Upcoming PTR for Chains of Domination
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With 9.0.5 behind us, we wanted to take a moment to update you on the 9.1 content for Shadowlands.

In about 2 weeks, we will have Chains of Domination available for the community on the PTR. Also, raid testing details will be posted a week or so after the PTR is online.

There will be a wide variety of content to check out for Chains of Domination, so as usual, your testing will play a key role in iterating on this update. We can’t wait to get this in front of you and look forward to your feedback soon.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Upcoming PTR for Chains of Domination started by Lumy View original post
Comments 126 Comments
  1. RobertMugabe's Avatar
    Release might be sooner after all.
  1. Daenter's Avatar
    Finally some good news!
  1. Gehco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Upcoming PTR for Chains of Domination
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With 9.0.5 behind us, we wanted to take a moment to update you on the 9.1 content for Shadowlands.

    In about 2 weeks, we will have Chains of Domination available for the community on the PTR. Also, raid testing details will be posted a week or so after the PTR is online.

    There will be a wide variety of content to check out for Chains of Domination, so as usual, your testing will play a key role in iterating on this update. We can’t wait to get this in front of you and look forward to your feedback soon.
    I see light within the darkness!
  1. SinR's Avatar
    so...

    May-ish
  1. Swizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so...

    May-ish
    Mid April PTR launch means a mid-June patch release.
  1. druvirus's Avatar
    Everyone, freaking out with literally no reason for it: 9.1 won't be out until October, AT LEAST! I know this because, .. reasons?! YEAH, REASONS! RABBLE RABBLE!
    Blizz, a day later:
  1. Wangming's Avatar
    About goddamn time. Finally some communication. Was this really so hard?
  1. Tiradon's Avatar
    Mid June gotcha
  1. Mendzia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so...

    May-ish
    Sounds like a late june/early july to me tbh.
  1. TheFirstOnes's Avatar
    Ah, fucking thank you...

    - - - Updated - - -

    So, June/July release then? Ah, I do love proving to these guys that Towelliee ain't the word of god.
  1. Fiacla's Avatar
    B-b-but Bellular said!!!!!

  1. Kauko's Avatar
    HAHAH
    And THIS is why you NEVER EVER listen to streamers and youtubers who live from bad news...
  1. Sorrowseer's Avatar
    Whenever Taliesen talks about patches blizzard shortly after release patch news, always funny.

    Oh some one mentioned bellular, don't, dude is scum.
  1. thunderdragon2's Avatar
    nice mid june patch, watch hc being scaled around every1 having 220 min because of valor......
  1. Thetruth1400's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Release might be sooner after all.
    Sooner than what; a year after the expansion launch?

    All this is telling us is that that it'll be mid-April before it's even on the PTR. Seeing as PTR cycles are roughly 2 months, that puts this at a roughly June launch. Even assuming a June 1st launch, that means we'll have been on this patch for 216 days (over 7 months) since the expansion launch or 175 (Almost 6 months) since the raid first dropped.


    If there are only going to be 2 patches a year, there needs to be enough content to last that entire time that actually keeps people entertained enough; not slog grinds, not "Just do the same content but slightly harder", actual deep, evolving content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    About goddamn time. Finally some communication. Was this really so hard?
    For Blizzard? Yes.
  1. bloodykiller86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    About goddamn time. Finally some communication. Was this really so hard?
    thing is this community is toxic af. they are damned if they do damned if they dont. i dont blame them
  1. Infernoxas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    HAHAH
    And THIS is why you NEVER EVER listen to streamers and youtubers who live from bad news...
    Even so, the actual release date is not confirmed.
  1. Wangming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    thing is this community is toxic af. they are damned if they do damned if they dont. i dont blame them
    Well the community is what they breed. Overall I think the FFXIV community was pretty understanding when Yoshie-P told us that patch 5.3 will be delayed (2-2.5 months).

    Anyroad ETA is second half of June. If they get back on schedule that would land us a december release for 9.2. From there the two year mark of the expansion would land us in November, 11 months from 9.2. Sounds about okayish. Plus, end of expansion raids are usually monstrously epic. A pretty good thing considering both FFXIV and GW2 will have a fall release. Likely no 9.3 but oh well.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Release might be sooner after all.
    It will be late June, they always aim at June when they release patch around this time. I think they would rather rush it 1-2 weeks and repair something in hotfix than do July release.
  1. Low Hanging Fruit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    B-b-but Bellular said!!!!!

    Actually it was Towellee

Site Navigation