Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Nefarian World First Kill, Archaeology Helper, MMO Report, Comics

Nefarian Heroic World First Kill by Paragon
    Paragon defeated Nefarian in Heroic mode a few hours ago and was the first guild in the world to achieve that! Congratulations to them for spending so much time and fur shampoo on that kill!

Addon Review - Archaeology Helper (by chaud)
    Archaeology Helper is the perfect compliment to Archy. It enables nodes to be displayed on a HUD using GatherMate2. You need both addons enabled to fully utilize ARH.

After installing the addons, you will first notice the addon toolbar that appears in the center of your screen. Click and drag anywhere on it that is not a button to reposition it. Mousing over each button or area will tell you what it does. Using ARH is simple, just survey and select the color you got after aiming your character in the same direction as the telescope is pointing. You can either use the buttons on the included toolbar or bind keys in the settings. Making sure not to move until after marking is important to increase the accuracy of the overlay zones.

Generally the fastest way to clear a digsite is starting at a randomly selected node on the off chance that you actually pick the right one. The fragment is very rarely on the red line when surveying, so pick a side close to where the red area starts and check for that fragment. When looking at the HUD, the red circle surrounding your player arrow shows approximately how far out you can find an object, make sure to stand on the center of known nodes as they are not positioned perfectly.

Here is a database that is more complete than any other I have found that includes data from Archy, GatherMate2Data, other people, and my own digging, it is still missing a few nodes from higher level Archaeology, so don't be surprised when you find one that isn't included by default. If you are running Archy alongside ARH, make sure to submit your Archy.lua file from SavedVariables to the author's website (after he fixes it) to increase the nodes in the database!

Below you can see the HUD overlay during a normal survey and an example three red survey results that lead directly to your fragment.

Download Links

The MMO Report
    It's monday, and it's time for the first MMO Report of 2011!

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #271 and Teh Gladiators #200 are out!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-01-10 at 02:16 AM.

Paragon will be the first to kill Deathwing :s.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations Paragon.

~Spazzer

Wonder what benefit Druids have for that fight that they want to stack them.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Wonder what benefit Druids have for that fight that they want to stack them.
    More than likely the alchemy potion that allows you to transform into a nearby character. Congratulations to Paragon.

Deleted
    Archaeology Helper looks like AVB (spelling?) or what was it called 2.0. The one they banned.

Deleted
    I'd say stacking tranqs for Phase 2 whilst nuking Nef (someone else mentioned this in the other topic). Gz either way, pretty insane :P

Paragon needs more Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Imachoirstarter View Post
    More than likely the alchemy potion that allows you to transform into a nearby character. Congratulations to Paragon.
    what potion is that?

Nope. If you check out their armory, you can see that all of the druids in that killshot really are level 85 druids in their guild. Must be something about the fight that led to them bringing 11 druids for the kill.

The Alchemy potion transforms you into another race... it does not allow you to go into bear form.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to Paragon.

No, they had 11 druids they used them for roots on adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    The Alchemy potion transforms you into another race... it does not allow you to go into bear form.
    That alchemy potion transforms you into a nearby ally if you're stood next to them. If they're in bear form, you'll turn into a bear.

Seems they were actual druids though, so it's pretty irrelevant.

That alchemy potion transforms you into a nearby ally if you're stood next to them. If they're in bear form, you'll turn into a bear.

Seems they were actual druids though, so it's pretty irrelevant.
    Yep

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/li...paragon/roster

Must be some crazy ass entangle strat :x

I wonder when Blizz will ban that addon

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Archaeology Helper looks like AVB (spelling?) or what was it called 2.0. The one they banned.
    That drew on the world, this is just a HUD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerzeja View Post
    I'd say stacking tranqs for Phase 2 whilst nuking Nef (someone else mentioned this in the other topic). Gz either way, pretty insane :P
    Priests also have same ohshit botton. Probably was for roots on adds. Don't see nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz Paragon, but 11 druids c'mon, i wanna see that video.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the line of bears dancing, i want to take that pic and put "Druid Nerf Incoming" as a caption...