Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    For any of those who have played it, it does seem kind of like WoW 2.0...but only in the control scheme and how the game plays....but the content is obviously different.
    In some ways....one of the villains is a necromancer king who turned his own nation into undead during a civil war. Then they have the Plane of Life. And the Elementals Planes. Content is different...and yet very similar at the same time.

The graphics are good, not overdone, but better than WoWs and easily scaled depending on PC capability, the talent trees/ souls are diverse and enjoyable and the way you acquire new skills is very intuitive. you ultimately get 3 "souls" with different roles, you decided on which one is your main focus and put points into it, the more points you put in, the more abilities you get specific for that role/ soul, while the other 2 act as support, It leads to HUGE possibilities for role variability, but also to plain terrible combinations.
    WoW had pretty much the same system. Then they gave you a max of 41 TPS and 31pt trees. The real innovation here is the ability to select your support trees....but that in turn vcan be either good or abd depending on how well its done. And it'd be so easy to do it badly.

Too much flexibility simply makes a game harder to balance and players will ALWAYS find ways to break the game.

The Rift events, as the game is primarily based around as the name implies, are very entertaining and easily enjoyable.
    World bosses. I'm thinking similar to the Elemental invasion. Which got very boring very quickly. Or the Nightmare Dragons.

Also the opposing faction (NPC's usually, but PC's can also be there) creeps into the zone and sets up camps and tries moving in on your territory. Once they are their long enough they start to spread out and take over questing hubs until they are beaten back. This gives a very "living world" feeling to the whole game and doesn't really feel imposing because you get rewards for doing both Rifts and opposing faction hunting.
    Now that is different. Sounds annoying though for those who DO want to quest. Wonder if Blizzard wil use something like this - it'd be easy to do via phasing.

The magical thing about both of these events is that if there are a number of other players participating in these events simultaneously, a little button pops up that asks if you want to join the public group.
    Oh...public quests.

Sounds interesting though.

EJL

you know when if ever I decide to leave I'll just leave no goodbye, no fucking making a pointless thread, no stupid idiotic bashing I'll just leave. and I'll be better then all those who make these kind of threads on sheer virtue of that.
    1) You're an ass...if you have nothing constructive to add to a post, don't post, it's even a forum rule.

2) The thread was not so much about me saying goodbye as it was about discussing why I like Rift and think other people might like it, and therefore, should try it if they too are a bit tired of WoW in it's current iteration. I was looking for a fresh MMO experience, WoW wasn't supplying it, Rift did/ will. Thought others might share the need to try something new.

Also, the link to the Unwarranted Self-Importance definition on Encyclopedia Dramatica.....the irony, oh the irony. It amazes me how people who post things like this feel it necessary to point out others presumed problems only to show off that they themselves have the same or worse issues.

I too was a bit confused about all of the similar abilties, but if you read the tooltips for all of the abilities and the talents you choose and the role you wish to play, the ones you should use become pretty apparent.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2011-02-07 at 07:42 PM.

Thank god for people starting to play Rift and put some pressure on Wow, i got in the beta this weekend and no the game isn't perfect by any stretch and does feel semi similar to Wow in some cases, but the game brings fresh ideas, better graphics and much better PvP then Wow has ever seen. The rifts actually force some group effort in areas around the map, as well as forcing professions to obtain some gear, which is exactly the opposite of just sitting in Org or Sw all day long...im a pretty hardcore pvp'er and pretty anti-dragonslayer and even i thought the Realm of the Fae was a really nicely done and fun dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks at lower lvl, i am more and more pleased after lvling after 25+

Deleted
    Rift is released on 1 march so...wow until then :P

I've been playing the beta for Rifts and it is fantastic. I haven't decided if I'm leaving WoW for Rifts yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    We
    Do
    Not
    Care

Sincerely,
    MMOC Community

Seriously, not to be a dick. But we do not care you're leaving WoW for RIFT. RIFT is just a new game that everybody gets excited about. People always say any new MMO is better than WoW, then they are back in the remaining months. We do not care if you're leaving WoW for RIFT. We really don't. Like the guy up there said. We have all left a game, to go to another game. Even if it's Call of Duty or you left another MMO. And we will all leave WoW someday, and not all of us feel the desire to go tell the forum dedicated to the game about it. You aren't super world known WoW player, none of us will know you're gone.
    ^This

Make a blog, or use Facebook or something. Nobody here cares if you're "leaving".
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

There wasn't a point to creating a thread for this. Post it in the long Rift thread. Rift is new, but very similar to WoW. Give it a few months and the novelty will wear off then it'll be back to whining about how boring it is.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    /goodbye

see you soon when you come crawling back, we won't hold any hard feelings. (seen it happen many times. ROFLLLLL)

We
    Do
    Not
    Care

Sincerely,
    MMOC Community

Seriously, not to be a dick. But we do not care you're leaving WoW for RIFT. RIFT is just a new game that everybody gets excited about. People always say any new MMO is better than WoW, then they are back in the remaining months. We do not care if you're leaving WoW for RIFT. We really don't. Like the guy up there said. We have all left a game, to go to another game. Even if it's Call of Duty or you left another MMO. And we will all leave WoW someday, and not all of us feel the desire to go tell the forum dedicated to the game about it. You aren't super world known WoW player, none of us will know you're gone.
    ^This. It was great for the initial guy to post about this new game called Rift months and months ago. All you guys announcing that you're leaving are just attention seekers. We honestly don't care cause we know you'll be back.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

I've played Rift for a while and made a melee and caster toon and just don't like it. The ridiculously big and mostly passive talent trees are bloated with useless crap, the races look awful, the jump looks awful, the combat animations are slow. The highlight effect when you mouseover a character kills the game immersion. And that's what I think of it. Bleh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    I've played Rift for a while and made a melee and caster toon and just don't like it. The ridiculously big and mostly passive talent trees are bloated with useless crap, the races look awful, the jump looks awful, the combat animations are slow. The highlight effect when you mouseover a character kills the game immersion. And that's what I think of it. Bleh.
    Pretty much my sentiments as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    1) You're an ass...if you have nothing constructive to add to a post, don't post, it's even a forum rule.

2) The thread was not so much about me saying goodbye as it was about discussing why I like Rift and think other people might like it, and therefore, should try it if they too are a bit tired of WoW in it's current iteration. I was looking for a fresh MMO experience, WoW wasn't supplying it, Rift did/ will. Thought others might share the need to try something new.

Also, the link to the Unwarranted Self-Importance definition on Encyclopedia Dramatica.....the irony, oh the irony. It amazes me how people who post things like this feel it necessary to point out others presumed problems only to show off that they themselves have the same or worse issues.

I too was a bit confused about all of the similar abilties, but if you read the tooltips for all of the abilities and the talents you choose and the role you wish to play, the ones you should use become pretty apparent.
    No, he is not an ass. He is absolutely right. Why do you feel the need to make a thread about this? If anything, your post is the one that isn't allowed according to the forum rules, because it is but a duplicate of all the other threads about rift in here.
    Please, stop posting these useless threads, and especially stop making new ones all the time instead of keeping it to one. As someone already stated, we do not care if you are leaving.

Get off my internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

Deleted
    RIFT was as boring as hell, there wasn't a single moment besides chosing from the 3 different souls and moving around the bars that I didn't feel "WoW did this better"

I tried out the beta a bit. It's new and shiny I guess and it definitely had it's own interesting aspects. The main thing I just couldn't get over though is that the characters have no, character. Sure you could customize a little, but the avatars all just felt kind of lifeless and robotic to me. Especially when running, everyone looks like they have a board strapped to their back and their legs just move underneath them (ala Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas). In WoW you have a much more diverse character base where a skinny Troll can be questing next to a knee-high Goblin who's dps'ing with a hulking Tauren.

We
    Do
    Not
    Care

Sincerely,
    MMOC Community

If you "don't care" so much, then don't post in it. You're giving the thread a free bump and setting up troll bait anyway. Report them for redundancy if they get your panties in such a tight knot.
    Can't spell 'NICE BALANCE' without Ice Lance.

Been playing the VIP beta and I'm not all that impressed atm. Buy maybe I'm being unfair since I'm spoiled on WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Hello Rift thread #4523
    Wasn't there like 3 threads about reviews only.
    Why come into a post about Rift if your tired of hearing/reading posts about Rift?
    Stupidity these days....

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 04:33 PM ----------

We
    Do
    Not
    Care

Sincerely,
    MMOC Community

Also, why would you take the time to right this out if you don't care?
    My name is Legion, for we are many

If you don't care, why are you reading this...and posting about it...and actually taking time out of your day to respond to a post you care nothing about?

And I'm the attention seeker? Right....

We
    Do
    Not
    Care

Sincerely,
    MMOC Community

You say your dont care, but your response shows you do, LOL.