Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jhneoh View Post
    No, maybe you need to learn how to read.

From the front page:

Prayer of Healing base healing reduced by 15%, from 3633 - 3838 to 3087 - 3262.
    From the front page:
    Prayer of Healing effectiveness has been reduced by 15%.

So that means also the coefficient has been reduced.

If with the right spell power your average PoH was 8156 per target and 12.96 HPM

It would now be 7473 / 11.87HPM an 8.4% loss

Compounded with the loss of EoL and PoH Glyph

At Least they are buffing CoH

On PTR my PoH does as Disc with 8143 SP:
    PoH 6373 + 2x678 Glyph ticks + 1911 Aegis = 9640 from one cast

On PTR my PoH does as Holy with 7484 SP:
    No Chakra
    PoH 6919 + 6x 213 Echo of Light + 2x 733 Glyph = 9663
    With Chakra
    PoH 7894 + 6x 243 Echo of Light + 2x 863 Glyph = 11078

Circle of Healing:
    5300 - 5400 without Chakra
    6100 - 6200 with Chakra

Not sure if I find it disturbing or positive. I have not taken into acccount any raidbuffs or consumables, this is just the numbers standing alone with Inner Fire up.
    Disc PoH seems to be almost identical with non-chakra Holy, which seems kinda balanced.

If someone would compare Disc 2/2 SoS Gheal+PW:S vs Holy's Serenity+Renew+GH in a single target healing deathmatch, that would be great.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-01-12 at 05:32 PM.

# Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.

there you go

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.

So PoH loses 15%...and it looks like Disc will be out-healing Holy with a standard PoH. Got to love Divine Aegis. I am wondering if Blizzard will let this stand.

I love it,but I do have to admit some Holy priest's might be a bit...ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.

So PoH loses 15%...and it looks like Disc will be out-healing Holy with a standard PoH. Got to love Divine Aegis. I am wondering if Blizzard will let this stand.

u forget, or possibly just dont know that if were in our aoe chakra, ur not going to be doing more with a PoH then a holy priest....

Deleted
    Juber, what kind of glyphs do you use where you include PoH for a Disc priest? Also, do note that for it to be as effective as a chakraless holy priest, aegis needs to be fully absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post

But it only procs on a crit, which isn't that great.

Deleted
    CoH got buffed with 30% or something in the same patch notes as the 15% nerf PoH

Deleted
    Seems like this will make PoH and CoH more balanced. In cata up till now, I've noticed that I really only use CoH in critical situations where everyone needs some HP instantly, it's not part of my AoE rotation anymore. This might change with the 30% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Waswat View Post
    Juber, what kind of glyphs do you use where you include PoH for a Disc priest? Also, do note that for it to be as effective as a chakraless holy priest, aegis needs to be fully absorbed.
    I use Glyph of PoH in both my Disc & Holy spec.

Yes that is true, in order for it to be equal to non-chakra priest it needs to be fully absorbed. But in the order for non-chakra priest PoH to be better than Disc's Aegis PoH the Echo of Light needs to have 0% overheal aswell. If your Aegis dosn't fully get absorbed, then any healing above that would have been an overheal for the mechanic.

Overhealing EoL dosn't win over non-absorbed Aegis's when it comes to surviving mechanics.

And the rare situations when Aegis expires just before another AoE damage where the EoL would have healed during that time is not enough to save people from a death. It's not like 1x PoH's EoL will heal for 6 seconds to prevent the next AoE strike from a raid boss.

Thats my opinion atleast. My guild is at 11/12 and we havn't started heroics so I can't answer for that yet.

It might become better for disc and less for holy, but remember that holy has an instant aoe spell. Yes ith a cooldown but still. Seeing CoH buffed will be good for holy priest. In terms ofmobility this has always been an awesome spell. A<Disc priest has no "on the move" AoE spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Juber View Post
    If your Aegis dosn't fully get absorbed, then any healing above that would have been an overheal for the mechanic.
    DA is only useful if there's incoming damage AFTER the heal has been cast. EoL is useful as long as players aren't full health. So if you take a big AOE with no follow-up damage, DA will be worthless while EoL will be useful.

Deleted
    Quite a few fights where PoH is a great ability also benefits from the 12% increased healing when people are below 50%. These changes are neither a buff or a nerf just switching some healing, CoH probably was a bit low still good though.

Quote Originally Posted by jhneoh View Post

Buffs:
    - Desperate Prayer (actually worth taking now, a free, instant cast 30k+ heal for oh $#!% situations)
    Is that how it is on the PTR right now? I don't see this change in any notes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    Is that how it is on the PTR right now? I don't see this change in any notes...
    I can't find any official Blizz post but I think it was datamined. WowTal (http://wowtal.com/#k=ffR.aei.priest.) says that it's been massively buffed, and they claim to have update to 4.0.6. I trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreBlindfolded View Post
    LW was NOT nerfed, it was a tooltip fix.

PoH was too powerful for Holy, CoH has been buffed.

PoH is Discs go to AoE heal. Blizz doesnt want to nerf Disc's Aoe Healing hence: "Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect."

After all these changes we are fine if not excellent.
    Well, if PoH was too powerful for Holy, doesn't that make circle of Healing too powerful for holy as well?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont use PoH at all tho... o.o I normaly try to only use PoM, CoH, heal, renew and holy word using flash and greater if needed only. It usually works out if the group uses cooldowns and anything to increase survivability in the heroics.

5 mans are serious business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    I dont use PoH at all tho... o.o I normaly try to only use PoM, CoH, heal, renew and holy word using flash and greater if needed only. It usually works out if the group uses cooldowns and anything to increase survivability in the heroics.
    PoH is superior to CoH in the current patch. It's of course slower, but is more effective (11.50HPM instead of 8.10HPM). Don't know how it will be in 4.0.6, but atm I would recommend you to use PoH instead of CoH in any situation where it doesn't have to be instant (first boss in SFK, especially if going for achivement, needs CoH). Since HPs are buffed in cata, I find it's generally no problem to use PoH instead of CoH.