Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If I was going to only ever ger one PSP game, which one should I get?

I bought a used PSP and the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics years ago because I loved FFT as a kid and just had to see the remade version. the re-translation (if you want to call it that) was cool and all but the graphical slowdown during spell effects made it more or less unplayable.

BUT NOW I'm armed with a $25 gift card to Gamestop and some junk to trade in so tell me. What's the one PSP game I simply cannot afford to pass up?
    Last edited by bw13187; 2011-01-28 at 01:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving to the Video Games Sub-Forum.

Deleted
    Monster Hunter. Best PSP series ever

The newest Monster Hunter you can find. A great game series that any PSP player cannot afford to pass up.

See, if 2 people post it, it MUST be bloody awesome, ignore the rest of the thread and go get it now :P
    Last edited by t3hj0j0; 2011-01-28 at 01:11 AM.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Play through the FFT game. again. it's awesome.

id rather just get out my playstation and play it on that than wait 2x as long for every spell, and have the sound fx not match up :\

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

it is a tactical based RPG like FFT

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Dissidia myself, but then again... *cough* I just love FF in general and found that to be an -awesome- game.
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

I enjoyed Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth a lot on psp.
    Used to have the original on ps1 back in the day so i guess thats why.

The Valkyrie Profile games are awesome.

Deleted
    final fantasy 1. such an amazing game

tbh though, any final fantasy game is good, and will keep you entertained for days

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    The newest Monster Hunter you can find. A great game series that any PSP player cannot afford to pass up.

See, if 2 people post it, it MUST be bloody awesome, ignore the rest of the thread and go get it now :P
    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd came out recently( Japan only so far. PSP is region-free and the game doesn't require you to understand japanese (it helps though and removes the need to reference stuff on wikis). this is currently the game i'm mostly playing over WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriesh View Post
    I loved Dissidia myself, but then again... *cough* I just love FF in general and found that to be an -awesome- game.
    the new dissidia is coming out soon too (Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy--japan release). i just got the demo for it (also japanese) and it's pretty good.

keep in mind that multiplayer games become online multiplayer games with xlinkkai

Monster hunter definatly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Eboreus View Post
    the new dissidia is coming out soon too (Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy--japan release). i just got the demo for it (also japanese) and it's pretty good.

keep in mind that multiplayer games become online multiplayer games with xlinkkai
    Yeah, I've heard of the new release, but I'll wait and see what happens. Plus, I don't generally play PSP/DS games in multiplayer, so I guess that's good enough in its own right. :P
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

Metal Gear Acid believe it or not was a really good tactics game i played it so much when the PSP first came out im still sad i never got number 2 because i got rid of the PSP

Quote Originally Posted by r0773nluck View Post
    Metal Gear Acid believe it or not was a really good tactics game i played it so much when the PSP first came out im still sad i never got number 2 because i got rid of the PSP
    Metal Gear AC!D ^2 wasn't that good. and the 3D-ness of the game(came with special "glasses") may have fucked up my eyes (never wore glasses before i played it; the yearly eye exam i got after i beat the game showed that i was no longer 20/20 and needed glasses)

10+ Year Old Account
    The "Ghost in a shell" game. Can't remember the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Metal gear Peacewalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Persona 3 Portable nuff said. Though if you live in europe Tales of Eternia or Breath of Fire 3 are my recommendations.