Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I dont feel like my class anymore...

i feel locks are mimiking other classes. when i first hit 85 i played destro until we started raiding. after a few fights i felt like i was playing my fire mage...alright w/e i have 2 other specs. so i went drain life affliction, hello shadow priest...am i the only one who feels like demo is the only real warlock spec anymore?

Deleted
    You either shoot lazors or dot.

Yes, Demonology is distinctive from all others. Minus Beast MAstery hunter.

Your call. It's called homogeneization, we had that in early wotlk iirc.

The definition of a Warlock is a Mage who has turned to dark magic as apposed to regular magic. So it's obvious why those two are similar.

Warlocks were the go to DoT class way before shadow priests were.

play shadow bolt affliction...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly if you think this, you've not played those classes.

quit the game imo

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Huntery
    funny ... ive never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass, i really dont see how those two are alike apart from being pet specs that rely more on their pets then others.

Personally i play affliction + SB and i find it to be extremely warlocky

and loving every minute of it, my S-priest is not as much fun tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Clearly if you think this, you've not played those classes.
    What she said.
    As an altaholic who plays pretty much everything (Played everything but Mage at max level over the years and i'm working on that atm), I would have to say that the classes feels nothing like eachother.
    Warlocks are thematically corrupted Mages in the same vein that Death Knights are essentially the evil counterpart to Paladins.
    And while they have much in common, the feel (or general rotation if you wanna be picky) of playing them is very different.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Deleted
    I agree on Destro. They should make the flames green. Dident blizzard say they would change this?

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 03:16 PM ----------

Affliction Warlock = Shadow Priest
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Destruction Warlock = Fire Mage

Shadow Bolt = Mind Blast
    Drain Life = Mind Flay
    Psssst, its the outher way around.
    Last edited by mmocf799acc451; 2011-01-14 at 02:17 PM.

brb rolling out of destro cos it doesnt have green flames

:ssssss

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    funny ... ive never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass, i really dont see how those two are alike apart from being pet specs that rely more on their pets then others.
    rofl

i love that comparison.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spam wand and be unique.

You've never seen this spell before? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19574

Both spells are a short-term enrage; nothing more.
    I think he is referring to Metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague-Bane View Post
    I agree on Destro. They should make the flames green. Dident blizzard say they would change this?

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 03:16 PM ----------

Psssst, its the outher way around.
    you can customize your spell colors allready -_- like my mage is shooting purple frost bolts
    justa console command( player console not server ofc) it shows only diff color own OWN screen not for other players
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

I wonder why suddenly so many people whine about this.

First of all, It's not true. If you play both classes like I do, you know. Second of all, modern warlocks have a more distinct gameplay than ever. back in TBC I hardly ever saw warlocks whining about this ridiculous statement, even if the TBC warlock was a mind numbing, Sb spamming class.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

PvE view:
    Metamorphosis: 20% extra damage for 30 seconds (+6 seconds if glyphed) on a 3 minute cooldown
    Bestial Wrath: 20% extra pet damage for 10 seconds (+10% damage for you if you take Beast Within) on a 1 minute cooldown
    They're both variations on a theme: short term enrage.
    the point is even with that talent you wont see a hunter go up close and personal on you.

You are missing the point.... we (warlock in demon form) look AWESOMER Just did a 4min53s Argaloth fight with 36.6% of time in demon form.... was able to pop it 3 times with the proc shorter CD.

But seriously, we are the original DoT and curses class, specialized on shadow. Even in priests have one specc using some shadow spells, it's hardly similar.
    Last edited by ikshaar; 2011-01-14 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    PvE view:
    Metamorphosis: 20% extra damage for 30 seconds (+6 seconds if glyphed) on a 3 minute cooldown
    Bestial Wrath: 20% extra pet damage for 10 seconds (+10% damage for you if you take Beast Within) on a 1 minute cooldown
    Okay... if you look at all spells like "Increases damage by X" or "Deals X damage", then yes, every single ranged will look the same, and every single melee will look the same. Thankfully, this is not all there is to the spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    The magic you shoot out your hands has nothing to do with class feel. You never have to worry about mana, and Mages always do (until a certain gear level). BM Hunters suffer if the target doesn't have both physical and magic debuffs/buffs. Shadow Priests have to constantly look at their cast bar to avoid clipping their filler spell, as well as having mana issues and watching to see if helping healing might be a better job in a raid.

Spells are going to all blur together because they are basically variations on the same theme. Nuke, dot, debuff, buff. You don't have to classify any further than this because this is all we do. Those of us who have been here long enough have seen the classes evolve into the roles they are now, and this is not because someone said "Well, currently the demo tree sucks, lets give it Demon Bestial Wrath." It's because someone said "It sucks, let me turn into Illidan and nuke shit".

The only parity you should be alarmed at is Shadow Priest and Affliction, but consider that Affliction was a viable spec long before Shadow ever was, it should be taken as a compliment to be mimicked in such a way.

As a warlock, your job is to kill shit. You do it without distraction by core mechanics. You do it with callous disregard for the survival of your pet. You do it without giving a shit about mana.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broflexing View Post
    after a few fights i felt like i was playing my fire mage...
    I don't understand this, at all. Destro feels very different, and more complex than Fire Mage.... Anytime I play mage ANY spec I feel like I'm going to fall asleep.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...