Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Great guide, I always look at it when I change a piece or a gem

Edit - I forgot something

Same as another post, I do not agree with some things, I'll point em out later
    Last edited by Hrvatss; 2011-01-17 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: how come you dont take Thick Hide in your specs? am i missing something or is it not really needed? -6% to not be critted by already low crit % melles seems good to me.

i always take this talent, but maybe i shouldnt have?

Also Fury Swipes? free dmg? i just play differently but anything that can improve me is always welcomed.

I usualy go with this Spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfrGcRurzbczMcz
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2011-01-18 at 05:52 AM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    Question: how come you dont take Thick Hide in your specs? am i missing something or is it not really needed? -6% to not be critted by already low crit % melles seems good to me.

i always take this talent, but maybe i shouldnt have?

Also Fury Swipes? free dmg? i just play differently but anything that can improve me is always welcomed.

I explained the Thick Hide part before:

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Because it's only increases your defense against Melee, while Natural Reaction helps you against everyone. Since Ferals have most problems with casters and barely any with Melee, NR is a better way to go imo. I tried it both ways, and I prefer going with NR and leaving Thick Hide out. Also, it's the spec most Feral Druids use, including Gladiator ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post

It's way to RNG imo, and white hits as Cat do not crit THAT much. It's nice in PvE where you'll have 95%+ uptime on your target, but in PvP you obviously don't. Even if you'd have a 100% uptime you would get only one small extra hit every ~6.6 sec on average, and believe me, your average won't be anywhere even remotely close to that.

as someone new-ish to feral druid dps, and definitely noob to feral pvp, i found the guide to be quite helpful. thanks for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank your for explaining, ill try that spec see how it goes.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 01:09 AM ----------

this is the most important macro for me if anyone cares.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:alt, target=player][help] Remove Corruption;
    /cast [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form); [stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form)

if u r in bear/cat form it will cast Skull Bash (appropriate to form), and if you target your partner/friendly target it will cast Remove Corruption and automaticly will shift u out, or press alt for on-demand Remove Corruption (if u want Cure yourself). (i have this Bind to Q for the fastest possible response)
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2011-01-19 at 01:09 AM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

[Guide]Druid VS Frost Mage

In fact, I think the Druid fight frost mage is not that hard.
    The point is healing, and constantly kill time with him, he can’t heal.
    Use melee damage which does not need mana to slowly caught him dead.

After he used Ice block, Frost Nova, open your whole fire to kill him directly.
    Not bad op is enough.

Here are the skills you should know:
    Frost Nova, Ring of Frost and Blink
    Basically steady play will win.

Phase 1:

Stand position as follows:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------Long range -------------------------
    ----------Healer -------------------- Healer --------------
    ------------Long range --- Long range -----------------
    ------------------- Melee - Melee ------------------------
    ------------- Melee – Frost Mage - Melee -------------
    --------------------------Tank -----------------------------

The Feral Druid Tank do not need against the technology, but need a very high anti-ice
    Almost anti-ice 300+ unbuff
    hp 200k +

Opening, the tank went up first to create hatred and pull the Frost Mage back to the crowd. DPS open fire after tank’s taunt.
    Frost Mage will hit tank every 5 seconds with an Ice Lancel, and every 10 seconds cast a Cone of Cold to its front,
    Injuries are high, but if tank has enough anti-ice, he would not die after 2 or 3 hits, just heal him well.

Every 15 seconds after the opening
    Frost Mage will cast frostfire bolt to attack a random target, and to produce a 9-second-long fire DOT.
    Over, all will be over 150k damage, remember to make care better job being the target who attacked by frostfire bolt, or someone would die.

We will enter phase2 when about 60% left.

Phase 2:

It is easy to die after the beginning of p2. The Frost Mage not only cast Ice Lance to tank and Cone of Cold outside, buy also cast Frost Nova and Blink every 30 seconds.
    Frost Nova will freeze all enemies within 30 yards in place for 10 seconds, can not be lifted, while being empty of hatred. And it will cast frostbolt to the nearest target every 1.5 seconds after Blink.
    Note: it will not cast Frostbolt to tank.
    One Frostbolt takes around 25000-35000 damage and slow target for 4 seconds and after got two you will be frozen in place for 6 seconds, healing effect was reduced by 99%. Then Frost Mage will continue to attack the target, until the main tank can move freely.

During phase 2 we have to stand close to each other, and then all take turns to move to about two yards in front of the team. Return to the team after being hit by frostbolt, there need an arrangement for the sequence.
    Considered the time, it’s best that Frost Mage changes target after casting the first frostbolt.
    And more, Frost Mage will not attack the target frozen by Frost Nova.

Since the damage of p2 is enormous, during this time, healers and DPSs please do everything you can. In order to reach 35% - the Phase3.

Phase 3:

P3 hang on until after the fact, almost the ice,
    At this time Frost Mage would summon water elemental, and occasional cast blizzard and ring of frost to the target except tank.
    These 2 spells can not be countered, damage of blizzard is high and will slow targets, the ring will be permanently frozen.
    Seeing the spell effects, run away, in addition to tank healers should also pay attention to other people affected by magic.
    The water elemental will disturb us by the water arrows, but not hurt. We can clear it after down the BOSS.

So basically method is over.
    Do not have a full, about 20 Druid to be won.

Deleted
    Shame it's still impossible to combine PVE bear and PVP in the same spec.

It's possible, however you have to sacrifice 2 high utility points from stampede, feral aggression or nurturing instinct to get natural reaction.
    Oh, also don't forget to not be an idiot like this guy leaving thick hide off either.

Hey guys! im really new to pvp and macros. was wondering if its possible to make a charge--->pounce--->ravage macro?? if so how? al i can find is a charge-ravage macro :z
    (#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=12 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form)!)

I really enjoyed this guide ty!
    I personally run feral/frostmge/resto sham, and it is the most fun i have ever had in 3's.
    About thick hide i do see the advantages, but w/ natural reaction the flat dmg reduction and the rage on dodge would put it slightly ahead in my book. Who here has gone bear blew frenzied regen and then been rage starved for the duration ?

Natural reaction is 12% when you go in bear form only, thick hide is 10% armor all forms, 6% melee crit supression all forms and a BIG armor boost bear form.
    When vs a caster do you go bear form? When you bash or when you frenzied regen...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Oh, also don't forget to not be an idiot like this guy leaving thick hide off either.
    Again, if you're not here to be constructive, just leave. Stop calling me an idiot for no reason other than I took the "wrong" talent in your opinion. Go tell that the Gladiator Feral Druids who are using the same spec.

Sure you can disagree with me if you think I'm wrong, but then atleast tell me why and give me (us) an explanation . That, or go make a guide yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintua View Post
    Hey guys! im really new to pvp and macros. was wondering if its possible to make a charge--->pounce--->ravage macro?? if so how? al i can find is a charge-ravage macro :z
    (#showtooltip
    I'm not so awesome at macro's, but I don't think it's possible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Natural reaction is 12% when you go in bear form only, thick hide is 10% armor all forms, 6% melee crit supression all forms and a BIG armor boost bear form.
    When vs a caster do you go bear form? When you bash or when you frenzied regen...
    10% armor still won't help against Casters, and thanks to this talent you can go Bear Form against casters anytime you feel like you'll get blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintua View Post
    (#showtooltip
    Something like this should work, just threw /cast [stealth] Pounce; in the front of my normal feral charge/charge focus macro. Not speced stampede atm to test.

/cast [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); [stance:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    /cast [stealth] Pounce; [form:3, nomodifier] Ravage(Cat Form)
    /cast [form:3, modifier:shift, target=focus] Feral Charge(Cat Form)

hick hide is 10% armor all forms, 6% melee crit supression all forms and a BIG armor boost bear form..
    meh? i always thought the 6% melee crit supression only workt in bearform, but its for al forms? thats just awsome!

and tanks for the macro

3v3 and 5v5. (any setup)
    Arguably the best 3v3 and 5v5 Trinket as a Feral Druid is one that hasn’t been mentioned before. It’s this one: Mirror of Broken Images
    This trinket is basically a second Barkskin for spells. 400 resistance means you’ll take about 40% less damage from spells (minus SpellPen). Most casters will have or sit close to the hard cap but even if they do it’s still a good , that’s still a good ~18-22% less spelldamage taken for 10 sec on a 1 minute CD. For 3v3 and 5v5 brackets where you’ll see casters 24/7 it’s a pretty amazing trinket.

The earlier mentioned trinkets for “2v2, BG and World PvP” are all viable for 3v3 and 5v5 as well. However, this one is probably far better than any of those.
    I just got this trinket, and unfortunately it doesn't actually work in arenas

Just an FYI for anyone else looking at getting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerd View Post
    I just got this trinket, and unfortunately it doesn't actually work in arenas

Just an FYI for anyone else looking at getting it.
    Hmm I haven't been trying it myself yet actually (haven't done any serious 3v3 yet), so thanks for saying! According to various sources (of which I sadly don't have the links anymore, will try to find them.) it DOES work though. Are you sure it's not just the trinket saying it doesn't work while it actually does...? Since that's the case with most (all?) trinkets at the moment.

I will buy this trinket in a few days or a week, will test it out myself and edit/remove the Trinket from the guide if it really doesn't work. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit towards Original Post:

Feral Guide - PvP

Bind Cyclone-Macro-Outofcombat-thingy to all the keys of the LEFT side of your keyboard
    Bind Mangle to all the keys of the RIGHT side of your keyboard
    Bash your fist as rapidly as possible between the left and right side of your keyboard, when engaging in combat.

Joke obviously, all respect for one of the hardest classes & specs to play atm.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Are you sure it's not just the trinket saying it doesn't work while it actually does...? Since that's the case with most (all?) trinkets at the moment.
    lol I didn't think of that... I feel like a massive newb atm. Just tested it in arenas, works great. Also tried it out in a duel with a mage, I don't think he liked it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerd View Post
    lol I didn't think of that... I feel like a massive newb atm. Just tested it in arenas, works great. Also tried it out in a duel with a mage, I don't think he liked it
    Figured that was it. I'll just remove it from the guide again, np.

Deleted
    I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if I'm doing physical DPS as a cat, why on earth do I need spell penetration at all?