Policy Update for Input Broadcasting - May 2021
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
On November 3, 2020, we posted an update to our policy for input broadcasting software, and soon thereafter, we began taking action against accounts found to be using third party software to automatically mirror keystrokes to multiple game clients. We find that, like full automation of play, multiple-account mirroring disturbs the gameplay experience for the vast majority of players who control a single account at a time.

We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way. Players found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player’s World of Warcraft account(s), as activities which effectively replicate automated gameplay are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

We urge all players to cease using any means of mirroring gameplay across multiple WoW accounts immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Policy Update for Input Broadcasting - May 2021 started by Stoy View original post
Comments 96 Comments
  1. vilememory's Avatar
    And Here We Go
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    There goes another 29% of players. Joking aside this is a good change though I do think there are some non-harmful multi-account players that will get caught up in the change. I still wonder if they are trying to target mass controlled bots or warden detection if they even still use warden.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Determined people will still get around it.

    And at the same time, I wish they would revert.... herb prices are far too high.
  1. loras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Policy Update for Input Broadcasting - May 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On November 3, 2020, we posted an update to our policy for input broadcasting software, and soon thereafter, we began taking action against accounts found to be using third party software to automatically mirror keystrokes to multiple game clients. We find that, like full automation of play, multiple-account mirroring disturbs the gameplay experience for the vast majority of players who control a single account at a time.

    We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way. Players found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player’s World of Warcraft account(s), as activities which effectively replicate automated gameplay are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

    We urge all players to cease using any means of mirroring gameplay across multiple WoW accounts immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.
    Finally, an unambiguous end to multiboxxers.
  1. Nightstalker's Avatar
    Just hire 5-10 GMs per region to hunt these fuckers down and whack them.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Finally, an unambiguous end to multiboxxers.
    Not really, there's still a few people out there who just alt tab multibox farm.

    I could never do it personally, but it still would be a massive amount of gold income.
  1. Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Huh......


    Well thats interesting.
  1. Thelxi's Avatar
    Well it's been a long road lol.
  1. Stardrift's Avatar
    Whoever made the original decision and now this decision has the biggest cock in the room.

    What a hero
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    As long as my pleb ass can have 2 accounts on at the same time and use a macro for /follow in old raid content, I'm good.

    Not for farming gold mind you, just personal transmog... Although now I remember that shit was killed off with the level squish, so meh.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As long as my pleb ass can have 2 accounts on at the same time and use a macro for /follow in old raid content, I'm good.

    Not for farming gold mind you, just personal transmog.
    You could do that with 5 accounts even or 25!
  1. prwraith's Avatar
    Ironically, wow is the least efficient game to multi-box in and the amount of bitching on the battlenet and mmochamp forums for such an incredibly niche problem was hilarious.

    Doesn't affect me, but sad to see it go. Bitchers finally won lol.
  1. Kallisto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As long as my pleb ass can have 2 accounts on at the same time and use a macro for /follow in old raid content, I'm good.

    Not for farming gold mind you, just personal transmog... Although now I remember that shit was killed off with the level squish, so meh.
    That's still allowed from what I can see right now so you'll be fine.
  1. thunderdragon2's Avatar
    wow finally only other fix they could make is that druids cant herb in travel form but that would hurt way more innocent druids than botting druids.

    and up go herb prices again.....
  1. Nite92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Ironically, wow is the least efficient game to multi-box in and the amount of bitching on the battlenet and mmochamp forums for such an incredibly niche problem was hilarious.

    Doesn't affect me, but sad to see it go. Bitchers finally won lol.
    There is alot of farming that can be done faster/ more efficient due to multiboxxing. Also Multiboxxing is quite OP in PvP in classic.
  1. MrFrag's Avatar
    Finally Blizzard made the move. The problem might look multiboxing or grinding gold with more efficient ways but they miss the real problem. People who buys and sells GOLD! You prevent them selling/buying, problem will be solved.
  1. Titacles's Avatar
    Looks like I will be unsubscribing my 6 accounts. Sucks but it is what it is, all I enjoyed doing was questing and dungeon content solo. Atleast Biden bucks paid for the 3 computers
  1. ketsui's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    wow finally only other fix they could make is that druids cant herb in travel form but that would hurt way more innocent druids than botting druids.

    and up go herb prices again.....
    Yup the prices went up as expected when they did this because people who don’t farm thought it would lower prices but they don’t know how money works. Also this thread still had the geniuses who still think bots are multiboxers. Well after reading all the negativity I’m so glad blizzard upset me back in nov to quit. Shadowlands hasn’t been kind to players
  1. Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Yup the prices went up as expected when they did this because people who don’t farm thought it would lower prices but they don’t know how money works. Also this thread still had the geniuses who still think bots are multiboxers. Well after reading all the negativity I’m so glad blizzard upset me back in nov to quit. Shadowlands hasn’t been kind to players
    Nah, people exaggerate.
  1. Ragedaug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Titacles View Post
    Looks like I will be unsubscribing my 6 accounts. Sucks but it is what it is, all I enjoyed doing was questing and dungeon content solo. Atleast Biden bucks paid for the 3 computers
    I would be OK with it being left for solo instanced content, though I don't know that they have any way to distinguish what you are doing at the time you multibox. For folks who weren't interfering with anyone else this change sucks, but overall I'm glad they did this as there are definitely boxers out there who disrupt gameplay for a lot of other folks around them.

Site Navigation