Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    It's illegal for an idiotic reason, I'll give you that. I wouldn't say we should legalize it because of the money, I would say that a person should be able to to do anything they want to themselves if it in no way affects another person physically. The law shouldn't have the power to tell me what I can and can't put into my body. If i enjoy getting high or drunk thats my right, if someone were to get hurt while I was on some substance then it would be my fault not the substances.

As for driving while high:
    http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/...g_when_youre_h

Also if it is a benefit to the individual and really has no deficit to others, why should it be considered bad?
    Why should it be considered bad? Because despite what you say i know plenty of people that can barely walk in a straight line while driving high let alone drive a car. I wish i understood half of what that article said seeing how it claims to say that those who drink alcohol don't try to compensate for their slow reaction times... even though i know for a fact that when driving intoxicated you do do exactly that. Driving high isn't productive, it doesn't make you a better driver. It is not your right as a person by any means to do whatever you want, by your logic it is your right to set something on fire, it is your right to go kill something. You are wrong, those are not your rights. If you can name 3 good reasons as to why weed should be legalized, and how it would have GOOD effects on society then sure i'll agree with you, other than the fact that it will produce revenue.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-01-09 at 08:56 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agamedes View Post
    never smoked, never will...

But that doesn't mean I don't want weed to be legalized... On the contrary, I want it to be perfectly legal suicide isn't a crime, and if you want to kill yourself slowly (and, let's face it, with a lot of pleasure), well, you should be free to do so

making weed illegal is just stupid IMHO, and, what's worse, government spends a LOT of money on monitoring people and not letting them get high too, money that could be spent on important stuff, not this stupid sh*t...

weed should be legal, and that's a fact
    Well, you can't die from smoking weed. And your intoxicated much less when you're high than when you're drunk. Legalizzze!

Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCrowdedWest- View Post
    Well, you can't die from smoking weed. And your intoxicated much less when you're high than when you're drunk. Legalizzze!
    even if you could die from it, it still should have been legalized

I truly have yet to hear an actual, solid (read: not stupid as hell) opinion, why weed should be illegal...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I don't think you relize how much pot that is. That's nearly six and a half joints a day, everyday for 11 years. That would cost a lot of money, 2 buds equaling a single joint (10$) comes out to 60+ dollars a day. Anyone who would spend that much money on pot every day for that long deserves to die. A average pot smoker that smokes every single day would smoke maybe 1-2 joints a day at max, shared between him and several friends. I'm not trying to disprove you, I'm simply showing how hard and cost-worthy it is to possably die from pot.
    Last edited by Bowz; 2011-01-09 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is wrong. It's impossible to overdose on marijuana ."However, if it takes you 3 'hits' of marijuana to intoxicate you, it would require 120,000 hits to kill you. Thus, it is virtually impossible to die of a marijuana overdose." You literally cannot breath in fast enough to smoke enough weed in a small enough time frame to kill you. I think it's something like 1,500 pounds in 15 minutes? If you don't know how much 1,500 pounds of weed would look like, let me tell you, that's one huge tower of ganja. One recorded death in 10,000 years? Or lets just say 110 years, considering 1900 to be the beginning of modern medical practices. Looks like a fluke to me. Cigarettes kill roughly the same amount of people every year as World War II killed every year...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    What about people with Stomach cancer, and are incapable of eating without it? What about people with severe stomach issues, are are incappable of eating without it? My mother cannot survive without marijuana, she can't physically eat. Her doctor told her to stay on weed, but he isn't alloud to actually perscribe it because of the state I live in. Just because you're closed minded, you'd actually KILL other living people?

This is just not cool at all. Ignorance is worse then stupidity.

Weed has very good benefits, especially in the digestive track. People who report "the munchies" are generally people who actually have trouble eating, whether it be minor or not, or they notice it or not- they're generally people who don't eat enough for their body as is. Marijuana is truly a wonderful drug, both medical and recreational.
    1st. there are ppl with stomach issues that dont use weed. i knew this person who had no mucus lining on the walls of her stomach and was slowly digesting it away, never once used it. second when did i say something about it having negative effects?
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had to make a account just to post in this lol.... but umm im 17 ive been smoking weed since grade 7(13 years old) I smoke weed farley regulary, and i only drink rarely every cpl months or special occasion. I dont smoke cigs, cigars, or anything and smoke my weed straight and pure no additives or pinch or bongs or shit, just plain old joint. I have good marks in school, no issues with my family, they know i smoke weed. my dad told me hed rather me smoke weed then cigs. My family health doctor says im perfectly healthy, ive had xrays and everything, i can run laps for days, i bike,soccer,baseball,skate,dirtbike,skidoo. You here of people dieing on everything but weed. Youd pass out for a few hrs at worst. Some people are just dumb. as far as legalization, its so/so for me. but it would save our goverment alot of money for monitoring it and putting people in jail over it. where i live to get charged u must have over 10-14G about a half ounce or else they just take ur weed and ur name they dont even talk to your parents. I always hotbox my car and drive, ive yet to get in a accident or a ticket, i drive perfectly, actually stoned i drive better even my friends say, i concentrate more, i dont space out or anything, i dont smoke and drive or drink and drive. ill stop someone lowkey and blaze with a few buddies. my dad has called my car out on smelling like it a few times. he just tells me to be lowkey and not put no fartcan on my car as it draws attention.

Edit= You CANT die or overdose on weed, unless its laced even then youll just experience increase heartrate or anxiety(spelling?!). you could smoke a garbage worth. ur just gona pass out and wake up hungry enough to eat the entire house more then likely lol floorboards and all. and i dont waste my money. i have about 3700$ in bank which for my age is good considering im done school in 4 months, have my own car,skidoo,dirtbike, and a 1500$ pedal bike. i also have a job and dont missshow for work or get stoned at work. and i also dont smoke weed at school. im not stupid with it. just weekends with buddies. its alot cheaper for me to get stoned then drunk also. money just leaves my wallet when i go drinking i dont even know where or how half the time.
    Last edited by Jbgough123; 2011-01-09 at 09:17 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, TCH does not stay in the brain for very long. An hour and a half on average, unless you're smoking some top of the line shit, which the max is about 2.5 hours. It stays in your system for so long because it's stored in your fatty tissues, where it has no effect. Ugh, I probably need to quit posting so much.. Heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    and you ignore the facts yourself...

facts speak for themselves: they also say it induces physcosises and other stuff - ive written this and why numerous time, i wont bother as it will just be ignored as it does not fit into ppls minds...
    You are such a hypocrite.
    I posted a wall of text, of medical studies, showing that a) you're wrong, and b) everything from cough syrup to cancer medication causes the same 'psychoses' (that is the plural form of psychosis, by the way), the definition of which ranges anywhere from experiencing a difficult time maintaining a train of thought, to the 'psychedelic' effect of altered perception of reality.

Doctors who TEACH biology, say you're wrong. I don't care if you say you're studying it. It appears you have a lot to learn.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a cpl piss test's dont befor like 12-13 days after smoking weed and its normally out of my system without excessive drinking liquids or eating. also you dont see people fighting and shit on streets stoned. because everyone is mellowed out and just having a good time. go to broadway 12 at night and all you see if drunk idiots yelling at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Why should it be considered bad? Because despite what you say i know plenty of people that can barely walk in a straight line while driving high let alone drive a car. I wish i understood half of what that article said seeing how it claims to say that those who drink alcohol don't try to compensate for their slow reaction times... even though i know for a fact that when driving intoxicated you do do exactly that. Driving high isn't productive, it doesn't make you a better driver. It is not your right as a person by any means to do whatever you want, by your logic it is your right to set something on fire, it is your right to go kill something. You are wrong, those are not your rights. If you can name 3 good reasons as to why weed should be legalized, and how it would have GOOD effects on society then sure i'll agree with you, other than the fact that it will produce revenue.
    No. I did not say "It is your right as a person by any means to do whatever you want", I said it is your right do whatever you want AS LONG AS it harms no one but yourself, its your right to put whatever it is that you wish into your body and mind. Even if it does impair my ability to drive, that has nothing to do with whether or not I should have the right to smoke weed. If I was to kill someone with my car while high I wouldn't blame the drug, I would have to blame myself because it was my decision, you can blame the weed about as much as you can blame the car.

Why does it have to have good effects on society? If it doesn't really effect society why is it illegal? It hardly effects society at all, but for the person weed can provide stress relief and happiness.

seems like i cant post my views about this topic

Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCrowdedWest- View Post
    Also, TCH does not stay in the brain for very long. An hour and a half on average, unless you're smoking some top of the line shit, which the max is about 2.5 hours. It stays in your system for so long because it's stored in your fatty tissues, where it has no effect. Ugh, I probably need to quit posting so much.. Heh.
    how fast it leaves your brain depends on how much is ingested...

I'd just like to say, that I really appreciate how long this discussion has been allowed to continue on this forum.
    That appreciation extends to both members of the community for staying relatively argumentative and point based, and also to the mods for moderating, and to the high ups for letting the discussion continue.

Those appreciations being extended, and noted as being the main reason for posting addition to this thread; I'd like to say that in a free society, total freedom is important. Total freedom while being a scary thought to some, is not an issue to be infused with trust; for in a community that does not express malice distrust is much transformed from current views of it as a concept. Currently malice is expressed by members of our society, and our government directed towards different aspects of interrelation, thus trust and the questioning of trust becomes something we rely on for safety.

This concept stems laws and regulations.

Total trust stems total knowledge, something only imagined.

Anyway different tangent: Currently as an illegal substance marijuana and other drugs incur more damage to society then they would if legalized. Drug related crime is a huge tax on our society, when it could provide revenue and relief.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agamedes View Post
    never smoked, never will...

But that doesn't mean I don't want weed to be legalized... On the contrary, I want it to be perfectly legal suicide isn't a crime, and if you want to kill yourself slowly (and, let's face it, with a lot of pleasure), well, you should be free to do so

making weed illegal is just stupid IMHO, and, what's worse, government spends a LOT of money on monitoring people and not letting them get high too, money that could be spent on important stuff, not this stupid sh*t...

weed should be legal, and that's a fact
    Plus, banning any form of drug or any other product for that matter, will push said product into the underground where dealers on streetcorners have monopoly over the drug trafficking in your country. Making it illegal means supply goes down, but demands stay up and people go to unregulated sources for their fix or product. Legalize it so you can control it and tax it but most of all REGULATE it seems like the only logical option here..if you can't beat them, join them.

Well, I for one have always been against it. I don't smoke, don't drink and don't do any drugs at all.(seriously, my doctor hates me because I refuse medication)

I see no reason at all for anyone to do it. Some people say it makes them happy. If your life is so messed up, you need to turn to illegal methods of staying content, so see a therapist. Probably cheaper in the long run anyway. I've seen family members lose it all because they didn't care anymore. My cousin lost his daughter because weed was too important to him.

I honestly don't care if you guys do it, your choice, your life. But forgive me, I do believe you made a bad choice. My gf has tried it once, and claimed she didn't like it. She also knows I don't date stoners, and would be happy to separate from her for a bit because of it. I expect the people I love to make the right choices.

tl;dr I'm fine with you doing it if I don't know you. I think it's dumb. So is tobacco and alcohol, but that's another topic in itself.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    how fast it leaves your brain depends on how much is ingested...
    I know that, but do you know how much you would have to smoke for it to never leave your brain? And how much you would have to smoke for it to never leave your brain and to be harmful? It's not possible. You would probably have to never sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarFade View Post
    Plus, banning any form of drug or any other product for that matter, will push said product into the underground where dealers on streetcorners have monopoly over the drug trafficking in your country. Making it illegal means supply goes down, but demands stay up and people go to unregulated sources for their fix or product. Legalize it so you can control it and tax it but most of all REGULATE it seems like the only logical option here..if you can't beat them, join them.
    Legalization doesn't necessarily mean the underground market will be controlled or go away. Cigarettes here in Ontario are often purchased illegally by from native reserves to circumvent the taxes. Many, many people make the trips to these reserves to save money. The more they tax, the more this becomes a problem.

Gangs and suppliers who currently make their money trafficking marijuana will only move to something else to keep their income coming in.

everyone anti weed here keeps saying how smoking can cause lung cancer. well if you use a bong or eat it you wont have to worry about lung cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    everyone anti weed here keeps saying how smoking can cause lung cancer. well if you use a bong or eat it you wont have to worry about lung cancer!
    use a bong? its still inhalation, the same with vaporization(through a heat source)

but ur right about ingestion