TBC Classic Deluxe Edition Rewards, Kingsmourne is Shalamayne Reforged, DLC #770

Beta Development Update - Leatherworking Drums
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Over the first few weeks of testing in the Burning Crusade Beta, we’ve found it useful to elaborate on and bolster the “some changes” philosophy that we expressed at BlizzConline (and in posts like this one). As we’ve said, we’re open to making further alterations to Burning Crusade Classic, and we’re guided by the goal of authenticity in how the game plays, especially given how players in 2021 approach a game that was designed in 2007.

We’ve decided make the following updates to Burning Crusade Classic:

  • “Lesser” versions of Leatherworking drums will be available from the beginning of the expansion, and will approximate how drums operated in the first few patches of original Burning Crusade.
  • “Greater” versions of the drums will become available with the phase that includes the Zul’Aman raid.
  • Throughout Burning Crusade Classic, using Leatherworking drums will invoke the Tinnitus debuff, preventing reuse for two minutes.

This decision follows a great deal of consideration of the options available. Ultimately, the “some changes” philosophy is a method for identifying problems where specific design choices made in 2007 don’t completely match the design intent of 2007. Having identified a clear issue of that type with drums, we naturally look for changes that were made at the time to address the problem. Tinnitus is exactly such a fix. It was added to the game in the very next major update after the Sunwell patch.

Tinnitus simply limits the number of Leatherworkers that a guild will consider beneficial to one Leatherworker per party. It fits with the design of The Burning Crusade, which encouraged guilds to carefully plan their raid composition to ensure access to various buffs and to make the best use of various drops, such as Primal Nethers. This change should preserve Leatherworking’s unique niche without devaluing it too much compared to other professions, which was the goal of the overall profession design of The Burning Crusade.

Our next step is to test it, so we’re updating the Beta today to include Tinnitus, and it will be in place when we resume testing in Karazhan. As before, we’ll be carefully following what testers do with it, and feedback from testers. We encourage you to use the in-game bug report function in the Beta.

Thank you very much for all of your testing and feedback!

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick Takes 50% Pay Cut
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick has agreed to a 50% pay cut as well an an annual bonus percentage cut, according to an article on Gameindustry.biz. For the full details, visit the article!


This article was originally published in forum thread: Burning Crusade Classic - Drums Update, Bobby Kotick Takes Pay Cut started by Stoy View original post
Comments 83 Comments
  1. Gadzooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its a real shame they caved to the rabbid masses that complain about this,the problem isnt bobby and his bonuses,the problem is the sytstem itself of out of control corupt capitalism that alows for one person to be given such huge payoff for doing literaly nothing vs the people that actualy keep the company alive
    This is an incredibly naive comment, I'm not saying that to just insult, you clearly do not understand how anything works in the corporate world, and are making statements based on what has to be a sheer misunderstanding of the words you're using.

    "The system' doesn't exist. ATVI is a publicly owned corporation, and the pay of the officers of the corporation are set by the board, and not by some mythical 'system", there are no external forces or laws or regulations that direct and impose corporate pay and bonuses. And yet you blame 'capitalism" for them setting their own pay levels, when capitalism is simply a description of an economic system - blaming Kotick's greed and exorbitant payoff on capitalism is laughable, because isn't caused by capitalism, it's an abuse of capitalism . I don't think you understand what "capitalism" is, and you should learn, because educating yourself is always a good thing to spend your time on. Especially as the alternative to capitalism would be a monetary system like socialism or communism, where companies like Blizzard most likely wouldn't exist in the first place.

    I don't disagree that ATVI workers should be paid more, especially those working in Los Angeles and Orange County, but again, that's an abuse of capitalism by the board at ATVI, not "The System".
  1. chorx's Avatar
    Isn’t Bobby Kotick worth millions in non non liquidable ATVI equity? GET HIIIIIIIIIIIM! TAX THAT MAAAN. :socialist grunting:
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This is an incredibly naive comment, I'm not saying that to just insult, you clearly do not understand how anything works in the corporate world, and are making statements based on what has to be a sheer misunderstanding of the words you're using.

    "The system' doesn't exist. ATVI is a publicly owned corporation, and the pay of the officers of the corporation are set by the board, and not by some mythical 'system", there are no external forces or laws or regulations that direct and impose corporate pay and bonuses. And yet you blame 'capitalism" for them setting their own pay levels, when capitalism is simply a description of an economic system - blaming Kotick's greed and exorbitant payoff on capitalism is laughable, because isn't caused by capitalism, it's an abuse of capitalism . I don't think you understand what "capitalism" is, and you should learn, because educating yourself is always a good thing to spend your time on. Especially as the alternative to capitalism would be a monetary system like socialism or communism, where companies like Blizzard most likely wouldn't exist in the first place.

    I don't disagree that ATVI workers should be paid more, especially those working in Los Angeles and Orange County, but again, that's an abuse of capitalism by the board at ATVI, not "The System".
    all that crap just to agree with me basicaly,yes thats what i said,its an abuse of capitalism,in some place like usa corporations are alowed to set their prices and rates,medicine that in my country is 10 bucks in usa its in the thausands
  1. Vilendor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Oh of course, killing babies and telling people to relax on a video game based forum, that's pretty much the same thing.
    Whelp, yes. Definitely not better than sucking the dick of a man who fires and possibly ruins the lives of thousands employees after taking one of the biggest pay check in CEO history. But please, feel free to go on, this fits you well.
  1. Smeeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Whelp, yes. Definitely not better than sucking the dick of a man who fires and possibly ruins the lives of thousands employees after taking one of the biggest pay check in CEO history. But please, feel free to go on, this fits you well.
    So he's the CEO of a huge company, they fire people, it sucks but its part of the deal. He never received a "pay check" he got stocks worth a lot, a deal he made with the board some 4 years or whatever ago, when the companies stock was worth much less. It's beyond stupid how much he got but its not like he went "i fired people now give me a sack full of cash". I don't like the man, i would much prefer someone else in charge, but the amount of hate whenever he does anything is stupid and its getting tiresome. He literally gets less money now than before and people are mad about it. It's pretty much a PR thing, but its something.
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Whelp, yes. Definitely not better than sucking the dick of a man who fires and possibly ruins the lives of thousands employees after taking one of the biggest pay check in CEO history. But please, feel free to go on, this fits you well.
    the people let go also got big paychecks and medical coverege for like 6 months or something,these guys wont have trouble landing on their feet in another company,and 100% with better pay,blzzard has a good rep in the industry but they underpay,so if anything the people fired are in a win situation
  1. qwerty123456's Avatar
    Sounds like something someone would do when they know they are getting a divorce or are looking to sell off some of their stock and want to raise the stock price a bit.
  1. ONCHEhap's Avatar
    There's something great about seeing people defend someone who still gets paid hundreds of millions AFTER a 50% pay cut,excluding bonuses and influence.

    If anything it shows how many people are thoroughly brainwashed by the idea of the "american dream"
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    There's something great about seeing people defend someone who still gets paid hundreds of millions AFTER a 50% pay cut,excluding bonuses and influence. If anything it shows how many people are thoroughly brainwashed by the idea of the "american dream"
    He doesn't get paid hundreds of millions after his pay cut. His base salary is 875,000 a year. His maximum annual bonus can not exceed 200% of his base salary. So 1,750,000. His salary is in the bottom 25% of the average CEO salary in similar companies but his yearly compensation is around the average for compensation.
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    give me 200 mil.. and i'll accept w/e future paycuts to make ppl happy n save face.

    whats half of 200 mil btw?
    read the article, he also gave up the 200 mil bonus.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I'll give him credit when his pay is on par with his subordinates. This is obviously a PR stunt. Satoru Iwata used to do this frequently, without external pressure, when Nintendo failed to meet expectations. He's only agreeing to this after killing how many jobs for failing to meet Blizzard expectations?
    sorry to say but he did not do this frequently, he did it once when nintendo was literally about to go under to keep the company affloat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    I'm not defending him, its completely fucked up how much money he's making, with or without the cut. I'm just saying no matter what he or blizzard does at this point people will be mad because they want to be mad.



    Oh of course, killing babies and telling people to relax on a video game based forum, that's pretty much the same thing.
    dude the worst part, is with this cut hes now in the lower 25% of CEO's, that means 75% of CEo's make more then him, like what the fuck kinda money are they making?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I mean, it's still "his money" since he owns the company either way. This doesn't really mean anything unless it comes with pay raises for employees and/or new hires.
    that literally aint how it works dude...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    There's something great about seeing people defend someone who still gets paid hundreds of millions AFTER a 50% pay cut,excluding bonuses and influence.

    If anything it shows how many people are thoroughly brainwashed by the idea of the "american dream"
    What? the tax cut hes litterally not getting paid hundreds of millions? the whole point is now hes getting paid less then a million.
    Did you really think bobby was being paid hundreds of millions every single year? I dont think he has ever been paid 100 million, as the 200 mil he was going to get is literally only actually 41 million.

    Dude makes waaaay too much money, even now, but hundreds of millions? come on man.
  1. Samuraijake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    There's something great about seeing people defend someone who still gets paid hundreds of millions AFTER a 50% pay cut,excluding bonuses and influence.

    If anything it shows how many people are thoroughly brainwashed by the idea of the "american dream"
    ^THIS

    Its blowing my mind that at this very moment... in this thread... you can see the brainwashed culters ... hard-defending this dude left n right vs every other poster.

    "he didnt make ~that~ much money"

    "oh its not hundreds of millions "

    "25% of the other corrupted CEOs in the world.. so hes an angel"

    etc.

    it'll be another 100 years before people on average start opening their eyes...
  1. SinR's Avatar
    Y'all need to get off that Bobby Hate Train.
  1. Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    ^THIS

    Its blowing my mind that at this very moment... in this thread... you can see the brainwashed culters ... hard-defending this dude left n right vs every other poster.

    "he didnt make ~that~ much money"

    "oh its not hundreds of millions "

    "25% of the other corrupted CEOs in the world.. so hes an angel"

    etc.

    it'll be another 100 years before people on average start opening their eyes...
    Or you know people aren’t so obsessed with blind hate that they can egknowlege others doing a good thing and point out that people are spreading miss information?
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    ^THIS

    Its blowing my mind that at this very moment... in this thread... you can see the brainwashed culters ... hard-defending this dude left n right vs every other poster.

    "he didnt make ~that~ much money"

    "oh its not hundreds of millions "

    "25% of the other corrupted CEOs in the world.. so hes an angel"

    etc.

    it'll be another 100 years before people on average start opening their eyes...
    I mena yeah, i rather be on the side of a million/billionaire then on the side of the people literally fucking lying.
    Truth>>>>>>Blind hate.

    But it speaks ABSOLUTE WONDERS about you as a person, that you think correcting fake information is "defending him"
    The world really is fucked when people think that correcting fake information and fake news is taking a stance...
    Also no one called him an angel... so you are lying in literally so many ways its fucking disgusting.
  1. Dald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No he doesn't. The bonus is tied to his base salary and can not exceed 200% of that salary now. Wowhead does a good job of describing the changes in detail. Your views on corporate greed aside Mr. Kotick is a great businessman.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...s-by-50-322086
    Yep, being a cunt is a trait that is way over-admired these days.
  1. xuros's Avatar
    So the mans made it in life. Not sure why its anyone outside the company or his families concern. But I do think we need to take up a donation account here so we can buy that man some bread and sandwich meat so he and his family don't starve after this tragic pay cut...(lol)
  1. DuskSP's Avatar
    hey bobby this will look good. Will find the other 1000s ways to give the same amount!
  1. Tumile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    I swear the guy could announce he's quitting and giving all his money to homeless LGBTQ puppies and people would still be mad.
    the guy has worked hard to get where he is, ignoring any level of incompetence, greed, or corruption, the comment is still true, the fact he takes a pretty damn huge paycut isn't going to harm him very much no, but atleast hes doing it, unlike 99,9% of CEO's out there. I agree with you, its a lose, lose situation, based on an action that he didnt take any steps to make public in the first place, so now hes the bad guy for not actively trying to hide it. smh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Yep, being a cunt is a trait that is way over-admired these days.
    personally I disagree, as someone who has actually tried hard at any team based work. Lets take try harding wow as an example, I found myself on the verge of breaking down when failing absolutely horrible Trials after 3 or so weeks. No one liked them, they were horrible people, and their performance was sub-par at best, yet I struggled with kicking them. I truly respect some of the complete assholes further up the chain, who are able to cut-off close friends due to them underperforming slightly. It is something I cannot do, and it makes me unqualified for the job. this applies to work, sports, games, and other hobbies just the same. Being a Cunt can be hella hard, I doubt that they are all psychopaths, I truly think a lot of them struggle with making these decisions, and yet they are able to do it. Mad Respect.

    The fact that you don't understand that simply means you have never, ever been in that position, you have no motivation or goals to speak off, and have never accomplished anything on your own accord in your entire life. thats just the sad truth.
  1. Dhrizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I'll give him credit when his pay is on par with his subordinates. This is obviously a PR stunt. Satoru Iwata used to do this frequently, without external pressure, when Nintendo failed to meet expectations. He's only agreeing to this after killing how many jobs for failing to meet Blizzard expectations?
    He hasn't failed to meet expectations though, over the past 20 years he's made absolutely buckets of cash for the company and its investors. When he took over the company in 1990 it was on its arse, hence him and fellow investors snapping it up for half a mil.
  1. Vilendor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    So he's the CEO of a huge company, they fire people, it sucks but its part of the deal. He never received a "pay check" he got stocks worth a lot, a deal he made with the board some 4 years or whatever ago, when the companies stock was worth much less. It's beyond stupid how much he got but its not like he went "i fired people now give me a sack full of cash". I don't like the man, i would much prefer someone else in charge, but the amount of hate whenever he does anything is stupid and its getting tiresome. He literally gets less money now than before and people are mad about it. It's pretty much a PR thing, but its something.
    Keep digging your grave buddy, you are beyond pathetic at this point and your breath smells from Bobby's shit
    But i would like to correct myself... no, you are not equal to those murderer wifes and baby killers. You are worst


    Infracted.

Site Navigation