Great Vault Expectations - First Two Weeks of July
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We’ve seen some questions from players who’d like to know specifics about how endgame loot and the Great Vault will operate over the next two weekly resets, so we’ve prepared the following outline.

Next Week

Following the next weekly reset on July 6 in this region, the Great Vault will offer rewards exactly as it has in previous weeks. Between now and then, defeating raid bosses in Castle Nathria, completing Season 1 Mythic Keystone Dungeons, and earning Honor in rated PvP will generate those rewards. Season 2 will begin on July 6, but the Great Vault looks back at previous efforts to determine the item levels of rewards.

With the July 6 weekly reset marking the start of Season 2, all Mythic+ Rating will be reset to 0, and all Mythic+ Keystones will be lowered by an additional 3 levels to account for the overall increase in dungeon difficulty.

Mythic+ players who wish to receive the best rewards from the Great Vault for their initial Season 2 efforts will want to complete Mythic+ Dungeons at +15 or higher difficulty the week of July 6-12.

Mythic+ end-of-run drops will cap at Mythic+10 throughout the week of July 6-12, and Season 2 Rated PvP gear upgrades are initially capped at Rival (base item level 239) until Mythic Difficulty Sanctum of Domination is available.

The Second Week of July

After Season 2 has been underway for a week, the Great Vault will offer upgraded rewards following the weekly reset on July 13 in this region. This includes rewards earned in the Sanctum of Domination raid, Unchained Gladiator’s PvP gear, and higher item level Mythic+ rewards.

As a reminder, you’re only eligible for Great Vault raid loot from bosses that you have previously defeated on the difficulty you’re looking for. For example, you must defeat Heroic Kel’thuzad before his loot will show up as a Heroic quality selection in the Great Vault.

Mythic+ Gearing in Season 2

We’ve made a few small adjustments to the item-level curve for Season 2 Mythic+ rewards, to make Mythic+ gear progression more comparable to early raiding rewards at some levels of difficulty. Here are the item levels of gear drops and rewards:

DifficultySeason 1
End-of-Run
Season 1
Missed Timer
Season 1
Great Vault
Season 2
End-of-Run
Season 2
Missed Timer
Season 2
Great Vault
Mythic+2ilvl 187ilvl 184ilvl 200ilvl 210ilvl 210ilvl 226
Mythic+3ilvl 190ilvl 187ilvl 203ilvl 213ilvl 210ilvl 226
Mythic+4ilvl 194ilvl 190ilvl 207ilvl 216ilvl 213ilvl 226
Mythic+5ilvl 194ilvl 190ilvl 210ilvl 220ilvl 216ilvl 229
Mythic+6ilvl 197ilvl 194ilvl 210ilvl 223ilvl 220ilvl 229
Mythic+7ilvl 200ilvl 197ilvl 213ilvl 223ilvl 220ilvl 233
Mythic+8ilvl 200ilvl 197ilvl 216ilvl 226ilvl 223ilvl 236
Mythic+9ilvl 200ilvl 197ilvl 216ilvl 226ilvl 223ilvl 236
Mythic+10ilvl 203ilvl 200ilvl 220ilvl 229ilvl 226ilvl 239
Mythic+11ilvl 203ilvl 200ilvl 220ilvl 229ilvl 226ilvl 242
Mythic+12ilvl 207ilvl 203ilvl 223ilvl 233ilvl 229ilvl 246
Mythic+13ilvl 207ilvl 203ilvl 223ilvl 233ilvl 229ilvl 246
Mythic+14ilvl 207ilvl 203ilvl 226ilvl 236ilvl 233ilvl 249
Mythic+15ilvl 210ilvl 207ilvl 226ilvl 236ilvl 233ilvl 252

The most notable adjustment is that now, a Mythic+15 or higher is required to get the maximum item level from the Great Vault, while Mythic+14 or higher provides the highest end-of-run item level.

Thanks for reading. We’ll see you 'round the Vault!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Great Vault Expectations - First Two Weeks of July started by Lumy View original post
Comments 35 Comments
  1. Tumble's Avatar
    I don't mind the vault, it's actually the only reason I ended up with weapons this tier. However, I wish they'd just bump the amount of loot each boss drops. That would also lower spam in trade with carriers selling vault carries.

    As far as people in here getting mad that someone who did an +10 getting the same loot as someone doing H Sire, who cares, it's still relatively on par. If they start handing out Mythic raid gear for completing regular dungeons, then complain.
  1. thunderdragon2's Avatar
    i knew it would be -3 there were people spreading rumours of -5 to keys next reset
  1. munkeyinorbit's Avatar
    Hahahaha. This is basically blizzard telling it's more casual end gamers to go fuck themselves. Everyone else gets +26 to ilvl. Not mythic+. First no loot. Then bad loot. And now this? RIP. Mythic plus.
  1. cozzri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hahahaha. This is basically blizzard telling it's more casual end gamers to go fuck themselves. Everyone else gets +26 to ilvl. Not mythic+. First no loot. Then bad loot. And now this? RIP. Mythic plus.
    I'm all for dismantling Mythic dungeons. Challenge modes served the purpose of creating difficult content for 5man groups just fine. The only difference between challenge modes and mythic+ is that adding loot and keystone levels fostered a highly toxic and fractured experience. RIP Mythic is a welcome change
  1. Shaetha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Imagine making an account just to reply to me so you can defend Blizzard. The absolute state.

    Anyway, your terrible post doesn't contradict anything I typed.
    The Vault is a much more efficient way of gearing up than any other avenue of the game and certainly compared to BfA's weekly chest, which has catapulted it to be the main gearing avenue for players rather than actual combat-related content, compared to BfA's weekly chest, which was a supplemental avenue for gearing up.

    Your are completely incapable of actually understanding my rationale so I will advise you not to further waste your time in replying to me.
    After 4 years of hearing people complaining about the weekly chest having no bad luck protection every week and never once hearing anyone saying it before they added it to the game, you're either in the extreme minority, or you're just complaining because something changed.

    Given that I have observed the latter group to exist and not the former, I have to believe it's more likely to be the latter.

    Especially since you made an ad hominem attack instead of actually addressing the points brought.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    I'm all for dismantling Mythic dungeons. Challenge modes served the purpose of creating difficult content for 5man groups just fine.
    No they didn't. Almost no one did challenge modes.
  1. lukyl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Actually, I believe the loot is generated upon right-clicking the big vault with a large set of ascending stairs before it.
    that was generated because you killed things..
  1. Edward Wu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    After 4 years of hearing people complaining about the weekly chest having no bad luck protection every week and never once hearing anyone saying it before they added it to the game, you're either in the extreme minority, or you're just complaining because something changed.
    I hope I'm in the minority, that would actually be a good indicator that I can think for myself and not simply join the mindless herd.

    The vast majority of the time, the players do not know what is good for them. Every good dev understands this. It is not in the player's hands to make a good game or not, or to point out problems at all, really. They are simply there to scream into the abyss and give the devs the possibility that something that comes out of their mouths might be worthwhile to read. It's like going to Walmart and looking through the big bins of bargain movies. Most of it is trash, but sometimes you'll find a decent flick if you rummage through it long enough.

    I understand that nuance is clearly a difficult thing to grasp, and that's okay, but the shifting nature of design consequence in WoW is precipitated by their intent on doing such heavy system design, so things can tend to look 'hypocritical" from your point of view. Did the weekly BfA chest feel bad when you got 3 shitter bracers, 3 weeks in a row? Sure, of course it did. That's bad game design. But The Great Vault can also feel bad when it's causing you to stop experiencing the thrill of getting good loot from actual combat content. That's also bad game design.

    It's not always a binary thing, and I understand that's difficult to grasp for binary thinkers. Most of you simply don't understand game design, mostly because game design is hard.
  1. Ange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Almost no one did challenge modes.
    Challenge Modes did not allow outgearing the difficulty with ilvl as M+ is basicly allowing it.

    CMs were done by people with knowledge about the pulls and boss/trash mechanics and unlike M+ where its allways just about exploiting higher keys with raid/pvp/high ilvl.

    The community was and is as shallow as it gets with content that requires "skill". If you cant cheese it with pure advantages in gearing, for some strange reasons its not as liked. Funny, isnt it?

    btw. I enjoyed each CM tier and collected multiple medals because first I liked the mode and helping out people with it was no big deal. I use M+ just for gearing, since its the easiest path for gearing, since most people use it also for that.

    The whole pushing/scorebullshit/exploiting with class imbalance is much less of an issue as in pvp or raiding, even if people complain a lot about R.IO, M+ is still just used for farming gear.

    Not just talk, but played the content:
    =>
  1. SirFinlot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Can you though? I thought they have them scaling with item level.
    I can't comment on that fact, but it would be extremely underwhelming, kind of beating the purpose of "gearing".
  1. Biggles Worth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    I can't comment on that fact, but it would be extremely underwhelming, kind of beating the purpose of "gearing".
    I remember it was confirmed by multiple sources a long time ago and was wondering if they're still doing it.
  1. KaPe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Actually, I believe the loot is generated upon right-clicking the big vault with a large set of ascending stairs before it.
    Really now. I guess we'll have to wait two weeks for World First Race to start. We shall see live if raiders actually get loot from their kills. I could have sworn they also did dozens of Heroic splits, but maybe there's no actual gear in there and it's all just for fun.
  1. Cloudmaker's Avatar
    252! My goodness I'm going to be so powerful! Hey, what dungeon do I need to finish to get 15 next season, which is probably this Wednesday?
  1. Twdft's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Challenge Modes did not allow outgearing the difficulty with ilvl as M+ is basicly allowing it.
    So you didn't get as many sockets as possible on your CM set even if the items themselves where not good enough for raiding?

    On topic: I like the concept of the vault but the ilvl difference between drops in dungeons and vault is too big. After a couple weeks even heroic raiders don't give a fuck about dungeon drops outside of maybe weapon or trinket.
  1. Ange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you didn't get as many sockets as possible on your CM set even if the items themselves where not good enough for raiding?
    How much sockets - btw. WITH MAINSTAT ONLY - really did is something you can experience every timewalking.
    Tiersets or extrem secondary stats that simply broke spec balance are the issue. Using some blue-socket items because the only alternative you got are some first raid tier random stat epics is hardly "outgearing" CM's.

    You might not have experienced or not know this, but first CMs were carried by TANK vengeance stacking and keeping it between chain pulls and some creative pull/boss strategies.

    But just test it in TW, same restrictions. The most broken things in TW were the ussage of not-downscaled tier sets and some items/trinkets with again no downscaling. Things you had no access to while CMs were a thing.
  1. JacobMarley's Avatar
    Remember when they removed the PVP vendor for 2 expansions because it was too confusing.

Site Navigation