Thread: Reg DPS okay?

Reg DPS okay?

Hey guys, I'm currently doing regs to get gear for heroics. I'm new to Feral DPS this expansion (used to be Resto), and I was wondering if I'm pulling the right amount of DPS for Normal dungeons. I'm in 328il. and pulling 8-8.4k dps on boss fights. I usually open with FC, Ravage, SR at 1 cp, TF, Shred till 5 cp for SR, then apply bleeds & mangle for 5 cp Rip.

Is there anything I can do to improve my DPS? or is just fine?

Armory - (Can't seem to post a link, getting an error)

I'm not a cat expert but that opening feels wrong. You should put up bleeds with TF up and put them up as early as you can. So I'd replace that 5 cp SR with Rip if i were you. Something like FC -> Ravage -> Mangle -> Shred -> TF -> Rake -> Shred -> Rip then go from there. I'm sure this is covered somewhere in stickies but this is what I do on my feral alt (no SR yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    The opener is FC > FFF in transit > Mangle > SR > Shred > TF > Rake > Ravage > Shred if not at 5 CP > Rip

This should allow you to get all your bleeds on the target with the 15% bonus and allow your ravage to take advantage of the bonus as well. If you are wondering more about cats, check out the guide Mihir made.

I would say FC > FFF > Mangle > Shred > TF > Rake > Ravage > Rip if you are at 5cp, else Shred until you are there > Shred > SR

I have no math to prove it, but getting you bleeds up asap before SR and ofc with the TF bonus seems like more dps in my mind..
    Havent read the stickie in a while tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    I would say FC > FFF > Mangle > Shred > TF > Rake > Ravage > Rip if you are at 5cp, else Shred until you are there > Shred > SR

I have no math to prove it, but getting you bleeds up asap before SR and ofc with the TF bonus seems like more dps in my mind..
    Havent read the stickie in a while tho
    Yeah, i've read a couple of stickies, and this seems to be the best opener. I'm now able to top 11k openers.

I can see that the Cat guide disagres with me
    But i think the dps difference is very small and it might just be a preference choice..

Deleted
    I tend to start like this

FC ->FFF (if noone else does it)/pounce (if starting a bossfight - for the bleed) -> mangle -> shred -> TF ->

if 5pc = true
    then (rip)
    else (ravage)

then rake (while still having a second or 2 on TF) and SR

That way I have 3 bleeds on target, 2 of them with 15% TF dmg and applying rake after that gets me combo points for at least 21 seconds of Savage Roar

(sorry for pseudo-code )
    Last edited by mmoca59850ae6f; 2011-01-09 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    I tend to start like this

FC ->FFF (if noone else does it)/pounce (if starting a bossfight - for the bleed) -> mangle -> shred -> TF ->
    {
    if 5pc = true
    then (rip)
    else (ravage)
    }
    Pounce after FFF? How will you pull that of out of stealth?
    And where is your rake ? :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    Pounce after FFF? How will you pull that of out of stealth?
    And where is your rake ? :S
    Well Pounce only if I manage to start the fight stealthed, which isn't really always possible I believe. And thus far I FFF after pouncing. For the rake check the edited post, damn message got sent before I finished writing it

(Come on Chaaarlieeeee!)