because I now work 40 hours a week as well as go to school I can't play my favorite expansion without drudging through dead Vanilla zones all because you no-lifed Classic on a glorified private realm? That makes a lot of sense!

    I did all TBC had to offer: Top end raiding guild that consistently got server firsts. Multi glad. Alts. Etc. But all of a sudden because I chose not to level through a game (vanilla) that I do not like, I have to suffer? That is some 500 IQ logic you got going on.
  1. Struggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    So because I now work 40 hours a week as well as go to school I can't play my favorite expansion without drudging through dead Vanilla zones all because you no-lifed Classic on a glorified private realm? That makes a lot of sense!

    I did all TBC had to offer: Top end raiding guild that consistently got server firsts. Multi glad. Alts. Etc. But all of a sudden because I chose not to level through a game (vanilla) that I do not like, I have to suffer? That is some 500 IQ logic you got going on.
    I didn't play a single character on classic beyond level 10 until they announced TBC. I have a job as well, and accomplished everything you did and possibly more. All of which have nothing to do with the point at hand, but grats on the flex I guess.

    It isn't suffering, it's the game. If you consider having to level your character in an RPG game suffering, especially considering the rep and attunement grind ahead of you, I don't understand how it's your favorite expansion.
  1. crewskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If you're unable to understand a short sentence, and still unable to get the point when it's longer and detailed, and you're unable to see the parallel and just answer "nuh it's not the same for obvious reasons durh", I'm pretty sure the problem is not my explaining but your (lack of) understanding.
    Way to rebuttal nothing I said. Thanks for proving me right. It's funny how upset you're over something so little. This means more people will play the game and you're upset by that. LOL
  1. Ielenia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If it's okay to ask for a free 58 to play with your friend at the beginning of BC, how is it different from asking for a free 58 to play with your friend who are 60 right now ?
    Because a boost to 58 does not skip any of the relevant leveling content for TBC. You still have to go through Hellfire Peninsula, head over to Zangarmarsh, then decide if you want to go north to Blade's Edge Mountains first and then east to Netherstorm, or south to Terokkar Forest or southwest to Nagrand first, then to Shadowmoon Valley.

    You still need to level through the content. You don't skip to the endgame. Your idea of a "boost to 58 for Classic", on the other hand, would skip the whole relevant leveling content and basically go straight to endgame.

    That is the difference.
  1. Azadina's Avatar
    So, they decided to do nothing about the gold problem in classic, that is moving straight to BC? How everyone and their grandmother who played classic will have epic flying right off the bat, unlike back in the days. Good luck with gathering professions to anyone who isn't a gold baron in classic right now, you'll never get to pick anything in the outlands with so many epic flyers around after day 1.
  1. Akka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Way to rebuttal nothing I said. Thanks for proving me right. It's funny how upset you're over something so little. This means more people will play the game and you're upset by that. LOL
    Well you make no case so there isn't anything to counter. That you don't even realize this and have to try some sort of schoolyard "nyah nyah !" childish attempt at provocation only makes it more cringy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because a boost to 58 does not skip any of the relevant leveling content for TBC. You still have to go through Hellfire Peninsula, head over to Zangarmarsh, then decide if you want to go north to Blade's Edge Mountains first and then east to Netherstorm, or south to Terokkar Forest or southwest to Nagrand first, then to Shadowmoon Valley.

    You still need to level through the content. You don't skip to the endgame. Your idea of a "boost to 58 for Classic", on the other hand, would skip the whole relevant leveling content and basically go straight to endgame.

    That is the difference.
    This entire reasoning implies that the leveling content is not part of TBC, which is a point I'm not going to subscribe to. Any new character created during TBC had to level through it, so claiming it's not part of TBC is obviously wrong.
  1. RamGuy's Avatar
    I'm baffled about the decision to not provide new fresh TBC Classic servers. This seems so obvious to me and by not providing any paid boosts on the fresh servers you are pretty much fixing the disconnect between players that want to skip Vanilla in its entirety and those who want this to be the entire 1-70 experience with a lot of new players around in the levelling zones.

    I'm one of those who would prefer no boost. But at the same time, I do understand that people might not have the time, motivation or interest in dedicating the time needed to level through 1-60 before or after TBC so they much prefer to have the option to simply skip directly to TBC content via the paid boost service. The fact that it's limited to one per account (as long as this stays this way, I'm not entirely convinced that Activision-Blizzard can be trusted on this one) makes it more acceptable as well.

    My biggest problem with the paid boost is the fact that it's a paid service. If their argument is to allow people to start directly with TBC content why isn't the one-time boost free for all players? Hiding it behind a paywall is making it "pay to win". Those who want to be apart of the first wave into TBC and did not play in Vanilla Classic have to pay up for the boost. And having this service available makes it less likely that you'll have friends and other guildies actually levelling from 1-60 in the pre-patch as many will opt for the easiest option.

    Secondly, I don't like it because as one who loves to have lots of players around in the levelling zones this will pretty much guarantee that there will be far less players doing the levelling from 1-60 in the pre-patch. This will most certainly reduce my overall experience with pre-patch compared to not having the boost available. But I still think, especailly do to how you can't boost Draenei or Blood Elves that we will still see quite a few peoples starting on their 1-60 journey with the pre-patch regardless. But it would certainly be way more players around if the boost did not exist.


    But all of this would be mostly irrelevant if they simply provided at least one new and fresh PvP, PvE, RP-PvE and RP-PvP server for TBC Classic without any option for a boost. Those of us who want to have level 1-60 experience would obviously trend towards these new and fresh servers. Those who don't like the inflated economy in Vanilla Classic would trend towards these servers and those who don't like the idea of boost would trend towards these servers. By doing it like this you provide an option and choice for both sides of the argument, instead of not providing the option.

    It seems like such a simple option and solution so it's beyond me why they don't look at any fresh servers as a option they want to offer.
  1. Ielenia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    This entire reasoning implies that the leveling content is not part of TBC, which is a point I'm not going to subscribe to. Any new character created during TBC had to level through it, so claiming it's not part of TBC is obviously wrong.
    Actually, you're the one that is "obviously wrong" here, though. The reasoning is that the vanilla leveling content is not part of TBC. Which is a fact. What you're saying is like stating the vanilla leveling content is part of the Shadowlands experience. Which it is not.

    It doesn't matter that everyone had to go through the vanilla leveling content while making a new character back during TBC. It's still outdated content that does not belong to the new expansion. That's like saying New Mexico is part of Arizona because you have to cross New Mexico to go from Texas to Arizona.

Site Navigation