Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

The most scariest game you ever played

Like the topic says, name your scariest game you played and share with us why it scares you the most.

I have played a few games on the horror gengre like Resident evil, silent hill, dead space and F.E.A.R.

But i think F.E.A.R. still scares me the most. Not sure why, i guess ghost are more scary then Necromorphs.

Amnesia The Dark Descent. It's the only game that ever gave me any feeling of fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia will be the resounding winner of this, outside of Barbies Playhouse.

Amnesia is the only game i was unable to finish on my own, i ended up watching a LP

Deleted
    Amnesia... Oh well, i completed it. Didn't give me the feeling of creeps quite enough.

Silent Hill kills my mind, can't find sense in it. Haven't been able to finish "SH4: The room", just because it's so mind-destroying. I'll go with that.

Silent Hill. I was pretty young, that thing made me shit bricks.
    2981-6619-3396

Deleted
    hated dead space :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in the Azerothian sky, on a dragon.
    Doom. 'nuff said. xDDDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redexadieu View Post
    hated dead space :P
    Why?

Its not really that scary if you'd ask me.

After beating a few chapters, it kinda becomes a shooter instead of a horror game.
    Last edited by mmocf799acc451; 2011-02-08 at 11:22 AM.

minecraft late at night. those creepers scare the Sh$% out of me D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia the Dark descent. end of thread and end of discussion

Amnesia.

Doom 3 was also pretty scary. Could be because I'm bad at FPS and knew that anything which jumped me would probably kill me, so I was always paranoid and panicked at the slightest noise.

Deleted
    Has anyone played Fatal frame? Since i heard a lot of fucked up stuff about that one.

The only one which jumps to mind is Silent Hill to be honest - i generally try to avoid stuff like that since i really don't dig the horror scene, but headless demon dogs, enough said!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really haven't found a game that scares me. Horror games -surprise- me when like zombies or demons appear out of nowhere but not scary.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Amnesia by far the scariest. However.. Forbidden Siren is also a contender for the number 1 spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague-Bane View Post
    Like the topic says, name your scariest game you played and share with us why it scares you the most.

I have played a few games on the horror gengre like Resident evil, silent hill, dead space and F.E.A.R.

But i think F.E.A.R. still scares me the most. Not sure why, i guess ghost are more scary then Necromorphs.
    Might not be the overall scariest game, but the level Shalebridge Cradle in Thief 3: Deadly Shadows is the most frightening level I've ever played in a game. It's balls to the walls insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittonz View Post
    minecraft late at night. those creepers scare the Sh$% out of me D:
    I can Imagen that :P
    Creepers are just to sneaky, and will only make a sound when they are close enough to blow up.

SSSSSSSSSS

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Amnesia the Dark descent....That game...was...genuiely scary. It instilled a sense of fear that no game has ever done before
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionotics View Post
    Silent Hill. I was pretty young, that thing made me shit bricks.
    Yea i think given my age when silent hill was released (original) it was probably the most fear inducing game i have played. I have got to admit i absolutely love it when a game can create an atmosphere that invokes such an emotional response it goes to show there are still some true artists in the industry.

These days i simply just dont play console games or get as drawn in by "fear inducing" games sadly.

oh and just because it is relevent

pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!