Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Just some other quick questions i think would help not only myself but a lot of Elemental Shaman.

1. What would be the ideal way to start the pull? (right now im going with lb as the tank pulls>ele mastery/bf>lb>fs>lvb)

2. Is it worth recasting flame shock when you get a haste/spell power proc?
    The way I start pulls, is FS>Mastery> Insta LvB>Spam LB> LvB when surge procs or its off CD, Any equip trinkets or enchants should proc off your first Flame shock, giving your already boosted spells from Mastery even more of a damage boost.

Not sure about recasting FS with proc's as i think using the CD to cast another LB would deal more damage, however i would recast it if im on the the move.

@ OP, don't dismiss Fire elemental glyph so quickly, for longer fights i might consider switching glyphs, Fire elemental itself deals really nice damage.

Lava surge not being neccesary? lol, all you need to do is get totem timers and it has a visual proc, it doesnt take quick reactions to cast lvb.

Quote Originally Posted by Relent View Post
    The way I start pulls, is FS>Mastery> Insta LvB>Spam LB> LvB when surge procs or its off CD, Any equip trinkets or enchants should proc off your first Flame shock, giving your already boosted spells from Mastery even more of a damage boost.
    Congrats on an excellent way to pull agro. No, seriously. It's also the worst use of the instant cast portion of EM.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Congrats on an excellent way to pull agro. No, seriously. It's also the worst use of the instant cast portion of EM.
    You are both wrong and arrogant, not the way to approach feedback.

Tanks in raids usually have MDs getting the tank his initial aggro, also a good and hitcapped tank will manage to outaggro that burst threat on a single target easily. I did at least 40 wipes on conclave heroic opening like that and i were never close to overaggroing.

And saying that using LvB as insta spell on EM is bad, is also wrong, you can get lucky and get a lavasurge proc on the first tick of FS; if you cast your LvB normally that will cause that surge to be wasted, this has happened to me a lot of times to me as well.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89 View Post
    You are both wrong and arrogant, not the way to approach feedback.

Tanks in raids usually have MDs getting the tank his initial aggro, also a good and hitcapped tank will manage to outaggro that burst threat on a single target easily. I did at least 40 wipes on conclave heroic opening like that and i were never close to overaggroing.

And saying that using LvB as insta spell on EM is bad, is also wrong, you can get lucky and get a lavasurge proc on the first tick of FS; if you cast your LvB normally that will cause that surge to be wasted, this has happened to me a lot of times to me as well.
    And in situations where misdirect/tricks are unavailable, you will probably encounter agro issues. Waiting 10-15 seconds will ensure that the tank gets enough of a threat lead that you should be fine for the rest of the fight (nevermind the fact that doing said opening combo in a random heroic will be a bad idea).

Using the insta-cast of EM on LvB results in you trading a GCD length cast for (drumroll please)... a GCD. The question of whether you gain anything from starting the LvB cooldown one GCD earlier is questionable as you also run into the new spell cast after instant spell use issue (ie: you can use the spell queue when casting, but it doesn't function the same way when you've just used an instant cast).

In any case, this is pretty much a moot point, as if your attitude full ahead and damn the torpedoes then nothing I can say will change your mind.

PS: I'm generally not wrong, and I don't think I'm arrogant. I just don't mince words, and I'm not here to help everybody. In fact, I rather resent the fact that people expect/demand that I give up more of my time to help them in addition to what I already do (nevermind the fact that I work 40 hrs a week, raid 3 nights a week, and have spent the last 6 months living in earthquake central in real life).

You posted a guide on an open forum, yet you are not here to help people?

Sorry, i think we started off on the wrong foot here.

I also, and i think i speak for everyone here when i say this, did not expect / demand that you help every specific person that requests it in this post, people here generally help eachother, starting this tread gives them a space to do so in.

I still stand my ground on the EM on LvB thing, but i can agree to disagree with you there, we both have fair points.

Also im talking about a raid environment, and we always have MDs / tricks on the tank for the initial aggro, but even without those; 10/15 seconds sounds kind of overkill to me, unless the tank is terribly geared and far from hit/exp capped.

I never open this way in a random dungeon run, as the tanks there are unreliable, and enrage timers / dps is less of an issue.

Wish you luck with the earthquakes, at least the in-game version is getting buffed by 10%, lets hope that is not the case IRL.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

fucking fucking blablabla, no need to fight here, wont help

i'm not sure about it, but if the flame shock dot work's by the same way lock dots does, the haste procs and stuff will affect the timer without need to recast it, same goes for searing totem and probably to fire elemental.

My english sucks, i know...