Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    On Daggerspine US, the horde used to dominate WG because they outnumbered us 10:1. Thanks faction change.

Now however, we control TB for like a week before Horde takes it for one round, then lose it 10 mins into the next fight. Suck it you no skilled, "safety in numbers", sons of bitches! But that's just this server, I don't need 70% of mmo-champ telling me I'm wrong.
    You also enjoy all the Horde raging about being unable to get into TB battles too? Them Horde tears sound mightly delicious.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    It is probably your battlegroup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    So.. you people are actully comparing though a couple of bg servers and your own realm if one faction, an entire faction, not just those servers, make that faction bad at pvp?

Seriously..?
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    You also enjoy all the Horde raging about being unable to get into TB battles too? Them Horde tears sound mightly delicious.
    Oh it sustains me. Much of my enjoyment from PvP comes from feeling their rage as they die, but it is also satisfying knowing that there are two hundred horde that didn't make the queue, especially considering that 40% of the horde are alliance faction changers who thought that it was their faction that was bad, when in reality it was them all along. They shot themselves in the foot.... but I do "kind of sort of" feel bad for the long-time horde players who now have an army of mouth breathing retards to call "teammates".

this is semi true, i do so many randoms now that i'm just bored with pve due to guild recruiting being very slow, and many many randoms i get the horde just don't join or we are just short on horde queuing twin peaks mostly it seams that we'll get like 7 horde vs 10 allys, kind of a pain more or less just sit back and hope it ends quickly

Atm i have about 60% overall winratio in BGs and since Cata came i have played almost only TwinPeaks and Gilneas where the winratio is like 70% I did most of the games soloqueing during late nights, or playin with one guildie who usually was healing.
    Biggest problem which i have noticed is the major lack of horde healers, in many games im topping the healing done as warrior.
    I often also try to give some tips / ask people to group up etc, usually none listens, but hey, thats pug bgs.
    Also the amount of leechers is sadly again growing and games sometimes dont even have full amount of hordes in them,
    which is really weird, since there should be way more hordes in ques than allies.

EU player here though.

Deleted
    When I go in as Holy, we win over half. Heck I was #1 healing done in a few BG's as a ret pala, saving ppl's lives with FoL's and WoGs and kiting with long-arm. Well, when I'm ret nobody heals me, and I have to take matters in my own hands
    Last edited by mmoc3b65426e43; 2011-01-26 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Sorted word order

In what Battle group is horde loosing? please tell me >.< i will try yo make me guild move there...

Deleted
    Alliance are only starting to dominate PvP because I rerolled Worgen.
    That and the fact I rarely enter a battleground without 4 highly skilled friends. It's amazing just how much of an impact 5 skilled, geared, coordinated players can make in a 10/15man BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the meantime the Horde IS the 'New' Alliance (Full of 12 yo kiddies).
    And Alliance the "New" Horde (The ones with skills in PvP).
    Now you see there is a 1:25 (1 that knows what he does on 25 kiddies that just Don't know what to do or just go brainless CCCHHHHAAARRRGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!) like that.
    Alliance is more people that really know what to do, that is why I have a lvl 85 alt on Alliance side for PvP and lvl 85 main for PvE

Deleted
    Horde was always worse in PvP when you take the win/lose statistics from all realm pools. Alliance had always around 60% ofthe wins. So now with the pools being removed for PvP all realms can fell teh power of the strong alliance.

Before there where some pools where horde had 70% or higher win chance while on most it was more down to 40-50%, and so you only heared the alliance crying about OP horde in PvP from such pools where their wining chance was unnormal.

Deleted
    It´s all about what battlegroup, I wonder when that will actually be understood by the majority.
    Last edited by mmoc9a2b061215; 2011-01-26 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    It´s all about what realm, I wonder when that will actually be understood by the majority.
    All BattleGroups have been merged in terms of Battlegrounds and you can play across language aswell (English speaking realms vs German speak realms). In Europe it's every Horde of every language from every server against every Alliance of every language from every server, including Russia!
    (But you'll never have German speaking realms teamed with English speaking realms)

Battlegroups now only matter for Arena and, I do believe, random dungeon finder.

Deleted
    Not in spanish realms lol

Really didnt wanna go through all the stuff in this thread so if it's been said, sorry.

BUT

Alliance races have better racials for pvp. No horde race has any really dramatic pvp racials (besides goblins and thats a barely thing). So all the hardcore pvpers have went Alliance (I hang out with a lot of pvpers) due to that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    other shaman are in a sort of relationship with the elements.
    Goblins are more like rapists...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukauto View Post
    Really didnt wanna go through all the stuff in this thread so if it's been said, sorry.

BUT

Alliance races have better racials for pvp. No horde race has any really dramatic pvp racials (besides goblins and thats a barely thing). So all the hardcore pvpers have went Alliance (I hang out with a lot of pvpers) due to that fact.
    Ally..better racials..what?

Alot of skilled horde players went ally's, because of the queue time. It was good in WotLK around 8-12 mins top's, but now since cata hit and they mergd the battlegroups, which was supposed to reduce the wait, it did the opposite - to increase it. Now horde wait 25+ mins for random BG, and thats why alot of skilled horde pvp'ers went ally, because of the instant Queue..

Alliance is more defensive than the horde, thus they win in BGs. They defend the flag carrier while the horde Zerg, they defend the flags in AB and TBOG, while horde zerg, In av 20 of them defend while 20 of them attack, while 37 of the horde just zerg and 3 defend, in IoQ homever things are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    Atm i have about 60% overall winratio in BGs and since Cata came i have played almost only TwinPeaks and Gilneas where the winratio is like 70% I did most of the games soloqueing during late nights, or playin with one guildie who usually was healing.
    Biggest problem which i have noticed is the major lack of horde healers, in many games im topping the healing done as warrior.

I often also try to give some tips / ask people to group up etc, usually none listens, but hey, thats pug bgs.
    Also the amount of leechers is sadly again growing and games sometimes dont even have full amount of hordes in them,
    which is really weird, since there should be way more hordes in ques than allies.

EU player here though.
    Underlined for emphasis. This has been my experience as well. When I pvp'd on my mage, naturally there was never any healers around and it always seemed like alliance had more healers (damn holy pallies). Didn't help that I was the only one putting pressure on said healers, but that's a different issue. I haven't done a lot with my resto druid pvpwise, but I can definitely feel a difference in how the BGs play out. Otherwise, everything else is the same even games starting short players. US player, btw.

Another factor in the horde troubles is queue imbalances leading to gear imbalances. So basically alliance have instant queues and horde have to suffer 10m to 20m queues meaning long-term alliance pvpers will gear out faster. Well... the result is those horde players will inevitably go up against significantly better geared opponents.

Deleted
    I love that most of the kids switched to blood elf when the faction change was intruduced and I can say from experience we alliance win twice as muc has before on EU-Moonglade in battlegrounds though hordes numbers usually crushes us in Tol'Barad
    Last edited by mmoc33071266c8; 2011-01-26 at 10:11 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Battlegroups dont exist anymore, now its region / Language based and one thing ive noticed is the pure randomness of what you get to work with. In one wsg i was with another holy paladin 3 affliction warlocks and some rogues + a hunter, in the other we had 4 shadowpriests, a druid and 4 mages.

Well it seems like the horde vs alliance have come full circle, in vanilla the alliance had ques, the botters and the scrubs. Horde didnt break a sweat steamrolling randoms, and falling short against pugs.

In TBC pugs vanished, courtesy of blizzard so it was randoms vs randoms. Horde now had a pretty race, paladins and all the pvp glory it was to be had, Addons such as preform AV enabler where widespread because of the introduction of Xrealm. EVERYONE ELSES REALM SUX. With few notable exeptions.

The most notable happening was the few weeks where Xrealm failed and it was back to stormscale vs stormscale. Man how we qued during those last weeks. I wished it never ended.

in Wotlk the standard went down and the floodgates where opened for Athene, entitled scrubs, botters and idiots. Strategy such as cap nodes and zerg vandar that worked for pugs where now put into the hands of these people.

AV: Most of the time THIS SHIT IS NOT GOING TO WORK, jesus christ. It worked for them because they where organised, they had 20++ players with frostwolf signets and 10 people dedicated for defence. Instead we have this mutated form of "id rather loose fast than zerg midfield and win by reinforcement depletion". The BG hardly lasts 10 minutes and its a shame that they did nothing to improve it for cataclysm.

I dont want to get into detail, but the new bgs from wotlk are as shit as can be (sota and isle), the cata ones are LONG OVERDUE but have no factions so they really suck. All i see from cataclysm is Baradin hold (the third nipple of blizzard) and shitty pvpers. Want to know why horde never heals?

Because after a month of healing these people I know the majority of your Zerg (in wsg for instance) will

1) fail to protect you
    2) fail to grasp the basic strategy of the bg
    3) fail to kill / interrupt / cc the enemy healers

or they will just tunnel down some random alliance they found and engage the alliance zerg with 3-4 players less than optimal.

Yes i am an Xrealm racist, a Vanilla lover and i know stormscale has seen better days (LOLATHENE).

i wish they updated AV for cataclysm, made npcs relevant again, summoning Lokholar the icelord or ivus, looting corpses and turning in armor for frostwolf rider npcs to help you zerg them down. I wish the new bgs had factions and a rep grind with items.