Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Great post ^^

Deleted
    Cool Stuff, thanks.

Deleted
    /Agree
    Now let's hope it will make a difference.

Deleted
    Best single guide for everyone for the cata. I posted link to this in our guilds website as soon as I saw this. Don't know did people read it for real but it is their loss if they didn't.

I rarely post on forums these days and I am aware my personal opinion doesn't matter to many but I feel the need to post after reading the OP and some replies. Also I cannot comment on the difficulty of Vanilla raids as I was lvl 59 the day wrath launched, BC however was my prime time, and NO I did not kill LK not even with the 30% buff because wrath was so dissatisfying that I didn't stick around past Ulda progression and I returned 2 weeks before cata launched. Yes you can argue that I don't really know what wrath was like but I do enough to know that it didn't really get any better.

My comments are not meant to be insults towards any particular person just some observations in my time back in WoW some people are still very good and some people are still very bad but my points are focused on average players. Not the elite. If your here only to discuss the elite factors of the game, perhaps Elitist Jerks is the forum you should be posting on.

1. Wrath was not as difficult as BC as a whole, yes there were fun fights and some were difficult but it was nothing that BC and I suspect Vanilla was. Gear was too easy to get, it was not needed to actually work hard for any of it, and once you had it much of the content was mediocre at best. If you consider 5 mans, Wrath ones were basically a joke, BC's were much harder and stayed harder for a period of time. Like does anyone remember their first H Shattered Halls run that they may have been under geared for? Because I sure do, no single Wrath fight has left a lasting impression on me as fights did in BC.

2. To all of those who are upset at the "Wrath Player" references i think the OP was clear that it wasn't a personal shot at anyone nor was it a claim that only players who started in Wrath are bad, I agree with the OP Wrath made most players, veterans and the like rusty and complacent. Even those who know how to be good got rusty because the skills needed to excel were not often needed.

3. All of those preaching that this is common sense and people who play shouldn't need to read it, I sadly disagree. I have been pugging everything, by choice actually as both dps and heals, and it’s pretty clear that the majority of the population has forgotten these basic points of play. Dps stands in fire, tanks think they are gods and refuse to admit their restrictions, and healers are not mindful of their own restrictions. And above all that I have found that decency and respect for others seems to be at an all time low when dealing with people you are not forced to be nice to via guild affiliations. There are real people behind those avatars and regardless of their skill being rude and rageful makes you a VERY undesirable player, you are probably not as good as you think you are and you are definitely not perfect, unless you are in Vodka or Ensidia or something like that, then you may be as good as you think you are.

4. Finally, to the tanks claiming they and only they should lead the group. Yes someone needs to lead it and I agree that the tank is best if he is able. BUT make no mistake you do not own me or anyone else in the group, and do not forget that we have ran this as many times as you have. I (and many others including dps) are capable of marking and explaining pulls, your short Q times and role don't make you indispensable. Yes DPS has long Q times but they always have and they have become patient with it, and frankly healer Q times are just about as short as yours. So go ahead, lead the group, but don't be a jerk about it, we are as smart as you so try not to forget that.

This was of course longer than I truly wanted it to be, but hey if you’re not going to post often do it right when you do. I truly hope that Cata is hard, that there is content for everyone from the average to the very elite. So far I am happy, other than having few new instances to choose from, I hope it holds out the way it is.

We should have at least one 40-man raid. So, as to help people learn or re-learn their classes/toons. Myself, do actually miss the 40 man raids. So glad that we got some old play styles back from Nilla into Cata. We needed it. The game had gotten a bit easy for my tastes. Hope Blizz can keep it going.

Deleted
    40 man was too much chaosand lag, even 25 is over the top. 10 man raiding is fun though. Less resources available, more friendly communication with players who aren't just point grabbers.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus3869 View Post
    I rarely post on forums these days and I am aware my personal opinion doesn't matter to many but I feel the need to post after reading the OP and some replies. Also I cannot comment on the difficulty of Vanilla raids as I was lvl 59 the day wrath launched, BC however was my prime time, and NO I did not kill LK not even with the 30% buff because wrath was so dissatisfying that I didn't stick around past Ulda progression and I returned 2 weeks before cata launched. Yes you can argue that I don't really know what wrath was like but I do enough to know that it didn't really get any better.

My comments are not meant to be insults towards any particular person just some observations in my time back in WoW some people are still very good and some people are still very bad but my points are focused on average players. Not the elite. If your here only to discuss the elite factors of the game, perhaps Elitist Jerks is the forum you should be posting on.

1. Wrath was not as difficult as BC as a whole, yes there were fun fights and some were difficult but it was nothing that BC and I suspect Vanilla was. Gear was too easy to get, it was not needed to actually work hard for any of it, and once you had it much of the content was mediocre at best. If you consider 5 mans, Wrath ones were basically a joke, BC's were much harder and stayed harder for a period of time. Like does anyone remember their first H Shattered Halls run that they may have been under geared for? Because I sure do, no single Wrath fight has left a lasting impression on me as fights did in BC.

2. To all of those who are upset at the "Wrath Player" references i think the OP was clear that it wasn't a personal shot at anyone nor was it a claim that only players who started in Wrath are bad, I agree with the OP Wrath made most players, veterans and the like rusty and complacent. Even those who know how to be good got rusty because the skills needed to excel were not often needed.

3. All of those preaching that this is common sense and people who play shouldn't need to read it, I sadly disagree. I have been pugging everything, by choice actually as both dps and heals, and it’s pretty clear that the majority of the population has forgotten these basic points of play. Dps stands in fire, tanks think they are gods and refuse to admit their restrictions, and healers are not mindful of their own restrictions. And above all that I have found that decency and respect for others seems to be at an all time low when dealing with people you are not forced to be nice to via guild affiliations. There are real people behind those avatars and regardless of their skill being rude and rageful makes you a VERY undesirable player, you are probably not as good as you think you are and you are definitely not perfect, unless you are in Vodka or Ensidia or something like that, then you may be as good as you think you are.

4. Finally, to the tanks claiming they and only they should lead the group. Yes someone needs to lead it and I agree that the tank is best if he is able. BUT make no mistake you do not own me or anyone else in the group, and do not forget that we have ran this as many times as you have. I (and many others including dps) are capable of marking and explaining pulls, your short Q times and role don't make you indispensable. Yes DPS has long Q times but they always have and they have become patient with it, and frankly healer Q times are just about as short as yours. So go ahead, lead the group, but don't be a jerk about it, we are as smart as you so try not to forget that.

This was of course longer than I truly wanted it to be, but hey if you’re not going to post often do it right when you do. I truly hope that Cata is hard, that there is content for everyone from the average to the very elite. So far I am happy, other than having few new instances to choose from, I hope it holds out the way it is.
    Could NOT have said that better myself.

40 mans shouldnt be such chaos now-a-days, as with so many people playing and such. Should be easy to find 40 peeps to run a 40 man. Just hope they know their roles. lol. Lag shouldnt be a problem anylonger as well. The newer systems ( computers ) have plenty of power/memory, etc to pull it off. As long as the ISP is good and with decent speeds. Anything less than 5mbps wouldnt work well. But since most cable companies changing over to fiber although most people still have cat5/6 cables wired in house should pull off over 10mbps. Or just swap over to fiber. It's just as cheap as cable companies fee's.

i dont think alot of players read this, sadly.

good read.

Deleted
    I started playing Wow just as WOLK was being released and have to agree its much harder atm than before, however as my Gear gets better Im sure things will get easier. I am an 'Eve Online Vet' and i have to say peolple playing Wow are no different with the so called Elite and the 'others'.
    It would be nice to see Guilds advertising 'Teaching Guilds' cos all i see is adverts saying you should know everything before you join or at the other end Guilds that dont actually do anything together. In Eve we would get together on Vent or Teamspeak and go through things together and learn how to overcome a challange. all i see here are people slagging Noobs with only a handfull offering any help.
    Didnt we all start somewhere and we must have all been crap at the beginning.
    So my question is: Are there any Guilds out there that teach and offer constructive criticism and guidence or is it just 'Suck it and See ?
    Last edited by mmoc0baa0d7d2b; 2011-01-17 at 03:47 PM.

Well that is games :P You got the scrubs, nubs, pro's, leetest and the random guy.... oh and how could I forget the "Go" guy
    \

Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    i dont think alot of players read this, sadly.

good read.
    probably because it sounds like what your typical elitist person who played before wrath would put.if i remember right to,i remember a thread kinda like this but it didnt have wrath player as the title.it had wrath babies or somethin

Nobody is perfect at this game, nor anywhere in their life. Those who think so are wrong. This post is a great refresh for anyone. Just take what you want, and leave the rest .

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    very well written, sending this to some of my friends who are just starting up and still noobish

10+ Year Old Account
    I do know a couple of players in my guild who started in Wrath and are great at Cata.

Tanks, healers, DPSers. And I know a couple of people who still suck after playing since Vanilla or BC.

There are good and bad from every "generation". No need to discriminate on players who started in one specific expansion.

But I do enjoy the OP's post. Quite insightful.
    If you don't mind, I want to steal it (give credit of course to you) and go post it up on my guild's site?

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 04:15 PM ----------

I would also like to agree with the "Cleanse" portion of your post. Although I'm new to healing (been a mage since late Vanilla and just re-rolled Shaman for heals/enhancement spec - which is more awesome than fire or arcane imo) I have noticed that many other healers don't dispel or decurse debuffs from players. Nor do other players, like DPS, with these abilities as well.

I always cleanse whenever a magic/curse debuff is put up even when DPSing. But especially when healing. I'd rather get rid of the source of the damage before it does even greater damage, which means more heals, which means more mana wasted on something that could've been removed in the first place.

Nice post. I came in Wotlk so I will be sure to follow this even though ive got a WAY better understanding so far as cataclysm was released 1-2months ago. Thanks much appreciated :P

Very awesome post. Educated me on a few things I seriously didn't know.
    There are no WoW killers, only WoW alternatives.

I am Hunter - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like #7 in the Damage Dealers section. Just last night my wife, running her draenei shaman as enhancement, was in a 5 man when the tank went down and just a few seconds later the healer died as well. Without missing a beat, my wife popped her earth elemental to tank and she picked up heals. They downed the boss.

This is an extreme example but it proves that one player stepping up can be the difference in a wipe or successful encounter.

Am new to Healing for Cata Heroics.
    Just got to the ilevel 329 and it can be very difficult. So have been slowly working on getting to 346.
    Mostly since justice points are easy to get now.
    Received a bunch of negativity (people telling me to jump off cliffs for example).
    Just learned about "Set focus" a couple weeks ago, so am always using it on tank.
    Tried out Deadly Boss, and it does give hints on what to do and the CD of abilities.

Would the 352 blue pvp gear be viable? With it's ability and int boosting.
    The Set Bonuses seem nicer then some of the 346 gear from Justice points, Cata rep and Heroic drops.
    Though the 352 gear isn't on the pre-raid gear list caused some concern.

Any more Healing hints?
    Hoping to get more confidence in normal before going back to Heroics.