Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Prayer of Healing NERF (Non-Official)

"Prayer of Healing base healing reduced by 15%, from 3633 - 3838 to 3087 - 3262."

NNOOOOOO!!

Well let's hope they buff something else like PoM or CoH. I know this is probably due to scaling of the spell through the tiers but this is going to hurt fresh level 85 priests a lot!

Yes im very suprised that Circle of Healing and Holy Word: Sanctuary have not seen any buffs, it would justify the lightwell and prayer of healing nerf more but as of right now this saddens me.

LW gets a nerf too, PoM gets a light buff with the glpyh, I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of Priest QQs on the forums now. It seems to be how blizzard treats priest, they make them underpowered, buff them a little to make them good then nerf them to the ground.

I hope they don't expect us to be renew spamming I really hate that play style, if I wanted to do all hot's id roll a druid.

lol we def havent been nerfed to the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    LW gets a nerf too, PoM gets a light buff with the glpyh, I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of Priest QQs on the forums now. It seems to be how blizzard treats priest, they make them underpowered, buff them a little to make them good then nerf them to the ground.

I hope they don't expect us to be renew spamming I really hate that play style, if I wanted to do all hot's id roll a druid.
    Not to mention expensive! D:

If they want us to renew spam they had better bring back that renew chakra.
    >:C

Also, how on earth am I going to raid heal as disc. I was going to go back to disc because of the buffs (I love disc :C) but. Now I think everyone is going to die horrible deaths if I have to raid heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Also, how on earth am I going to raid heal as disc. I was going to go back to disc because of the buffs (I love disc :C) but. Now I think everyone is going to die horrible deaths if I have to raid heal.
    As I've been trying to tell people for the last month, Disc in cata was never meant to be a primary raid healer, but a strong tank healer with raid support. Hopefully the word will get around town, now, with these changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, Chakra got a little buff in that it now procs from pretty much every spell. I'm a little pissed about the PoH, but I think they want to minimize its usage and encourage using greater heal and heal even more, since serendipity is getting a little buff too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only 15%, it's a nerf but it's not the end of the world :] Personally though I think PoH could have used a buff actually..
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    Personally though I think PoH could have used a buff actually..
    Are you insane ?

if you guys go read the notes at wowhead you will see that CoH was buffed. also via glyph the first charge of PoM has got a HUGE buff but granted it is the first charge.

all in all no reason to freakout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    if you guys go read the notes at wowhead you will see that CoH was buffed. also via glyph the first charge of PoM has got a HUGE buff but granted it is the first charge.

all in all no reason to freakout.
    This plus the major disc buffs will be quite nice. Wait for the official patch notes and we'll see a lot of this is just tooltip updates that MMO Datamined for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Are you insane ?
    No, mine doesn't help at all in tough AoE situations, it's too slow/only heals for as much as a heal..

Btw, did anyone see the buff to Circle of Healing? From 1776 - 1962 to 2309 - 2551
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

The LW nerf isn't too bad. At 6.5k sp it heals for ~2k less. PoH is still nice glyphed, but still sucks to see a nerf to it. I'm not sure what I would replace to get the PoM glyph, I need to remind myself to use it more often in AoE dmg situations. Good to see the CoH and Chakra buffs though. Was annoying that Binding Heal didn't refresh Renew on people.

15+ Year Old Account
    PoH is NOT strong. It is just moderately mana efficient. Why in the hell didn't they just change the mana cost!!

I always felt like PoH didn't heal for enough. Same for CoH. If they are truly buffing CoH, then good -- but nerfing PoH isn't necessary in my honest opinion. Nerfing Lightwell a bit, okay -- I suppose. Yeah it sucks, but I'm use to Blizzard taking away the good stuff.

PoH needed a nerf. It was doing upwards of 40-50% healing for any fight involving aoe (most fights in cata). It was the go-to heal because it was so mana efficient and head and shoulders above any over healing spell we had. A nerf also brings it down towards the other classes aoe spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    PoH is very strong, the nerf isn't even that big it's just a base healing nerf, not a coefficient nerf.

Regarding lightwell however, if they want to nerf it by that much, it should at least be macroable.

Deleted
    Prayer of Healing is overpowered. I saw this nerf coming for weeks to be honest It's a shame, but deserved

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    PoH needed a nerf. It was doing upwards of 40-50% healing for any fight involving aoe (most fights in cata). It was the go-to heal because it was so mana efficient and head and shoulders above any over healing spell we had. A nerf also brings it down towards the other classes aoe spells.
    I have to agree here. I use it a lot currently to great effect and I saw the nerf coming. I think it seems kind of bad because of how much of our healing it makes up, but when compensated with the CoH, PoM, and Renew buffs, I think we'll be okay, just using the other spells a bit more to compensate. Our total healing may even drop a bit, which is fine since I was crushing other classes on raid healing, but I think improving the rest of our raid healing spells actually makes us more effective because we'll better be able to stablize rather than simply spam PoH.

The Lightwell nerf doesn't really bother me, since people are using it and, as pointed out above, it was scaling too well anyway. I would, however, like to see a bit of a Sanctuary buff, it's too expensive and too difficult to make good use of. Then again, knocking down PoH some does make it relatively more efficient... kind of a bad way to look at it, though.