Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mind sear uses...

hello

I've just stumbled over "Mind Sear damage has been reduced by 30%. Now deals [ 104 to 113 ], down from [ 146 to 158 ]."

Can i now safely remove the spell from my actionbar or am i missing something ?

It's going to hit harder next patch than it currently does. And also be targetable on friendly players.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's going to hit harder next patch than it currently does. And also be targetable on friendly players.
    Not being a priest myself, how is it going to hit harder?:S

Deleted
    nerf of a buff i believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was BUFFED! for 60% on a previous PTR patch, and this buff is now nerfed by 30%. So it hits alot harder than it does now on liverealms.

that its been nerfed is only from another PTR build. its still does more dmg than on live

Next patch it's a proper PVP ability. Cast on yourself or your partner when a rogue is around, and /lol.

Based on the tooltip changes from live to the current PTR it will hit for 15% harder than it currently does as well as being targetable on friendly players.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Does anyone know if there have been any changes to coefficients?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    Does anyone know if there have been any changes to coefficients?
    Blizz hasn't said anything and I haven't seen any theorycrafting about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    Next patch it's a proper PVP ability. Cast on yourself or your partner when a rogue is around, and /lol.
    considering it will hit like a baby made out of cottonballs thats not really reasonable. And wouldnt that tell them exactly where your rogue is?

Quote Originally Posted by warboss View Post
    considering it will hit like a baby made out of cottonballs thats not really reasonable. And wouldnt that tell them exactly where your rogue is?
    Don't cast it on YOUR rogue, just your specific partner, and enemy rogues will get hit by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illithius View Post
    Don't cast it on YOUR rogue, just your specific partner, and enemy rogues will get hit by it.
    If you are playing 2v2/3v3 chances that their rogue is sitting by their partner class isnt very big, they are most likely coming to you to get a sap off. Also if you are in LoS of said rogue's partner you would be casting bigger damage spells. I understand it may sound like an amusing idea but its impractical and would get you nowhere.

If you are playing 2v2/3v3 chances that their rogue is sitting by their partner class isnt very big, they are most likely coming to you to get a sap off. Also if you are in LoS of said rogue's partner you would be casting bigger damage spells. I understand it may sound like an amusing idea but its impractical and would get you nowhere.
    I don't mean cast it on your opponents. With the next patch, mind sear can be channeled on friendly targets. Meaning you can sit with your partner channeling it on your friend, to hit stealthed enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Illithius View Post
    I don't mean cast it on your opponents. With the next patch, mind sear can be channeled on friendly targets. Meaning you can sit with your partner channeling it on your friend, to hit stealthed enemies.
    I understand what you meant, now read what I wrote.

I read what you wrote, I just took as you don't since your post seems to imply you'd be targeting the enemy players. I don't think I'd like to debate whether or not it's a big thing for pvp. I see it more of a good pve boost since a priest could simply channel their tank. Plus, if you're in 2s and you get a team with two stealth classes, this change could actually be a fun change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mommy, does this mean I can stop pretending to be afk, dc'd, and/or lagging during aoe packs?
    and I won't be embarrassed? yippie!

Lolwut at you.

I said you cast it at yourself or your partner.

If casted on yourself it becomes a ticking anti rogue aura until the battle is joined and you can get in combat by healing your partner. Although 10yd radius and 10yd sap range could be interesting. Glyphing it gives 15yd radius tho it could be a waste of glyph slot.

If casted on your partner either

a) Your partner is a non rogue standing near you and jumping around, now with a ticking anti-rogue aura courtesy of you
    b) Your partner is a non rogue charging the enemy and not wanting to be sapped midfield, now with a ticking anti-rogue aura, from you.
    c) your partner is a rogue looking for sap on enemy rogue, but has a ticking anti-rogue aura - courtesy of you.
    d) Your partner is a rogue sticking around you and the enemy rogue is fucked because the aura is near you, moving, and he can't even see where.

In addition:

Your partner is sapped. Mind sear him. Get slow-ass rogue.
    Rogue just stealthed near partner. Mind sear him. Get rogue.
    Rogue just stealthed anywhere. Mind sear you. Get rogue.

How do you not see the uses of this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    Glyphing it gives 15yd radius tho it could be a waste of glyph slot.
    There is no Mind Sear glyph.