TBC Classic Deluxe Edition Rewards, Kingsmourne is Shalamayne Reforged, DLC #770

Beta Development Update - Leatherworking Drums
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Over the first few weeks of testing in the Burning Crusade Beta, we’ve found it useful to elaborate on and bolster the “some changes” philosophy that we expressed at BlizzConline (and in posts like this one). As we’ve said, we’re open to making further alterations to Burning Crusade Classic, and we’re guided by the goal of authenticity in how the game plays, especially given how players in 2021 approach a game that was designed in 2007.

We’ve decided make the following updates to Burning Crusade Classic:

  • “Lesser” versions of Leatherworking drums will be available from the beginning of the expansion, and will approximate how drums operated in the first few patches of original Burning Crusade.
  • “Greater” versions of the drums will become available with the phase that includes the Zul’Aman raid.
  • Throughout Burning Crusade Classic, using Leatherworking drums will invoke the Tinnitus debuff, preventing reuse for two minutes.

This decision follows a great deal of consideration of the options available. Ultimately, the “some changes” philosophy is a method for identifying problems where specific design choices made in 2007 don’t completely match the design intent of 2007. Having identified a clear issue of that type with drums, we naturally look for changes that were made at the time to address the problem. Tinnitus is exactly such a fix. It was added to the game in the very next major update after the Sunwell patch.

Tinnitus simply limits the number of Leatherworkers that a guild will consider beneficial to one Leatherworker per party. It fits with the design of The Burning Crusade, which encouraged guilds to carefully plan their raid composition to ensure access to various buffs and to make the best use of various drops, such as Primal Nethers. This change should preserve Leatherworking’s unique niche without devaluing it too much compared to other professions, which was the goal of the overall profession design of The Burning Crusade.

Our next step is to test it, so we’re updating the Beta today to include Tinnitus, and it will be in place when we resume testing in Karazhan. As before, we’ll be carefully following what testers do with it, and feedback from testers. We encourage you to use the in-game bug report function in the Beta.

Thank you very much for all of your testing and feedback!

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick Takes 50% Pay Cut
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick has agreed to a 50% pay cut as well an an annual bonus percentage cut, according to an article on Gameindustry.biz. For the full details, visit the article!


This article was originally published in forum thread: Burning Crusade Classic - Drums Update, Bobby Kotick Takes Pay Cut started by Stoy View original post
Comments 82 Comments
  1. Guchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    He hasn't failed to meet expectations though, over the past 20 years he's made absolutely buckets of cash for the company and its investors. When he took over the company in 1990 it was on its arse, hence him and fellow investors snapping it up for half a mil.
    Yeah this is what these idiot pitchfork people dont get, his success made those jobs to begin with. Him being good at his job and causing growth of the company created more jobs that helped people out.

    Even when they got laid off they got some nice severance packages to help them out.

    But this is what happens when you have a generation of kids who grew up being told they are special when they arent, they are just resentful of those who worked hard to get where they are. You can see it in their language, "He doesnt even do anything".

    Like if his job is so easy, why arent these keyboard warriors out there becoming CEOs and being the benevolent types? Put yourself in that position, run a company, take a minimal salary with no bonuses or incentives to be successful. Like its said, "Be the change you want to see in the world" Cause if you're just telling other people how they should live their lives? You need to shut it.
  1. Azerate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This is an incredibly naive comment, I'm not saying that to just insult, you clearly do not understand how anything works in the corporate world, and are making statements based on what has to be a sheer misunderstanding of the words you're using.

    "The system' doesn't exist. ATVI is a publicly owned corporation, and the pay of the officers of the corporation are set by the board, and not by some mythical 'system", there are no external forces or laws or regulations that direct and impose corporate pay and bonuses. And yet you blame 'capitalism" for them setting their own pay levels, when capitalism is simply a description of an economic system - blaming Kotick's greed and exorbitant payoff on capitalism is laughable, because isn't caused by capitalism, it's an abuse of capitalism . I don't think you understand what "capitalism" is, and you should learn, because educating yourself is always a good thing to spend your time on. Especially as the alternative to capitalism would be a monetary system like socialism or communism, where companies like Blizzard most likely wouldn't exist in the first place.

    I don't disagree that ATVI workers should be paid more, especially those working in Los Angeles and Orange County, but again, that's an abuse of capitalism by the board at ATVI, not "The System".
    Yes, and this is exactly why this is the system's fault.

    In a fair system there would be such regulations that would just downright forbid giving people bonuses that could feed every homeless person in a small size country for a month. And at the same time, there would be regulations stating how much employees of such a business should earn based on the total worth of the company.

    If this was "abuse of capitalism" then there would be checks in place to combat this kind of thing. There aren't, because that's what capitalism is all about - it's a predator and prey system, which allows the select few to gather 99% of the world's wealth for themselves while millions of people are literally starving.

    If you're criticizing Bobby Kotick and other CEOs income while at the same time defending capitalism you're a hypocrite.
  1. Smeeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Keep digging your grave buddy, you are beyond pathetic at this point and your breath smells from Bobby's shit
    But i would like to correct myself... no, you are not equal to those murderer wifes and baby killers. You are worst
    I'm beginning to sense a pattern here, you have a good day and do stay mad.
  1. TheFirstOnes's Avatar
    "Bobby cuts salary by 50%"

    ZzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzz

    Next time, make it 80% from that remaining 50%, then we can talk. Dude's still ass regardless of what "money" he loses, which was all gonna go to taxes anyway, so this 50% BS doesn't feel like shit, no matter where you're from.
  1. Aggressive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post
    Yeah this is what these idiot pitchfork people dont get, his success made those jobs to begin with. Him being good at his job and causing growth of the company created more jobs that helped people out.

    Even when they got laid off they got some nice severance packages to help them out.

    But this is what happens when you have a generation of kids who grew up being told they are special when they arent, they are just resentful of those who worked hard to get where they are. You can see it in their language, "He doesnt even do anything".

    Like if his job is so easy, why arent these keyboard warriors out there becoming CEOs and being the benevolent types? Put yourself in that position, run a company, take a minimal salary with no bonuses or incentives to be successful. Like its said, "Be the change you want to see in the world" Cause if you're just telling other people how they should live their lives? You need to shut it.

    The problem with most who make a lot of money is that they brag too much about it. No one would have known shit if only he had kept quiet about it. My motto with things is DON'T BRAG. Why tell the whole world how you make?? Who's fucking business is it to know?? People need to learn how to keep their mouth shut about stuff. People need to learn how to keep a secret. I know I do.
  1. Thelxi's Avatar
    Pretty dumb move imo. You're just drawing more attention to an astronomical paycheck extracted from a struggling game. As if people care about or understand the difference between 200m and 100m.
  1. MasterHamster's Avatar
    Hahaha, Bobby Kotick trying to buy the community's perception of Blizzard back (or preparing for a slightly worse quarterly report, not like those mouthbreathers buying mounts or Hearthstone pre-expansion bundles are taking a break)
    But other than those sheep? Too late Bobbyboi, it's been years since you made ActiBlizz into yet another EA Games, and everyone who once loved Blizzard knows it.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    The problem with most who make a lot of money is that they brag too much about it. No one would have known shit if only he had kept quiet about it. My motto with things is DON'T BRAG. Why tell the whole world how you make?? Who's fucking business is it to know?? People need to learn how to keep their mouth shut about stuff. People need to learn how to keep a secret. I know I do.
    He didn't brag. People know about it because they insist on knowing every little detail about a gaming company. Activision Blizzard filed the required SEC paperwork and that got reported on by Wowhead and then here. None of the wow fan sites reported when he donated 4 million to the University of Michigan to help start an e-sports degree. Because it doesn't drive clicks like an easy target for hate as a salary.
  1. Aggressive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    He didn't brag. People know about it because they insist on knowing every little detail about a gaming company. Activision Blizzard filed the required SEC paperwork and that got reported on by Wowhead and then here. None of the wow fan sites reported when he donated 4 million to the University of Michigan to help start an e-sports degree. Because it doesn't drive clicks like an easy target for hate as a salary.
    Sounds about right social media and the stupid people who chase that shit.

    Pay no attention at all to the positive but instead let's search for anything negative that we can find. Part of the reason I despice our society so much right now. It is filled with a immense of stupid and arrogant people
  1. ghays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Actually this mean, that the people concerns about his bonus in the middle of laid offs actually concerned the CEOs of Activision/Blizzard. Well...at least they realise how bad that looks while the world is still on a Pandemic
    Are you equally concerned over how much entertainers and athletes make? Funny how those folks always get a pass, but corporate executives somehow don’t deserve any compensation for their work.
  1. Dhrizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    The problem with most who make a lot of money is that they brag too much about it. No one would have known shit if only he had kept quiet about it. My motto with things is DON'T BRAG. Why tell the whole world how you make?? Who's fucking business is it to know?? People need to learn how to keep their mouth shut about stuff. People need to learn how to keep a secret. I know I do.
    I'm pretty sure everything we know about Kotick's financials are released to the public for potential investors. This stuff all boils down to shareholder surveys and expectation reviews that are converted into formula based on performance projections and industry standards.
  1. SinR's Avatar
    Again, y'all need to get off that Bobby Kotick Hate Train.

    Let's focus on the fact that Blizzard actually listened to players with Drums.
  1. Sparklelord's Avatar
    Why can't we all just, get along?

    Stay hydrated and check your posture.

    I love you. ❤
  1. Necrosaro123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    Are you equally concerned over how much entertainers and athletes make? Funny how those folks always get a pass, but corporate executives somehow don’t deserve any compensation for their work.
    That is because the payment bonus was "excessive", even in terms of bonus payments for CEOs. Read the note, it is mention there.
  1. Dald's Avatar
    Man social media has massaged you people into corporate bootlickers.
  1. TyrannicalPuppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Y'all need to get off that Bobby Hate Train.
    Nope. You need to stop defending people getting WAY overpaid for work that could literally be automated. His entire family is set for generations and they're still funneling MILLIONS to him every. Single. Year.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Nope. You need to stop defending people getting WAY overpaid for work that could literally be automated. His entire family is set for generations and they're still funneling MILLIONS to him every. Single. Year.
    But then you would just hate the stupid computer program that didn't do what you want. CEO's may be over paid but I doubt there is a good enough computer program that could automate all of their duties. Generational wealth isn't that hard to come by and it is easy to keep as long as it isn't squandered. There is never a point where you should be forced to work for free just because you've earned enough. That is slavery and that isn't a good way to combat the wealth gap.
  1. TyrannicalPuppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But then you would just hate the stupid computer program that didn't do what you want. CEO's may be over paid but I doubt there is a good enough computer program that could automate all of their duties. Generational wealth isn't that hard to come by and it is easy to keep as long as it isn't squandered. There is never a point where you should be forced to work for free just because you've earned enough. That is slavery and that isn't a good way to combat the wealth gap.
    Did I ever say he should work for free?

    No. Work for either the minimum wage of his employees, or the maximum wage of a team leader. Take home a reasonable, humble salary that shows that he's as human as the people he employs, many of whom work much harder than he does, and that he doesn't deserve special treatment when he's already hoarding enough money that will cover everything his family needs for many generations to come and that will otherwise never go back into the economy.
  1. Razorice's Avatar
    Damn. Feel bad for Bobby. Hope he doesn't need food stamps anytime soon.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    No. Work for either the minimum wage of his employees, or the maximum wage of a team leader.
    He is the highest paid team leader at the company. So he already fits your criteria. Just because you are rich and worked your way up the corporate ladder doesn't mean you are humble. He isn't given special treatment. He just doesn't deserve blanket stupid hate just because. How will his wealth never go back into the economy if it also has to support his families needs for many generations?

    That is the problem with hate for the sake of hate. It often contradicts itself just to further the hate.

Site Navigation