10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished watching Photon. For the love of all that is holy, pick this one up. Was excellent.

ALSO:

I have to Kino No Tabi Volume 1, and legitimately can't find the next volumes ANYWHERE at a decent price, anyone have suggestion?

Well I finished my list of anime. I'm prob missing a few.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Almost 1 and a half months on anime.....

...TIME WELL SERVED!
    Last edited by lizon; 2011-01-09 at 03:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Well I finished my list of anime. I'm prob missing a few.
    Almost 1 and a half months on anime.....

...TIME WELL SERVED!
    mhm, strange, my list is about 30% shorter ("watched"- list at 92), yet i've got more than 2 months already...
    meh... and due to me being still too new here, i can't link to my anime-planet-thingy... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    mhm, strange, my list is about 30% shorter ("watched"- list at 92), yet i've got more than 2 months already...
    meh... and due to me being still too new here, i can't link to my anime-planet-thingy... -.-
    I have a lot of stalled series that if I went around to watch would go onward to close to 2 months just about. I also don't watch much of the mainstream anime's that go on for hundreds of episodes. I think I only have a handful of those, most are 12-24 episode seasons.

Deleted
    I have a lot of stalled series that if I went around to watch would go onward to close to 2 months just about. I also don't watch much of the mainstream anime's that go on for hundreds of episodes. I think I only have a handful of those, most are 12-24 episode seasons.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense. i'm not really limited in any kind of genre, i'm pretty much enjoying almost everything^^ If i look at the past few weeks, i've watched FMA: Brotherhood, K-on, Kanon(2006), and i just finished all three seasons of Full metal panic, even though i'm not that interested in mecha^^

Ah, okay, that makes sense. i'm not really limited in any kind of genre, i'm pretty much enjoying almost everything^^ If i look at the past few weeks, i've watched FMA: Brotherhood, K-on, Kanon(2006), and i just finished all three seasons of Full metal panic, even though i'm not that interested in mecha^^
    Watch Katanagatari and Shangri-La. You'll thank me once you've seen them.

Deleted
    yeah, Katanagatari is already on my "want to watch" list, but haven't found it yet on my personal sources^^

yeah, Katanagatari is already on my "want to watch" list, but haven't found it yet on my personal sources^^
    gogoanime has most every major series out there. It's been mentioned in this thread.

Deleted
    gogoanime has most every major series out there. It's been mentioned in this thread.
    mhm, normally i don't like to watch streamed videos, the quality is more often than not really low.
    [Edit] and torrents are also out of question for me, just in case
    [Edit2] just found something promising on this, so let's cut it at this, and let the general discussions/suggestions take over again :P
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2011-01-09 at 04:36 AM.

Beelzebub is out. Wolverine has aired and will probably be subbed within a couple of days for those interested (I'm hoping it's better than Iron Man).

since everyone's sharing theirs.....Total stats on my Myanimelist.net list

TV: 445, OVA: 119, Movies: 113, Spcl.: 52, Eps: 9,325, Days: 157.76

There may be a few inaccuracies regarding which OVAs/Specials I've seen, but overall it should be 98-99% accurate. I've been watching anime since about 2000, with the amount watched picking up drastically in the past couple of years and even more in this and the last season (was watching 28 series as of last season, down to about 10 with the end of the season and probably back up to about 30 when all of this season begins airing).

10 years of watching anime and it hasn't even amounted to half a year yet....that's only 5% of the past 10 years...

Onto "Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!": http://myanimelist.net/anime/9587/Onii-chan_no_Koto_nanka_Zenzen_Suki_Janain_Dakara_ne!!

To put it simply....it's as I expected it to be. It's got an incest theme going but technically isn't incest which you'll know why when you watch it. If you're into that kind of thing, then watch it. If not, then you're not missing much.

Beelzebub is up next...only 7 minutes in for now, but it's enough to say this...If you're not liking it by the 7 minute marker (5.5 minutes if excluding time spent on the OP) then it probably isn't for you.
    Last edited by Zhabin; 2011-01-09 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Added "Onii-chan no Koto..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin View Post
    Beelzebub is out. Wolverine has aired and will probably be subbed within a couple of days for those interested (I'm hoping it's better than Iron Man).

since everyone's sharing theirs.....Total stats on my Myanimelist.net list

TV: 445, OVA: 119, Movies: 113, Spcl.: 52, Eps: 9,325, Days: 157.76

There may be a few inaccuracies regarding which OVAs/Specials I've seen, but overall it should be 98-99% accurate. I've been watching anime since about 2000, with the amount watched picking up drastically in the past couple of years and even more in this and the last season (was watching 28 series as of last season, down to about 10 with the end of the season and probably back up to about 30 when all of this season begins airing).

10 years of watching anime and it hasn't even amounted to half a year yet....that's only 5% of the past 10 years...

Onto "Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!": http://myanimelist.net/anime/9587/Onii-chan_no_Koto_nanka_Zenzen_Suki_Janain_Dakara_ne!!

To put it simply....it's as I expected it to be. It's got an incest theme going but technically isn't incest which you'll know why when you watch it. If you're into that kind of thing, then watch it. If not, then you're not missing much.

Beelzebub is up next...only 7 minutes in for now, but it's enough to say this...If you're not liking it by the 7 minute marker (5.5 minutes if excluding time spent on the OP) then it probably isn't for you.
    Onii chan leaves me skeptical, the plot summary leaves me feeling they are gonna take the typical anime copout and be like "the relationship is ok because we arent blood related" wheres my good hearty wincest of the actual biological nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Onii chan leaves me skeptical, the plot summary leaves me feeling they are gonna take the typical anime copout and be like "the relationship is ok because we arent blood related" wheres my good hearty wincest of the actual biological nature.
    The characters personalities help to direct your attention away from that a bit, but that's what it is.

I dont watch to much anime,and i wont explain why.
    Anyway ,i really think that "School Days" is a must see anime for any highschool male ... You can't play like that with someone's emotions,and expect to keep...sane..
    Death Note is my favorite anime ..i still think about it,almost everyday . I'm a huge Light/Kira fan...i could say my opinion about the ending,but i dont want to do spoilers ,but let's say that luck was the only thing that decided the end. I really feel that death note makes me think more about anything,and i feel like a genius wannabe...which is not a bad thing,if you dont exagerate.
    So yes...Go watch Death Note / School Days .

Most anime is horrible. The biggest offense is the lack of any real substance(contrary to the claims). Most of this is cultural and most of it is lost in the translation.

Thus people should learn to read, because dubs are an offense to both the english and the japanese language.

A lot of hard working fan subs are BETTER than the localized paid translation. Perhaps it is the love they have for their media.

The best animes are the ones that draw upon western cultural influences more than japanese. Cowboy bebop is a scifi Noir anime where the only japanese thing about it is the original voices. But the American dubbing was actually one of the few dubs to rival the japanese voice acting.

So I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about by giving you a big long list of animes.

If you are interested in getting into anime you will benefit more by taking an elitist stance being hyper critical of OVAs and premier episodes that do not meet strict standards. Otherwise you will get lost in a sea of fanboyism-serialization-marketing.

It's why I don't watch One Piece or Naruto, if they wanted me to watch their show they shouldn't have produced crap for their first few episodes.

Manga I can't even fathom where to begin. The whole industry contains millions of pages of masterfully drawn artwork, making it hard to discern crap from gold.

So judge for yourself,but be very very very picky. In the end people will forget the narutos and the Bleachs and the blade of the immortal and the lone wolf and cub will persist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    elfenlied is one anime I'll never watch in my whole life... I saw one scene to never again look at it...
    You should. You really, really should. It's a masterpiece... At least read the manga!

Don't judge a book by it's (bloody) cover!

I saw the Gundam 00 movie yesterday and was rather astounded by the ending, or in my opinion the lack of one. Has anyone seen it and how do they feel about an extreme symbolic end with little substance?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin View Post
    I checked out Beelzebub and my one overwhelming thought while watching it was, "someone needs to get that baby a diaper... or something!"

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    I saw the Gundam 00 movie yesterday and was rather astounded by the ending, or in my opinion the lack of one. Has anyone seen it and how do they feel about an extreme symbolic end with little substance?
    Its really the same as they did in the previous cases of Gundam 00; leaving a opening for further additions but without any confirmed "yes theres a sequal!", it kind of got stuck with the 00.

I decided to give Gosick a try while waiting on some of the other anime out there to come out. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    Decided to pick it up aswell, looks promesing atleast.

Onii-chan no Koto just hit. The art style is a bit off from the norm but that's fine IMO. Should be interesting to watch.
    Actually took a peek into the series and despite its title...well it made me frow an eyebrown at the titel, after 1 episode....aswell as wanting to readjust the bones in the characters bodies (i draw and when it comes to drawing in picky >.>) will stick to it and decide around ep 3-4 if its worth sticking with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    So judge for yourself,but be very very very picky. In the end people will forget the narutos and the Bleachs and the blade of the immortal and the lone wolf and cub will persist.
    Picky yes, but if your too picky you wont know if what you just threw away was gold or another piece of copper. Stick your eyes in there, read/watch then judge. Whats the worst that could happen? And btw the narutards wont go away for years, its rooted in way more than most other series...expect it to last a few years after it finish publishing.

dont care much anime but some of thefew i enjoy were trigun and gundam wing

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Haven't vitrually all endings of sunrise animes been this way?