Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breseis View Post
    Well, I know disc is good for healing 5 mans it is how I leveled and did heroics. But I think right now with absorbs the way they are the guild is thinking its not as viable as having a holy paladin in. The Holy paladins do almost the same amount of absorbs now apparently.
    You should read up on the Holy Pally's mastery. It's garbage and absorbs a pitiful amount. I'm not sure it even stacks like Divine Aegis (that may be old news though). At any rate, they're not crazy about mastery. I believe it is their least desirable stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    I don't have any issues at all keeping up with the Resto Shamans and Holy Pallies in my guild as Disc, not sure why they would think you are not viable.
    Chimeron i was slightly behind, but the shields are amazing at certain times
    Well the shields are good I know that but the return from them is gone. So mass shielding is not wise any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    You should read up on the Holy Pally's mastery. It's garbage and absorbs a pitiful amount. I'm not sure it even stacks like Divine Aegis (that may be old news though). At any rate, they're not crazy about mastery. I believe it is their least desirable stat.
    It does not stack, but it will refresh if a larger heal has landed.

Mass Shielding went the same way as flash heal spam, but just adapt and you will be fine.

Train of Thought and Strength of Soul are 2 very excellent talents for improving your tank healing abilities

I am not having problems healing as disc its just the guild doesnt see the spec viable in raid any longer.

I havent tried out 25´mans yet, but in omni, Magmaw and Maloriak fights, I always Lay on top as disc priest. Roughtly around 12k hps. That being, Shield on the two tanks when pusible, Prayer of Mending, Penace to keep up grace on focus target and Prayer spam, I usually run our 10man team with an restro druid and restro shaman. And it´s not healing that keeps us from clearing this content patch atm.. When something fucks up, An Píed Stacked up Barriered Group, Can get from zero to max within a few secs with Prayer spam.. And ppl might say its a nerf comming, But atleast as disc, Prayer is getting better and better... Just remember to use the right glyphs.

I am not having problems healing as disc its just the guild doesnt see the spec viable in raid any longer.
    Ask them why they think that?

I haven't found any fights that it isn't viable.

Deleted
    I saw this and was like. hmm seems funny! iam not playing a priest more then my alt but a disc dps would be not a "puredps" But it will probably bring you to shield targets aswell holyfire/smite/penance rotation with some dots. I would love to do odd things!

Well I spoke with RL breifly after the raid and he said that disc is Supposed to heal normally. Thats about all i got out of him. He said if i healed normally that I needed to have a viable offspec suitable for a backup. Which is holy of course but why would he say that?

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 05:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coreey View Post
    I saw this and was like. hmm seems funny! iam not playing a priest more then my alt but a disc dps would be not a "puredps" But it will probably bring you to shield targets aswell holyfire/smite/penance rotation with some dots. I would love to do odd things!
    Dont get me wrong It is fun as hell to DPS while being a healer. I heal while DPSing which is odd as hell but it has its fun parts but i feel like I could be being used for something better.

Your raid leader sounds a bit clueless tbh.
    Disc shields appear in recount now, so it shouldn't be a matter of him misreading it, but he should have more of an idea

If he needs an extra DPS for a fight he should just say it, rather then beating around the bush, and its not like respecing shadow is expensive now that gold is so easy to get.

Shield the tank. PoM. Spam Greater Heal.

It's easy, it's simple, it's effective. Your raid leader is clueless.

And when specced right, you can either use heal to reduce the PW:S debuff, so you can reshield faster, or use GHeal to reduce the CD on Inner Focus, which you can use for either a free Flash or if time permits a free greater (either with added crit)

I was spec'd with HEAL spam shield renewal

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    And when specced right, you can either use heal to reduce the PW:S debuff, so you can reshield faster, or use GHeal to reduce the CD on Inner Focus, which you can use for either a free Flash or if time permits a free greater (either with added crit)
    That's basically what I do.

Shield the tank, Penance to stack grace/proc inspiration, GHeal as often as needed, and use Inner Focus when it's up.

Edit: And, or course, Binding Heal if the situation permits. Because BH is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by fonzatron2000 View Post
    I smell troll
    Dont know why maybe its because you came in....

Anyway...We will see what happens tomorrow. I think I will push to be more tank heals then DPS. I hate shadow with a passion absolutely hate it. It didnt exist in vanilla and I just think its not in my interest even to this day. Ive healed for 6 years and refuse to do anything else UNTIL star wars comes out lol

Anyway...We will see what happens tomorrow. I think I will push to be more tank heals then DPS. I hate shadow with a passion absolutely hate it. It didnt exist in vanilla and I just think its not in my interest even to this day. Ive healed for 6 years and refuse to do anything else UNTIL star wars comes out lol
    With three paladins, that is unlikely. Disc *can* raid heal, it just isn't as effective as holy, and certainly not as effective as Disc tank healing. I would just petition your RL to let you be a raid healer. While disc raid healing is sub-optimal for the spec, it is far more optimal than some bizzare minmax healer dps that happens to heal stuff.

Your RL is really weird. I wonder, what makes him think Disc healing is not viable? I heal as disc, never had problems in heroics, my guildies like to do achievements with me, in raids (normals so far, not heroic) My healing is usually in the middle of recount charts, right between holy priests.
    If you like disc spec, just go for it and heal as any other healer, w/o this DPS-to-heal crap, you should be fine on recount, if thats important for your RL. You won't see any 10-15k dps anyway, maybe 5k at most.

Lol yeah don't dps as disc. Smite Healing is different however. Smiting up to 5 to proc AA and increase healing by 15% is great. It also provides a cheap heal with some damage. Throw in some IF + Greater Heal and PoH, etc, and raiding isn't too bad.

Dps as disc? That's just a waste of a raid spot. Disc can heal fine, i've done Magmaw,omnitron,maloriak,atramedes so far as disc and we have got them down fine. Disc is also getting their bubbles buffed by 208% at the cost of 31% mana increase too so, disc keeps getting better and better , power word:Shield counts as 20% of my healing already since recount now shows it. I am not even spec'd in smite at all.