Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As a warlock, I'm surprised I don't see anything listed for interrupts. Destro locks have shadowfury which works on most mobs outside of bosses. And, the felhunter has a silence which is just as reliable as a mage's counterspell and on the same CD.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    Nice read, really enjoyed it, being that my main is a tank just one question: can undeads be feared? cause im pretty sure they couldnt a while ago, while i havent checked up on it recently...
    Undead can be feared with a pally's Turn Evil. Every paladin has it, but it's so situational it's probably on very few pallies' bars :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kavian View Post
    Doesn't even mention Solar Beam as either CC or an interrupt.

Kinda makes me wonder what else this winning guide missed.
    druid cyclone for one...

I love all the people talking about CCs that either last less than 10 seconds or make the mobs move around into other mobs.

Not only am I glad they're not on the guide, I'm glad you're not in my group. Probably wipe me with your 'CC'.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Moon is always sheep. There was even a blue post confirming. Don't forget that.

One thing I've found is that I can drop Hex on a wyvern-stung mob and the hex will not break on the damage that the sting does after the sleep component wears off.

It's a good option for a healing shaman if a pull goes poorly.

Scatter shot will interrupt some casts as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing Priest Fear (glyphed) and a Frost Mage's various freezes.

They're short CC so they should be used if the main CC's break (although, we've had great results using Ring of Frost as a main CC on the vortex elementals in VP).
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by haferflocken View Post
    hm even in pugs i only need 1 cc (rarely). why explain all this?
    Please read before asking stupid questions, mister badass heroic pugger. CC is not needed but with an undergeared healer you wil make his life a whole lot easyer.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJrapter View Post
    Why is CC important
    CC is important because it allows for the tank to manage his threat more effectively, creates less damage coming in to help out the healer, and allow focus fire to be more beneficial. CC is a must in heroics and should be used on almost every pull you can. Remember, this expansion is all about mitigating group damage the best way possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoo View Post
    As a warlock, I'm surprised I don't see anything listed for interrupts. Destro locks have shadowfury which works on most mobs outside of bosses. And, the felhunter has a silence which is just as reliable as a mage's counterspell and on the same CD.
    cause hard summoning a different minion to silence one spell is viable. (Hint: It isn't.) And if you burn a shard to summon it, to silence one spell, then you have terrible people in your group who don't know how to interrupt. Locks simply don't have a viable interrupt unless they're already affliction and use the felhound.

And shadowfury is extremely situational. I use it often as an interrupt but it doesn't silence or lock out, just stuns. Plus if any CC is in the area of your SF you'll break it.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Great Guide, even with the Plethora of missing things.

But my groups last night would agree with the Ring of Frost can be godly thing. XD We aggroed 3 groups in Heroic Stonecore, and by the time Ring of Frost (then Cold Snapped for another after it was done) was done, it was down to a single group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    Nice read, really enjoyed it, being that my main is a tank just one question: can undeads be feared? cause im pretty sure they couldnt a while ago, while i havent checked up on it recently...
    Paladins can fear undead, with Turn Evil, with a glyph to make it instant cast
    Last edited by Skiball; 2011-01-08 at 11:10 PM. Reason: some one beat me to it :)

Wyvern sting information is incorrect. It does not work on Undead as it is a sleep effect in addition to a poison.

Whether or not you want to count the weaker forms of CC as CC, which you should. The fact is solar beam is still an interrupt, so you cannot argue with the fact that this guide is incomplete.

Elementals cannot be sleeped by Wyvern Sting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Priests can AoE fear any mob type, currently Fear is not even listed as a CC type for priests.

Deleted
    This was nothing new, but still, kind of helpful

15+ Year Old Account
    Very good guide and a must read for all classes. I knew about keybinding the raid icons but could never think of what to bind them to. Using the numpad is an excellent idea - I'm gonna pinch it and use it.

As for post-CC, tanks don't have to charge into the group. You can pull with Shattering / Heroic Throw and then Charge after the mobs surge forward.

Now, if only everyone would use their CC effectively, there would be less stress on instance runs.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Priests can AoE fear any mob type, currently Fear is not even listed as a CC type for priests.
    I noticed this too. Shadow priests have Psychic Horror, and all priests can do an AoE fear, that if glyphed will take mobs out of action for the duration without fear of pulling nearby groups or pats.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    So many of you guys are missing the point and just completely wrong. Like those of you claiming HoJ, Avengers Shield, and Disarm are CC.. They're NOT by the way! Stuns are not what most consider to be counted as CC, neither are things like Blind because of it's extremely short duration. And disarm counted as CC? Really? =\

Good guide though OP!
    Blind is a form of CC. CC means crowd control. When you blind a mob it cannot do anything for 10 seconds. That's controlling a member of the "crowd". Blind is very helpful in a lot of "oops" situations. I use it all the time when soloing, and have it set to @mouseover.

Someone above mentioned Druid cyclone - definitely a form of short-term CC. Not sure how long it lasts in a PvE environment, but I assume it is more than the 6 seconds or so it lasts in PvP.

No matter how short a duration a stun, root, fear or immobilizing action, if it helps you to control mobs "in a crowd", it is crowd control. The guide may be incomplete, but players need to utilise common sense when it comes to using all the skills in their arsenal.
    For the Alliance!

Stuns and disorients are not CC's. You would never pull with them, stop trying to argue this point.

Turn evil and Psychic scream [unglyphed] are not forms of CC, due to mobs running around potentially pulling stuff.

Warlock interrupt: Forgot about fel-puppy, given most people have imp, succubus, or felguard out. Im still debating on adding this to the guide because its not unheard of to have it out for boss fights (e.g SFK first boss)

Lots of things are missing, im aware, but i need more time to refine stuff

wyvren sting: I saw hunters using this in SFK, but i think it got hotfixed. as for the elementals i would have to check, and edit accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJrapter View Post
    Warlock interrupt: Forgot about fel-puppy, given most people have imp, succubus, or felguard out. Im still debating on adding this to the guide because its not unheard of to have it out for boss fights (e.g SFK first boss)
    Any non-affliction lock with a fel-pup out is a bad player.
    Don't include the felhound silence unless you specify it as affliction-only.
    I'm not going to sacrifice my imps killer dps and empowered imp procs + demon soul buff for a 45 second c/d silence and a crappy dps pet for my spec. Ever.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin