Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wafs View Post
    UI = Tukui (hard to config, but nice result)
    Nameplates = Tidyplates
    Thanks alot!

need help with another macro! This time, a dispelling one

i wish i could make an all-in-one dispel macro, with both Dispel Magic and Mass dispel in one button, to save space in my action bar!
    i want the dispel magic splle to be mosueover or target, with mod:alt for myself, and i simply want to cast mass dispell on the same button, if i dont have a target, or a mouseover or alt pressed.
    i tryied the following (my char name is megustan, i tried target=self and it didnt work):

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt, target=Megustan] Dispel Magic; ["at"mouseover,help,nodead] Dispel Magic; Dispell Magic

but how do i put mass dispel (ground target) on this?? i tried several stuff but it doesnt work! only the dispel magic stuff works!

any suggestion?

10+ Year Old Account
    ok im completely stumped!
    i normally know wot im doing with macros but this one has got me scratching my head!
    im trying to make a macro to bind my rune strike to all my abilities so that if its procced i dont have to spam a seperate button. i know that theyve changed it to share the GCD now so ive tried tweaking it to include things like /stopcasting etc but still it doesnt work!
    if i use:
    #showtooltip Death Strike
    /cast !Rune Strike
    /cast Death Strike

it just uses rune strike if its procced or keeps trying to use it til it does proc and completely ignores the next cast sequence.
    ive tried swapping them around so the rune strike is after the abilitiy, ive tried adding /stopcasting inbetween but nothing works
    pls help!
    Time is Eternal.... Thankfully Blonde moments are over quickly!
    Signature by Mystyka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joaohaik View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt, target=Megustan] Dispel Magic; ["at"mouseover,help,nodead] Dispel Magic; Dispell Magic

but how do i put mass dispel (ground target) on this?? i tried several stuff but it doesnt work! only the dispel magic stuff works!

any suggestion?
    you can't directly cast mass dispel on a "ground target" as far as i know, you'd still need to first activate the spell via macro and then click on the area where you want it to be cast.

also, your macro seems work along the line of "dispel me if i hold alt, dispel mousover if i have one, otherwise dispel my target".
    i guess when you put mass dispel at the end of the macro instead of the normal dispel magic, it should work (although i'm not sure either^^).
    on a sidenote, when you want to target yourself without having to use the individual character name, use "player".

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@player] Dispel Magic; [@mouseover,help,nodead] Dispel Magic; Mass Dispel
    like i said, i'm not to sure about macro mechanics, but you might as well give it a try^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinde View Post
    #showtooltip Death Strike
    /cast !Rune Strike
    /cast Death Strike
    is it just a coincidence that this macro looks exactly like the (wrong) example i gave a few posts back?
    because it doesn't work that way. i don't know if there even is a way to make it work.

and i know it wasn't what you were asking for, but as dk tank it hurts me very much too see someone trying to bind rune strike and death strike into one button -.-^^
    you shouldn't do that. really. like, ever.
    abilities which need runes and the ones which need runic power should never be binded into "do this if you can, or that if you can't" macros. ESPECIALLY with death strike, where the exact right timing can - and will - make huge differences for your survivabilty!

really, dw if you like, gem pure dodge if it's your way to go, keyboard turn if you have to, but please... make sure you're timing your death strikes right :x

fixed my Dispel Macro, it was just organize the order of each string separated bt ;

alt: dispel me, ctrl (No matter how long i spam the button) will show the area i wish to mass dispel, if i have a mouseover and not holding alt or ctrl dispel mouseover, if i do nothing or hold shift it will dispel my target!(dunno if the end of the macro is really needed, but it solved my problem)

worked just fine

but i have a problem with the previous macros that yell messages only if i succesfully cast the spell...

the problem happened when someone from my raid group cast theese spells... it happened to me yesterday, when they was casting Lightwell for a sample, I yelled my message!! LOL!!!

i dont have a clue how this last 2 macros work, so i didnt even try to fix it! any ideas??

thanks for help!! =D

Sweet, thanks for the guide. Really needed some help with these monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by joaohaik View Post
    but i have a problem with the previous macros that yell messages only if i succesfully cast the spell...

the problem happened when someone from my raid group cast theese spells... it happened to me yesterday, when they was casting Lightwell for a sample, I yelled my message!! LOL!!!

i dont have a clue how this last 2 macros work, so i didnt even try to fix it! any ideas??
    That would be
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Hymn of Hope
    run RB = RB or CreateFrame("Frame","RB") f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(a,b,c,d) if a=="player" and d=="Lightwell" then SendChatMessage("Casting <Lightwell>!", "YELL") end end) f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")
    [code]#showtooltip
    --- ---
    This opening post's macro can be shortened to this:
    Code:
    /cast [@targettarget,harm,exists]Smite;Smite
    Code:
    /cast [@targettarget,harm][] Smite

ok got a quick, hopefully easy question. i have the following macro set to number 6 on my action bar:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Dragon's Breath; Cone of Cold
    It works great for CoC, and if i CTRL+click it works fine. but actually pressing CTRL+6 doesnt work at all. the icon changes, but thats it. any idea why?

What a great guide, and subsequent discussion. Thanks to all for sharing your experience with macros. I can't wait to test these to refine my dungeon/raid performance this week.

Cheers,

Zywrath
    Requisite - Mal'Ganis

10+ Year Old Account
    im not a druid but this helps tons !

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by oramac View Post
    ok got a quick, hopefully easy question. i have the following macro set to number 6 on my action bar:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Dragon's Breath; Cone of Cold
    It works great for CoC, and if i CTRL+click it works fine. but actually pressing CTRL+6 doesnt work at all. the icon changes, but thats it. any idea why?
    Ctrl+6 is by default bound (to "activate actionbar 6" I believe). Unbind that key combination and your macro will work again. You may run into similar issues for ctrl+1-5