Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Cadell again you are assuming i am just talking to you, maybe i should be quoting people but im tabbing in and out of a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you keep inferring that we do not understand the organization/site, and yet I see nothing on the site, my posts, nor Galaxiah's that say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

Should have a poll imo. I eat both, but mostly eat meat....delicous, delicous meat.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

meat i hate salad with a burning fashion

10+ Year Old Account
    currently eating both, but transitioning to veg only

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose, I would be a carnivore.

There is nothing tastier than other living creatures. Especially served bloody rare, juicy, and piping hot. /drool

Meat, I try to stay away from vegetables just hate the taste.

To me it looks like Veganinja is saying Cadell hasn't read the whole thing because Cadell isn't agreeing with or at least saying "I can understand where your coming from"
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post
    Nono, Im dismissing it because biologically, we are predispositioned toward meat eating.
    How so? And what do you even mean 'predispositioned?' Are you trying to say that humans need meat to survive? Are you saying that it's a human instinct to eat meat? You could go many ways with such a statement. I could tell you that I feel healthier and happier as a result of my vegetarian diet, but I'm sure that you'd readily dismiss that, because I'm an 'unintelligent' vegetarian.

No. My reasoning for not eating another human being is I dont like the idea of being found out/penalized. Would I try human meat if given the option/guarenteed lack of retribution? Absolutely.
    I personally find this statement disturbing, but to each his own, I suppose.

As I have said. All vegans/vegetarians that I have met have been too forward and pretentious. If I had met one that wasnt, I would have a different opinion. But as of right now, that isnt the case.
    I'm sure if there was a vegetarian or vegan in your life that wasn't pretentious or too forward, you probably wouldn't take notice. Especially if they knew that you've already deemed them as unintelligent.

The taste is wonderful, it is an excellent source of essential vitamins and nutrients, it provides more energy than eating solely vegetables, and as I have already said, it tastes wonderful. Plenty of reasons right there.
    As for meat tasting wonderful, that's an opinion. I used to think the exact same thing even as a vegetarian. I tried it again about a year ago and was surprised when it tasted just 'meh.'

Just because something has no reason to do it other than enjoyment doesn't mean you should stop.
    Unless you're harming another sentient being. I believe animals would fall into such a category, and it's one of the few reasons why I choose not to eat them.

I eat both, but I definitely eat meat a lot more than veggies. Meat actually tastes good, while veggies are just kind of there :P

and when people want to start being ignorant, i just put on some tunes and jam.

10+ Year Old Account
    One word....Stir-Fry...Amazing blend of both meat and veggies! http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...w=1059&bih=477
    Last edited by Wrak; 2011-02-03 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added link!

If we were biological designed to eat a purely vegan diet we would have a mouth full of molars and 4 stomachs. We don't, we are designed to be omnivores.

Oh and to the vegetarians who say eating meat is cruel understand this- everything has to die in order for us to eat it. So why do you not eat a cow but happily eat a carrot? It gave up its life for your consumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post
    As I have said. All vegans/vegetarians that I have met have been too forward and pretentious. If I had met one that wasnt, I would have a different opinion. But as of right now, that isnt the case.
    I've met a handful of people from Florida and California, and all of them were a**holes. Clearly, until I meet someone different, all residents of Florida and California are a**holes.

Flawless logic...

Dasbuh
    Cool fact: Vegetarians generally have a higher IQ than people who eat meat.

Cool shit.

Gotta love the agenda vegans trolling this thread...just can't accept people have different tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Gotta love the agenda vegans trolling this thread...just can't accept people have different tastes.
    Same could be said about some of the meat-heads in this thread regarding vegs. Intolerance lies on both side of the fence.

The problem with equivocation and tu quoque fallacies is that they might fool someone who doesn't know what they're seeing.

I don't see meat eaters trolling like veganinja and dasbuh right above me.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganinja View Post
    Does anyone actually take the time to research anything? No wonder our government can cover up everything they do so easily. I mean come on, if you read what VHEMT is all about, you will understand.
    Please don't compare me to people who don't research. It's insulting. I have a brain and I'm obsessed with knowing what I'm talking about (or at least reading something before I talk about it) One of my biggest fears is being one of those idiotic people at political rallies who have no idea what is going on but show up with their signs and and shirts worshipping the idiots they listen to on the radio or watch on tv.

If I may quote from the site:

"When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth’s biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve..."

With out the aid of disease, chemical warfare, etc like the site states should not be used in the process of VEHMT, it is VERY improbable that the entire species of humans will die off especially by volunteering to not continue breeding. The crazy Christian families who have +10,15 sometimes +20 kids? There are way more of these families then you think. And all of their children want the same amount of children..... and i bet their kids will too.
    I don't think you can convince them or any of their relatives or friends to stop having children. "Family" is the only thing a lot of people devote their life to even if it means contributing to the death of the environment and ruining the world for their children, just so they can drive a giant SUV with tv's in the head rests.

And thats where my alternative came in. Procreation regulation.

I understand that the goal is to rid of humans from the world to better the Earth and the environment we have come to destroy. But with all the people that believe that ceasing procreation is the best way to go, being the only people who do not have children, you only leave those who don't follow this being the only ones population the world and probably causing more harm to the environment, because they don't care. Do you want that?

I'm not saying go make more babies. Hell, I never want children. And I would not be freaked if I knew our imminent death was near. I'm not trying to say this idea is stupid. I understand it and I do agree with most of what it says. But I honestly don't think it will work. I have too much faith in the stupid who can't grasp the concept "for the greater good"

It's kind of weird that even though we are the smartest of the animals and the "top of the food chain" we are probably the only species that doesn't mate with or breed to better our species. We could be breeding the best of the best ( people with special abilities or extreme strength or intelligence) to possibly evolve our species as a whole. But we don't. We tend to breed based on looks and even that doesn't work out in the end most of the time.
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2011-02-03 at 03:34 AM.