Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    LoL, evry1 is liek a fun time durid!

eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/lightnings-blade/paragon/roster#class=druid

They are all druids, look at the names on the SS vs the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapidation View Post
    Where do you import that database on the front page to? I imported it into gathermate2 and there were no nodes that popped up.
    That database needs to go in to your specific account folder, not the normal addons folder.
    ie. /WTF/Account/accntname/realm/character/SavedVariables

They weren't showing up on mine until I put GatherMate2.lua file in that particular folder.

And btw, if you have over-written the GatherMate2.lua file in the normal /Interface/AddOns/GatherMate2 folder, then re-install the addon so that it puts the original GatherMate2.lua back in there.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by PanterA; 2011-01-10 at 11:08 PM.
    PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrot View Post
    I still havent seen a kill with all of 1 class, IM WAITING!
    25m Magtheridon with all druids, look it up.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

"They do not balance classes around Paragon, they balance them around average guilds, like mine.."

Hence the part that reads "as it will result in other guilds using the same strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by Diivil View Post
    We really did have 11 druids. All their armorys have been linked to this very thread where you can see that all of them have the achievement.
    You're assuming that they not only read all the posts before their own, but that they also aren't just trying to keep the Troll'in Roll'in.

My guess would be they are just trying to "stir the pot", as we used to say.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Good job you killed a dragon... now go outside.

If it made it easier to them it will make it easier for casuals as well, otherwise the overly skilled paragon wouldnt have used the strat.

I personally dont care how they did it, the goal is to beat the boss. Its blizzards job make sure stuff like this doesnt happen.

This and other similar events are only proof that wow needs real beta testers, not players who find tricks to help them personally when the game is released.

Grats to paragon you killed him, thats the bottom line

Nef was the one killed, not you guys, why you whining more than he is? Hehe
    Last edited by Chadwixx; 2011-01-11 at 01:28 AM.

pretty sure they cycloned the adds.

Why they brought 11 Druids.

During the Heroic Nefarian encounter 5 people get Mind Controlled and build up a debuff that makes your next attack do 2500% (?) more damage. The Feral ability, Rip, takes advantage of that by having all of it's ticks increased by the 2500%. So Rip ticks for 500,000+ for it's entire duration. That + Tranquility being OP for Electrocute is why they brought them. Eventually Rip should be fixed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 04:54 AM ----------

It was NOT because of Cyclone or CC. See above.
    Last edited by G l o w y r m; 2011-01-11 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posi View Post
    Why isn't it relevant? My point is that Druids can replace any other class making the use of more of them not uncommon. You can have four druids in one raid focusing on four different types of gear because of this difference; it's the same as having a rogue, hunter, holy priest and prot paladin. They're different "classes" or "specs" depending on your opinion/views that bring different abilities to the raid.

It's hardly the same as stacking say 10 mages or rogues.

EDIT: I would also hope Blizzard sees it this way as well because that was their own design of the class and must have considered that possibility.
    Except outside of trinkets they only use 2 types of gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwixx View Post
    If it made it easier to them it will make it easier for casuals as well, otherwise the overly skilled paragon wouldnt have used the strat.

I personally dont care how they did it, the goal is to beat the boss. Its blizzards job make sure stuff like this doesnt happen.

This and other similar events are only proof that wow needs real beta testers, not players who find tricks to help them personally when the game is released.

Grats to paragon you killed him, thats the bottom line

Nef was the one killed, not you guys, why you whining more than he is? Hehe
    This has been going on since day 1 WoW release on world firsts. 15 soulstones, 11 druids etc.

99% of casuals can't even do heroics yet, they won't see normal nef until T12 and even further for anything heroic. There are still boatloads of full 346 85's trying to kill HLK.

And don't expect nerfs inc due to this, as stated before every world first kill has used one gimmick or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Wonder what benefit Druids have for that fight that they want to stack them.
    Bring the Druid not the Class.

This is same as the first anub kills were, ppl used paladins to perma control the adds and killed him or first kill of Hodir where Ensidia used the flowers from Freya to boost their mages dmg. So its not anything bad, just a mistake made by blizzard that ppl used into their own benefit and that will be hotfixed soon like anub/hodir were.

Also it has nothing to do with druids beeing out of balance, its about blizzard making a flawed encounter with a mechanic that wasnt tested out and by doing so leaving room for ppl to use that mechanic on world first kills in the way it wasnt ment to be.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2011-01-11 at 01:36 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    During the Heroic Nefarian encounter 5 people get Mind Controlled and build up a debuff that makes your next attack do 2500% (?) more damage. The Feral ability, Rip, takes advantage of that by having all of it's ticks increased by the 2500%. So Rip ticks for 500,000+ for it's entire duration. That + Tranquility being OP for Electrocute is why they brought them. Eventually Rip should be fixed.
    So another World first using a 'clever use of game mechanics'.... congratz...

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    I want to make it clear I am 99.9999% sure that they did not have that many druids if they do I take it back however I sniff Potion of Illusion.... Yummy.

Potion of Illusion, More Bearz!

~Spazzer
    go look at the armory for them...they used 11 druids.

gratz Paragon

The day Blizzard start to design and properly test their encounters so that they don't rely on certain classes will literally be the end of the world.

Epic addon that arch!

Quote Originally Posted by PanterA View Post
    That database needs to go in to your specific account folder, not the normal addons folder.
    ie. /WTF/Account/accntname/realm/character/SavedVariables

They weren't showing up on mine until I put GatherMate2.lua file in that particular folder.

And btw, if you have over-written the GatherMate2.lua file in the normal /Interface/AddOns/GatherMate2 folder, then re-install the addon so that it puts the original GatherMate2.lua back in there.

Hope this helps.
    thank you!
    Today, I realised I know the map on World of Warcraft better than the map of my own country. FML

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Wonder what benefit Druids have for that fight that they want to stack them.
    Nef gives a buff during the fight and I would imagine they cashed in on the bleeds feral druids get.