Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

New Reforging Website

I would like to invite everyone to try out a new web site WoWReforge the ultimate goal is to make the tedious chore of min max reforging as simplified as possible based on your current Stat Weights.

Current Features:

Armory Lookup and Update
    Configurable Stats Weights
    Configurable Stat Changes
    Multiple Talent Specs available
    Locking Gear so it's not modified
    Configurable Gems
    Configurable Items
    Custom Reforging and Locking Items so automation does not change it.

WoWReforge in action.

Before - Character Imported off the Live Armory - Current in game reforge details are ignored.

After Importing - Character Imported off the Live Armory - Selecting my Hit/Exp Caps and pressing GO!

After Optimizing - Character optimization is based off of the current stat weights!

After Custom Changes - You will notice I have 2 items I have locked form being refoged I did this because the current method isn't taking into account caps and values and sometimes selects higher weighted values to reforge to find the exact value. The new method in development will check weights and try to get as close to the required value without reforging off important higher valued stats.

Currently this is a work in progress but every day it get's better, Please come give us a try for all your Reforging needs.

Any Comments, Questions, Suggestions or Problems feel free to contact me directly, It is also very helpful to include your Name - Server so I can look at what you have setup and see if I can recreate the issue as well.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-02-05 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Yep, great website, found it with Google few days ago and used to optimize my reforging.

In my experience it gives solution with as less reforges as possible, which means you have more "space" for reforging your non-caps according weights. That's an advantage.

I noticed that after importing it doesn't shows your current reforges (and how optimal they are). I guess that's not really needed, but may be something to do for future version.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Yep, great website, found it with Google few days ago and used to optimize my reforging.

In my experience it gives solution with as less reforges as possible, which means you have more "space" for reforging your non-caps according weights. That's an advantage.

I noticed that after importing it doesn't shows your current reforges (and how optimal they are). I guess that's not really needed, but may be something to do for future version.
    I'll get that added to the to do or possibly do depending on if it can be read properly from an import. Right now I'm just helping spread the word and working on other aspects of the site but any and all suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-01-30 at 08:38 PM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

For some reason, your site thinks Mastery is a Holy Pally's best stat, giving it 100 and Spirit a 0.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    For some reason, your site thinks Mastery is a Holy Pally's best stat, giving it 100 and Spirit a 0.
    For Holy Priests, it puts Mastery at 100, Haste at 31, and Spirit at 52, apparently.

Cool site, probably best for optimized DPS. I just hoped it had better utility than that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    For Holy Priests, it puts Mastery at 100, Haste at 31, and Spirit at 52, apparently.

Cool site, probably best for optimized DPS. I just hoped it had better utility than that.
    Values came from wowhead for now which are obviously incorrect but you can put your own values in.

I guess I don't really see the point for healers. If I know my stat prio, then it's crazy easy to determine that I should reforge my least desired stats into whichever more desired stat isn't already on the item.

Holy Pally variable stat prio is Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. So if I have a piece of Spirit/Crit, it's stupid easy to determine that I should reforge the Crit into Haste.

Now, if I were a DPS or Tank it could be interesting in helping to efficiently hit my caps. But for healers? Meh...
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-01-30 at 09:12 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I think that has a good deal with healers not really having some crazy list of optimized caps to absolutely maximize their performance. Healing by nature is very dynamic and at any point more of one stat may have been more helpful than more of another, but following the general guidelines of what's best will turn out better for you overall.

At least, that's how I viewed healing in wrath. I doubt that's changed a whole lot in cataclysm, but I could be wrong.

It would be useful for tanks too if there was an easy way to get it to balance dodge and parry after reforging everything it possibly can to mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palegod View Post
    It would be useful for tanks too if there was an easy way to get it to balance dodge and parry after reforging everything it possibly can to mastery.
    Remove the check marks from the stats you don't want changed or set the value of the 2 to the same so it equally adds to both stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I guess I don't really see the point for healers. If I know my stat prio, then it's crazy easy to determine that I should reforge my least desired stats into whichever more desired stat isn't already on the item.

Holy Pally variable stat prio is Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. So if I have a piece of Spirit/Crit, it's stupid easy to determine that I should reforge the Crit into Haste.

Now, if I were a DPS or Tank it could be interesting in helping to efficiently hit my caps. But for healers? Meh...
    Exactly, it's more useful for DPS and Tanking to hit caps.

And yeah, use your own values, don't use the defaults for healers.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Remove the check marks from the stats you don't want changed or set the value of the 2 to the same so it equally adds to both stats.
    I tried that, but if I uncheck boxes then it stops getting rid of the junk stats I don't want (hit/exp). The only way I've had it reforge everything to mastery is by checking all the boxes, setting mastery to 100, dodge/parry to 75, and everything else to zero--but unfortunately it doesn't attempt to balance parry and dodge. Dodge ends up a couple hundred rating higher despite there being some exp/mastery and dodge/mastery items that it could have reforged to parry.

So then I tried unchecking everything but dodge/parry, added up dodge+parry and divided by 2, and used that number with the "close to" dropdowns, hit Go... and it worked.

Another issue though: when trying to optimize my moonkin with hit+spirit = 1742 the script times out repeatedly in Firefox. The weights I was using are 100 haste, 90 hit, 85 spirit, 50 mastery, and 40 crit.

Deleted
    It's a bit wierd, even though I've set the correct stat values, it tells me to keep mastery on my gloves and want to reforge the haste instead, and on my chest it chooses to remove my crit instead of haste (even though ive set crit to higher value).

Is it just so intent on hitting the exact caps, even though it has to reforge off stronger stats to get there? It doesn't make a difference wether I set the Hit requirement to "exactly to", "at least" or "close to" it still chooses odd reforges.

Deleted
    It keeps telling me to reforge my mastery to dodge, but I'm a frost DK, so... kinda weird

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this over to General, as that is where it belongs.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    It's a bit wierd, even though I've set the correct stat values, it tells me to keep mastery on my gloves and want to reforge the haste instead, and on my chest it chooses to remove my crit instead of haste (even though ive set crit to higher value).

Is it just so intent on hitting the exact caps, even though it has to reforge off stronger stats to get there? It doesn't make a difference wether I set the Hit requirement to "exactly to", "at least" or "close to" it still chooses odd reforges.
    If there is an item that you know you can Reforge say Mastery to Crit, or Haste to Crit and you don't want it using the item wrong put a check next to the item to lock it. This will give you the freedom to reforge that item as you see fit without possibly losing crit in favor of mastery or something else.

As well Mew you can manually change the things being reforged by clicking on the different locations along the gear grid at the top getting close to your hit cap without sacrificing a higher value stat.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-01-31 at 05:14 PM.

Don't forget also there are times to prioritize a stat. Perfect example is a fire mage (and a number of other dot classes). Haste is my 2nd most important stat up to 516, to get an extra dot tick and then goes to dead last, with Crit>Mastery>Haste (not even going to mention hit, it is a given).

Being able to eventually set stat weights or see hot/dot tick thresholds would be another good option for a future build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palegod View Post
    I tried that, but if I uncheck boxes then it stops getting rid of the junk stats I don't want (hit/exp). The only way I've had it reforge everything to mastery is by checking all the boxes, setting mastery to 100, dodge/parry to 75, and everything else to zero--but unfortunately it doesn't attempt to balance parry and dodge. Dodge ends up a couple hundred rating higher despite there being some exp/mastery and dodge/mastery items that it could have reforged to parry.

So then I tried unchecking everything but dodge/parry, added up dodge+parry and divided by 2, and used that number with the "close to" dropdowns, hit Go... and it worked.

Another issue though: when trying to optimize my moonkin with hit+spirit = 1742 the script times out repeatedly in Firefox. The weights I was using are 100 haste, 90 hit, 85 spirit, 50 mastery, and 40 crit.
    Looking into this for you please give us time and we will hopefully get everything working properly.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Don't forget also there are times to prioritize a stat. Perfect example is a fire mage (and a number of other dot classes). Haste is my 2nd most important stat up to 516, to get an extra dot tick and then goes to dead last, with Crit>Mastery>Haste (not even going to mention hit, it is a given).

Being able to eventually set stat weights or see hot/dot tick thresholds would be another good option for a future build.
    I'm working very hard on trying to pull the theory crafting side into the forums as well, That would be a good start any links to sites that give a better explanation and are up to date would be appreciated.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 05:18 PM ----------

Something else to note we are trying hard to determine the best Stat value method. We do have a few options but I wouldn't mind hearing opinions of the players that use it.

Saving your values on visit, Profile system to save your values all the time, Site maintaining most current and up to date according to the theory crafting gurus or just leaving them blank and letting people put their own values in each visit?
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-01-31 at 05:18 PM.

Character Faesroll @ Hellscream is queued for registration (position: 362). Please refresh the page in few seconds.

:<
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced