Healing Chimaeron

My guild is doing Chimaeron this week. I have seen the videos on tankspot and they say not to heal ppl over 10k hp when they have the buff Finkle's Mixture.

I use Vuhdo and I dont see options to see hp number and not hp percent. I dont want to over heal and waste mana. I havent had any mana probs so far.

How much should I be worried about healing ppl so their hp is above 10k?

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Well, if their HP is not above 10k, they will die if they get hit by the Poison bolt, or massacre, so it is very vital!
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    I don't know about Vuhdo, but in grid you can add a debuff called Low Health that you get on chimaeron when under 10k hp.

Never used Vuhdo tho, but I have it as a red border around peoples healthbars in grid.

Well the way the fight works is if they are over 10k hp and get hit by something that would have killed them they are put down to 1 hp instead of being killed. So I'd go with somewhat important.

So I should keep ppl above 10k hp but not 100%?

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Deleted
    Can't talk for Vuhdo as i use grid myself, but in grid you can set it up to show people's current hp, or even make a flashy color if their hp is below it. I suppose you could do the same with vuhdo but i am not sure.

Basically, outside feud any healing over 10k is a waste of healing, even on the main tank. Keep the offtank topped because he has to eat the double attacks (he has to be topped so after the first hit he is still over 10k hp, and the 2nd hit won't kill him).

As soon as someone gets hit by poison bolt, heal them back up to 10k asap, because massacre often comes a few seconds after, and rng sometimes makes poison bolt hit the same people twice.

During feud phase you need to keep the whole raid topped as much as you can.

There's a debuff they get when they're under 10k HP, try adding that to VuhDo.

Or you can just get Grid, which can display exact health on frames :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    There's a debuff they get when they're under 10k HP, try adding that to VuhDo.

Or you can just get Grid, which can display exact health on frames :P
    ^that, in VuhDo you can set it to show a debuff icon and warning on anyone below 10k. If I remember correctly, go to debuffs -> custom and enter Low Health

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    ^that, in VuhDo you can set it to show a debuff icon and warning on anyone below 10k. If I remember correctly, go to debuffs -> custom and enter Low Health
    Ok thank you. I did see that when I was looking to try to change to the hp number and not just percent.

Deleted
    You don't need an addon for this ... after some time you will know how much you need to heal etc.

More learning & getting better - less addons

Deleted
    To to option in vuhdo, under debuffs type in "Low Health" and a skull will appear on anyone with heal<10k

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    To to option in vuhdo, under debuffs type in "Low Health" and a skull will appear on anyone with heal<10k
    or even better go into vudho
    pannels
    text
    check the health points button
    no click the option called remaining

that will tell u how much hp they have

Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    So I should keep ppl above 10k hp but not 100%?
    Yes, everyone need to be 10k+ except the offtank, they should be full health (except during feud).

The time between the attack he does that puts 2 people down to 1hp is roughly 2 seconds, so plan accordingly (10 man)

I know for a fact you can setup vuhdo with player's current hp as I have it setup this way solely for this encounter as well. I can't recall off the top of my head what the instructions to do it would be but highly suggest that you keep looking.

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    or even better go into vudho
    pannels
    text
    check the health points button
    no click the option called remaining

that will tell u how much hp they have
    And you beat me to it.

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    That's great to know as well, thanks.

Deleted
    @thunderdragon2

yes, but there will not be the same visual ait (having to read a bunch of numbers isnt the same as seeing a big red skull)

The time between the attack he does that puts 2 people down to 1hp is roughly 2 seconds
    It's actually 3, closer to 4 including travel time.

I just used 10% since everyone except maybe tanks has 100-150k hp. Overhealing a little bit is not a big deal. As a druid I would use one healing touch per slime target. It's the only single cast we have that's a guaranteed 10k health, and it's not that expensive even though it overheals a good bit. Remember your mana only has to last until 20%.