Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

DK solo: Illidan, the Betrayer

As the title says i managed to solo illidan a few days ago
    many people said his shadow demon mechanic would never be possible to solo as dk but here i show that this isnt true
    so here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBeEcGi7N_8

i really liked the fight and i tried so many things to kill the shadow demons so after a few wipes i skilled desecreation to slow them and it worked with stacking vengeance 2 t10 items and str pot to kill them with a death and decay. after i got them i saw that i had to low dps cause they came a 2nd time at 7% so i respecced glyphed reforged and did anything i was able to do and i managed to kill him like 2 seconds before the 2nd demons would have spawned

difficult: kaelthas niveu (nothing you want to do a 2nd time)
    tactic: most tacticchanges /planingtime respeccs i ever had
    time: i spent the last 3 weeks on trying him but not that much till last 2 days before the kill

Importent Tricks i used:
    /cancelaura Bloodshield at high health to increase vengeance
    frost pres + refreshing diseases + dnd before p2 starts (saves 2-3%)
    Frost Pres + str trinket + str pot + rune of fallen crusader procc + stacking vengeance + desecreation talent + 2 T10 items (20% more dnd dmg) to kill shadow demons in p4
    nuke him to 30% at the moment he starts transforming again to to get him ~ 8% lower before maiev comes cause his transform time tooks pretty long

i hope you enjoy the video
    -Raegwyn

ps: i know a warlock was killed him before but the shadow demons are easier with a cool pet whirlwind so i just wanted to show the dk way of soloing him
    pps: i think with the changes of 4.0.6 he should b much easier cause you get a high healing buff while you can have an unholyspecc

Damn... just damn...

If only it was possible to warrior/rogue solo this! That legendary would be yours in no time! Props man thats amazing!

I've never done BT, but I do a lot of DK soloing, did you solo the rest of the place, or did you have to get help on some of the trash/bosses?

Jesus just continues to prove, if raegwynn hasnt done it yet, it most likely cant be done

any1 remeber when this game didn't have Noob Class....i.i.i mean Hero Class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    nerf dks I guess
    I quote and I quote, please do so. To the ground!

actually death knight can use warglaives since cataclysm patch i belive,

also grats to raegwyn

Deleted
    And he does it again. Gratz, Raegwyn. You always find some new crazy thing to solo. :3

Oh how the mighty have fallen.... to your rage :O

Quote Originally Posted by rpgarcher View Post
    I've never done BT, but I do a lot of DK soloing, did you solo the rest of the place, or did you have to get help on some of the trash/bosses?
    You cant solo some of the bosses. The first boss you need at least two people, so you can break his shield and not let him heal himself to full. I was able to solo supremous on my dk at lvl 80. Took 40-45, mins but at least i won.

Needless to say as a dk, raegwynn has been my hero since i first saw his videos, hell of a job and player.

Deleted
    gratuliere digger, nur weiter so very nice

What is with all the dk's soloing raidbosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice... epic video. Did I notice t10 shoulders? And... also... You never used your Healthstone!

I refuse to say anything "can't be solod" as long as you're still playing because as soon as I do you'll have a video up of you destroying it. Much <3 to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something slightly un-related to the topic, Raeg, does your name mean something in some language?

Also, grats on Illidan and Marrowgar
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deathknights.... Illidan's bane since the frozen throne.

Nice job.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune