Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyzilla View Post
    Your Chimaeron parse is 15491, you are fury.

My Chimaeron parse is 15684, I'm arms.

Man that's weird.
    yes lets take the fight where you have a 75% hit rating debuff that gets put on you randomly as a comparison thats a great idea for fury vs arms...

are you seriously that retarded? why would any one compare DPS of any kind on a fight like that?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=88916

Caustic Slime
    Chance to hit with attacks and spells reduced by 75%.
    Last edited by Evirx; 2011-01-03 at 04:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.

Awesome guide and grats on the win. I decided to level my warrior as an alt this Xpac, but he is quickly becoming my main again. I was redoing some macros and decided to copy/paste some from here and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Loto Bordeaux View Post
    Spell Reflect
    #showtooltip Spell Reflect
    /equipslot 16 _____ _____ = Name of One-Hand Weapon
    /equipslot 17 _____ _____ = Name of Shield
    /cast Spell Reflect
    The proper name for the spell is "Spell Reflection". Without it, this macro will not work.
    Thanks again for the effort you put into this.

<---13k dps in arms w/o raid gear. No offence bro but those 2 arms specs are trash. The second one has stuff that will screw up CC and the other has things that just make your shouts up more often. Also mastery is better than crit, Its too hard to stack crit to a relavent number and the more mastery you have the more rage gen you have as well as the fact Colossus smash has way more uptime.

Good lay out tho but work on your number calculations for your theory craft bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyy View Post
    <---13k dps in arms w/o raid gear. No offence bro but those 2 arms specs are trash. The second one has stuff that will screw up CC and the other has things that just make your shouts up more often. Also mastery is better than crit, Its too hard to stack crit to a relavent number and the more mastery you have the more rage gen you have as well as the fact Colossus smash has way more uptime.

Good lay out tho but work on your number calculations for your theory craft bro.
    Last I checked, Opportunity Strikes does not cause for extra rage generation as they are considered a special attack, also removes the chance of glancings.

Mastery and crit is quite equal for arms.

[EDIT]'Cause I can I just checked on the dummies to be sure, and OS does indeed give zero rage.
    Last edited by mmoc1256561eea; 2011-01-03 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    'Cause I can I just checked on the dummies to be sure, and OS does indeed give zero rage.
    I wouldn't have bothered. You knew he was going to be wrong because he said "bro" 3 times in his post.
    Don't hate the player, learn to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrage View Post
    I wouldn't have bothered. You knew he was going to be wrong because he said "bro" 3 times in his post.
    Meh, took me the grand total of 55seconds to check, counting traveltime and double checkin'.

Small price to pay for absolute certainty!

Deleted
    Very well written, extremely helpful guide.
    Would only point out (as the rest was already said by previous posters) the Intimidating Shout Glyph, as it can be usefull in 5 man content at least, and its a minor glyph, so it can easily overwrite any other.

Cheers, and keep the updates coming :]

Quote Originally Posted by Tremulant887 View Post
    Awesome guide and grats on the win. I decided to level my warrior as an alt this Xpac, but he is quickly becoming my main again. I was redoing some macros and decided to copy/paste some from here and found this:

The proper name for the spell is "Spell Reflection". Without it, this macro will not work.
    Thanks again for the effort you put into this.
    I personally use an equipset in the macro because I have a few macros to equip sword/shield only and then you only need to change the set rather than every macro. I've also heard the argument that the equipset macro is faster due to less information needing to be sent to the server (1 equipset vs 2 items) but I don't know if there's any truth to that.
    Last edited by Matsujinn; 2011-01-03 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Stat Prioritization:* Strength>8% Hit>26 Expertise>Critical Rating>or=Mastery>Haste (Never use haste, reforge away unavoidable haste)

Expertise is useless for an arms warrior. More overpowers if you get dodged, and no parries from behind boss.

8% Hit>Strength>Critical Strike Rating>Mastery=Expertise>Haste

---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 11:30 AM ----------

To back up my statement, also, http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=5730.0

Hopefully I can link. This is Klinda, he's a top warrior. Kay?
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrath View Post
    *Stat Prioritization:* Strength>8% Hit>26 Expertise>Critical Rating>or=Mastery>Haste (Never use haste, reforge away unavoidable haste)

Expertise is useless for an arms warrior. More overpowers if you get dodged, and no parries from behind boss.

To back up my statement, also, http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=5730.0

At the risk of sounding like a complete ass, I don't give a rats ass if he's the warrior designer himself. Back the shit up with math, and sure I'd agree.

However I am personally kinda titled towards the idea of "ignoring" expertise as a stat, due to just how much damage overpower really does.

He also didn't write that guide, stop giving credit where it's not due.

He even said at the top of the post that it was copied from EJ.
    Don't hate the player, learn to play.

I'm not even joking when I say this is the very best guide that I have ever read, of anything, hands-down.

Seriously man, good job and thank you. I've never seen so much information and organization!

10+ Year Old Account
    nice written guide
    but found another mistake:

Quote Originally Posted by Loto Bordeaux
    IIc. Professions and Benefits:
    Herbalism: Allows the use of max ranked Lifeblood at 525 skill, performing a slight HoT and increasing haste by 240 for 20 seconds.
    it gives 480haste at lvl 85 not 240
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Great guide, im loving arms ATM.

And why haven't this post been Stickyed?????

Quote Originally Posted by Elrath View Post

To back up my statement, also, x

Not necessarily true. Having your CS and MS dodged and put on CD aren't worth the extra overpower you get.

Deleted
    Spell Reflect
    #showtooltip Spell Reflect
    /cast Spell Reflect

Shield Bash
    #showtooltip Shield Bash
    /stopattack
    /cast Shield Bash

*Although Shield Bash warrents very little useage, if any at all now that Pummel is useable in Battle Stance, I choose to keybind this macro in the off chance I have a shield equipped or have to jump into Defensive Stance (whether be it for Shield Wall or another cause). Most likely will never be used in a raid environment, however it is best to be safe.*

Shield Wall
    #showtooltip Shield Wall
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /cast Shield Wall
    Here is some stuff to make your macro's a better without Equipment bug's.

The best way to switch Equipment in & out of Combat is to use the Blizzard Equippment tool.

Just save your PvE - EQ Set to Blizzard Equipment Tool with a Variable name like "pve off", then use the same EQ instead a Two hand , u now EQ One Hand & Shield but watch out that only the Weapons are different of the 2 EQ Sets, then save it to another Variable like "pve off def".

Now your able to use the B-EQ macro that switch your EQ without Delay!

Shows like this :

/equipset [equipped:shield] pve off ; [equipped:Two-Hand] pve off def

or if u want to make it directly, 2- way macro like this one :

/equipset [equipped:Two-Hand] pve off def
    /cast [equipped:Shield] Spell Reflect;

and an extra Break macro :

/cast [equipped:shield] Shield Bash; [equipped:Two-Hand] Pummel

I use the B-EQ tool often in Arena cuz theres no delay and thats nice to avoid Equipment lags^^

New meta gems! And the requirements for old meta gems have been altered as well. I'm guessing we should now all be socketing the Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), requirement of 3 red gems to be equipped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingDeath View Post
    New meta gems! And the requirements for old meta gems have been altered as well. I'm guessing we should now all be socketing the Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), requirement of 3 red gems to be equipped?
    I was wondering about this as well, with the changes do we want reverberating or back to chaotic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Landslide is hideously expensive due to the Maelstrom Crystal requirements. What enchant should I use if I cannot yet afford it/don't have a weapon I want to blow that much money on?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    I was wondering about this as well, with the changes do we want reverberating or back to chaotic?
    Strength > all secondary stats. Assuming the new metas have a value of 54 STR and 3% critical damage, it will be better than the chaotic.