Poll: race that has the best rogue racials for PvP?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best rogue race for PvP

i've narrowed it to Night elf rogue vs Troll rogue vs Worgen rogue vs Goblin rogue...so which one? Btw NO undead; i'm already making an undead mage so do not say "undead rogue". So, which race's racials would benefit the rogue class the most? Please post reasons and deep evaluations and experiences aswell. Thank you all!

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 04:36 AM ----------

bumpbumpbump

Deleted
    I would go for human for thier pvp trinket racial :P.

Deleted
    I would pick night elf not because of their racial but their awesome looks, but hey that's just me!
    And an extra vanish is always nice

You guys foolishly underestimate Dwarf rogues.. Stoneform is the incredible enough as it is, not to mention it's getting buffed [Stoneform will now reduce damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds] - Current Stoneform removes poisons, Bleeds, and Diseases on you and increases armor by 10% for 8 Seconds

The only thing changing about it is the Armor being changed to Reduced Damage Taken.

Personally I don't play rogue but here's what i think(in a pve enviroment):
    If the haste from troll racial affects your eneergy regen, def go for that one. Not sure if it does
    If not, I'd go for Goblin because of the 1% haste? And also a ropcket jump to get out of nasty fire

(pvp enviroment)
    Goblin, rocket jump -> All

Edit: If you could go for any other classes then you listed, there's also Dwarfs and gnomes. Mostly pvp aspect if you ask me, but if I was to play alliance (warrior) I'd pick Gnome over any class any day. Dwarf/Squid face coming in a close second for awesome defensive cd's
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2011-01-27 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Deleted
    My Rogue is a Gnome and that is for no racials lol, it is simply because I annoy people SO much! I am so ickle and hard to target!I

You know everyone hates being ganked by a Rogue and when its a Gnum I personally think it makes it all the more satisfying

Deleted
    IMHO Dwarf - Stoneform / Cloak of Shadows and Vanish have best synergy and allow you to stealth even with Warrior/Hunter/Rogue/Feral on your back.
    Minor perk is also Frost Resistance = Less dmg from frost mages.

Deleted
    Dwarf does seem to be the best. With clos and stoneform there is a 100% chance to be able to vanish.

I'm currently at: NIGHT ELF ROGUE vs GOBLIN ROGUE vs WORGEN ROGUE...i've decided to make my dwarf a shaman and i already have a human warlock and don't want to repeat races...so...which of those three is best for rogue pvp? i've kinda analyzed it a bit:

nelf: has a 2nd and improved vanish which is shadowmeld (only purpose it's useful for, not bad tbh..), nelfs also got the nature resist., the 2% dodge (pretty good) and the increased speed while stealthed (not that great ubt hey ill always be faster than other stealthed rouges!)

goblin: apart from all the great pve racials (mobile bank, discount, alchemy) let's look at those that really matter to me: the pvp racials. Goblins have 1% haste (hey not bad but not better than the worgen's crit tbh..), goblins also have the rocket jump which can be used when sprint is on cooldown or to run away from a fight.

worgen: Worgens get the protection from nature and shadow effect (good against druids and locks' dots) they also got the 1% crit which is very good for any type of rogue. Worgen's sprint (darkflight) can be used while stealthed but idk if it will be useful since i already got the rogue sprint and i prefer a 2nd better-kind of vanish (nelfs) than a 2nd crappier-kind of sprint for my rogue...

Now my plans are if i go nelf rogue my worgen will be a druid (also goes kinda good with the racials: 1% crit good for feral and an extra sprint wont hurt along with the shadow and nature resists) and my goblin a hunter... Thanks for the feedback guys keep it up! keep trying to help me out in this one and please keep in mind what i posted in this post! Thanks all!

PS: my other plan could also be that i go NIGHT ELF DRUID, WORGEN HUNTER, and GOBLIN ROGUE
    Last edited by LeetKaiser; 2011-02-01 at 08:11 AM.

I'm confused as to how shadowmeld is a 2nd "improved" vanish, and does the 5% faster stealth speed stack with the talents?

Deleted
    Goblin to stick to the target, definitely.

But only because you've already dismissed the best rogue: the dwarf.

Bleeds are the only thing that make ferals and warriors eat rogues for breakfast. You have a racial to deal with them. Trust me, dwarves are vastly superior to other rogues.

Deleted
    Both the goblin passive 1% and the troll on use +20% is attack and casting speed incrase. Neither of them have any effect on rogues energy regen rate.

Deleted
    what about blood elf rogues? another intrerupt .... aoe silence oo! but ye.. goblin also rullz!

Deleted
    Gnome rogue, nothing better than killing class other race muti rogues can't

Quote Originally Posted by Deus503 View Post
    I'm confused as to how shadowmeld is a 2nd "improved" vanish, and does the 5% faster stealth speed stack with the talents?
    it is an improved 2nd vanished because of elusiveness (5% harder to be seen in shadwomeld) i know it isn't very notable but it still helps a bit and it's still a second vanish.. and yes, it is a passive

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    either human(getting turned back into a 2min cd) or belf for the silence/extra energy,
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Night Elf, they have alot of rogue racials...

goblin if we're talkin PvE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    either human(getting turned back into a 2min cd) or belf for the silence/extra energy,
    oh wow, never knew they were reducing the cd...anyways, i already have a human warlock and as i said i do not want to repeat races. Belf rogue wouldn't be THAT bad but their racial only works for mages and only recovers a bit of the already fast replenishing energy.

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 05:30 PM ----------

added a poll, too many different answers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfops101 View Post
    You guys foolishly underestimate Dwarf rogues.. Stoneform is the incredible enough as it is, not to mention it's getting buffed [Stoneform will now reduce damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds] - Current Stoneform removes poisons, Bleeds, and Diseases on you and increases armor by 10% for 8 Seconds

The only thing changing about it is the Armor being changed to Reduced Damage Taken.
    Have to q8....dwarf rog is awesome