Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blackmask, no. There are "addons" that remove combat sounds, though. lawomous posted links for 2 such addons here.

Thank you very much.

Deleted

Question Hunter MD/HM cast sequence with conditions and reset

LF help with a Hunter Macro.

What should it do?:
    1. Cast Misdirection at my focus if I have one, otherwise on my pet.
    2. After MD i want it to cast Hunter's mark on my target.
    3. Lastly I want it to reset every time Misdirection is off Cooldown. (or after combat if possible)

I'm no expert at macro's, some help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post

What should it do?:
    3. Lastly I want it to reset every time Misdirection is off Cooldown. (or after combat if possible)

Give this one a try
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat [@focus,help,nodead][@pet,nodead] Misdirection; Hunter's Mark

Deleted
    Sorry for the basic question but I suck at macro's how do I make a macro to cast a spell on mouseover target, but if there is no mouseover target, it defers to my actual target?

im looking to add a condition to my fishing macro to dismount me if im mounted any ideas been playing around for a while with it and doesnt work

I suspect this is not an acceptable macro function.... but you can use channeling condition to make it so that it will not cast another spell if your currently channeling something...

well down that road, if I have a target dotted, any condition term for the target having a certain debuff, like a dot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm my fishing macro just dismounts me automatically :P. It is basically:
    /equipset Fishing (the name of my equipment set with my pole)
    /cast Fishing.
    The first press will equip the pole and give an error saying you need to have pull out (dont know how to suppress errors, but I dont really care). 2nd press dismounts me and casts the fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I´m not very good with macro's but wouldn´t a simple

Edit: I´m not sure if the actual fishing ability is called 'Fishing'
    ive got a string of conditions on this macro o mine and i just wanted to add in a dismount if i was mount to my [mod: shift] condition
    also i was wondering about a macro that would say in party ready or if i push shift say mana with the oom emote?

Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help]Cleanse;Cleanse
    Doesn't seem to work on mouseover, it just casts it on myself. It works for other healing spells just not on cleanse

Quote Originally Posted by Device View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    Doesn't seem to work on mouseover, it just casts it on myself. It works for other healing spells just not on cleanse
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Cleanse; Cleanse
    Help implies exists. It may not have worked because you were trying to use it on a magic effect? I'm not the best with macros but that's my best guess. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    Help implies exists. It may not have worked because you were trying to use it on a magic effect? I'm not the best with macros but that's my best guess. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
    It's even easier than that:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help][]Cleanse
    And can even replace "/cast" with "/use" if you were desperate for characters ;p

But yes, there is nothing wrong with the original macro. It should work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    I suspect this is not an acceptable macro function.... but you can use channeling condition to make it so that it will not cast another spell if your currently channeling something...

well down that road, if I have a target dotted, any condition term for the target having a certain debuff, like a dot?
    Nope, there's none for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    It's even easier than that:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help][]Cleanse
    And can even replace "/cast" with "/use" if you were desperate for characters ;p

But yes, there is nothing wrong with the original macro. It should work.
    I'll try both these suggestions later. Should they also work on people who have no disease or magic affect on them?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they'll work on people who have no disease/magic debuff on them. They don't check for anything, they just specify who to cast the spell on (and to only do it if the mouseover is a friendly unit).

Dispels now will fire off whether or not there is anything to actually dispel.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Device View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    Mouse buttons such as mouse button 4 or 5 does not work on mouseover abilities.

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 10:32 AM ----------

Right this one is really complicated, atleast for me anyways, I suck at theese things
    I'm looking for a macro which will skull bash (bear form) when I'm in bear form and cast the cat version when I'm in cat form, then if shift is held it will do the same but on my focus target - This is what I came up with myself, though the focus part doesn't seem to be working.

#showtooltip [stance:1] Skull Bash; Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    /cast [nostance:1/3] Bear Form; [stance:1] Enrage
    /cast [stance:1,mod:shift,target=focus] [stance:1] Skull Bash; [mod:shift,target=focus] [] Skull Bash(Cat Form)

Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    Right this one is really complicated, atleast for me anyways, I suck at theese things.
    This should do it.

#showtooltip [form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);Skull Bash
    /cast [noform:1/3]Bear Form;[form:1]Enrage
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift,form:1][form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);[@focus,mod:shift][]Skull Bash

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Thank you for your answer, Skinnypete!
    However, your macro doesn't work
    It does a misdirection and then on the second click errors Ability is not ready yet.
    On a sidenote, even tho I have (square)Showtooltip on the first line the icon remains a questionmark.

I tried switching semi-colon with a comma which will fire a invalid target the first press and lock to that.
    The icon remains a questionmark as well.

PS: sorry that I haven't quoted or made in easily readable, apparently (at), semi-colons etc are all treated as links which I'm not allowed to post :z

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post

What should it do?:

I do not think you can make a macro command that would do all that with a single keypress or even a reliable spammable one.

You could try,

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,help,nodead][mod:shift,@pet] Misdirection; Hunter's Mark
    Then replace whatever button you use for pulling with the above macro. When you press shift, if you have a friendly focus target it will misdirect to it, misdirecting to your pet if you don't. If shift is not held down it casts Hunter's Mark as normal.

You can change the modifier to whatever else you prefer: "mod:ctrl" or "mod:alt" or just plain "mod" for any modifier.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-22 at 02:56 PM.