Deleted

So then, Guild Wars 2 ey?

I've read so many threads on these forums about how rift, SW: TOR and anything/everthing else will kill WoW, I don't believe anything can really kill it except itself and/or blizzard.

But one thing has been itching at the back of my mind is how many people seem to forget about Guild Wars 2 (heck I don't think Jesse Cox or TB have mentioned it).

I know not much has been released of it yet into the public's eye, and all that has been released could literally be the good bits, but if they do keep to their promise on a game that's something like 3/4 years in the making then I do believe that GW2 could be massive, I watched a clip about the way the skills work (with a person from the guild wars team commentating it) and he said that one of the elementalists elite skills turns them into a huge tornado! I mean seriously!? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgB9-1mysM -

Anyway, my point is this, Guild Wars was a great game (and in my opinion the PvP in GW was a goggolplex times better than WoW's, mainly for the fact nobody hid behind resilience and all the good gear was extremely accessible so that all that was left was the skill of the players, that and GW had a PvP version of some skills), and if GW2 lives up to it's promise when it eventually comes out with it's simply stunning graphics, possibly the best spell graphics I've ever seen in my life, and it's amazing world and quite interesting and intriguing questing and changing world system, and blizz hasn't done anything amazing to WoW by then that completely re-sparks the life of the game, then I reckon that GW2 won't kill WoW but has the potential to seriously hurt WoW like no other game has before it.

Thanks for reading

P.S. Did I mention that it's still going to have no monthly fees? yes that means once you've bought it, that's it then, nothing else to pay
    Last edited by mmoc8c253b142b; 2011-02-07 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks promising, and it looks like it's aimed for a March release. However, so little information has been released about it, it's getting pushed out of my mind due to the flood of DCUO, Rift, and SWTOR info that's going around. The GW2 website is TINY. Compare it to Rift or SWTOR, there's practically nothing known about it.

GW2 is the given eventuality in the minds of me and most of my gaming friends. What information trickles out is sooo damning to the existing MMOs and the ones close to release. It may be the clear line between EQ-through-WoW's generation of MMOs and the next gen to come.
    I don't want to overhype it with it being so secretive and so far away though. It's like Diablo 3. I know how excited I will be the moment I get my hands on it, but until then I'm going to be practical and concern myself with what I can play now or will play next month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl no it won't be a released anywhere near March, it's not even in beta yet. It will be towards the end of the year if anything. And yes the game from what i've seen upto now looks awesome.

It look's promising indeed. And no monthly fee is a BIG reason to atleast see what the game is about.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    GW2 is the given eventuality in the minds of me and most of my gaming friends. What information trickles out is sooo damning to the existing MMOs and the ones close to release. It may be the clear line between EQ-through-WoW's generation of MMOs and the next gen to come.
    I don't want to overhype it with it being so secretive and so far away though. It's like Diablo 3. I know how excited I will be the moment I get my hands on it, but until then I'm going to be practical and concern myself with what I can play now or will play next month.
    I agree with you on the "What information trickles out is sooo damning to the existing MMOs and the ones close to release." part, but I wish they would release just a tad bit more info (even if it's just a map of divinity coast >.>)