Is it worth using a [nochanneling] macro?

As per the title really, is it worth using? If not, why not?

Thanks.

Deleted
    What would you want to use it for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxiijay View Post
    What would you want to use it for anyway?
    So that you avoid clipping the last tick of your Mind Flay regardless of situation or latency?

It is absolutely not worth it.
    Reason: When you use it, you can't queue up a Mind Flay, meaning that you'll have to wait for the cast to completely finish - This is a DPS loss.

I would recommend getting Quartz if you don't already, you can queue up spells when the cast enters the red area, which will avoid clipping (might want to let it go like half way into the red area, unless you have a very stable ms).

as already said you cant reque, which actually means no matter what you have a [your latency] gap between your last cast and your next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerr View Post
    It is absolutely not worth it.
    Reason: When you use it, you can't queue up a Mind Flay, meaning that you'll have to wait for the cast to completely finish - This is a DPS loss.
    This.

Also, I personally like to have my MF key held down beforehand anyway as the spell is activated when you release the key. I think there is an addon (Snowfall Keypress) that activates a spell as soon as a key is struck instead of on release, but I couldn't really get used to it.

Ok guys, thanks for the replies!