Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetronix View Post
    guys , seriousily , ppls are looking for ; How To Clean Your PC of keyloggers because of th hackers , if its about wow than ffs get an autohenticator and u done [ idd it can be hacked too but very hard and you must be tricked to let them enter ur account while u have an autohenticator atached
    Yes, and let the keyloggers be. While you're at it, also allow the keyloggers to log in on your email, send spam, grab your personal details and other sensitive information... Because that's what keyloggers can grab as well.

guys , seriousily , ppls are looking for ; How To Clean Your PC of keyloggers because of th hackers , if its about wow than ffs get an autohenticator and u done [ idd it can be hacked too but very hard and you must be tricked to let them enter ur account while u have an autohenticator atached
    It might seem weird to you, but some people actually use their PCs for things different than WoW.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-12-23 at 12:50 AM.

Nice to know, thank you!

keyloggers are just a symptom of something else. relying on an authenticator isnt helpful in this context because an authenticator doesnt monitor your outbound communication. if a keylogger is exploiting a port that chirps, than any peice of malware can exploit the same port and bypass your firewall at the same time. for all you know- someone is using your machine to bounce pings off Cnet.com because you have been breached and the person that breached you has a grudge for some reason. the thing to take into account is this: without tools and utilities, you would never know if you were a cyber zombie.

also, the malware that bypasses authenticators are very devistating to personal lives. they were designed to bypass banking software that carries the same 128 bit encryption. but i guess if all you do is play wow, you have nothing to lose.
    Last edited by soulbound; 2011-01-20 at 07:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone going through these steps, I do NOT recommend using Panda. Their free trial asked me to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials. Then when I went to Install again it said i had to uninstall malware bites anti malware. Then I went to install a third time and panda told me that during the last install/uninstall the computer was not restarted. So I have to restart then install a fourth time. Hope there are not more conflicts.

Yep it works all good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    Anyone going through these steps, I do NOT recommend using Panda. Their free trial asked me to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials. Then when I went to Install again it said i had to uninstall malware bites anti malware. Then I went to install a third time and panda told me that during the last install/uninstall the computer was not restarted. So I have to restart then install a fourth time. Hope there are not more conflicts.
    Hmm, that's crap. It has been quite some time since I posted it. I will have more time again in a few weeks, so hopefully I can (finally) update it by then

Either way, I don't recommand removing MBAM/MSE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I got hacked yesterday and need some advice, I already have the account back, and all my stuff is back with me.....

But I still havent been able to find the virus that caused the whole debacle, Ive used most of the steps in this thread, scanned full PC 3 times with MBAM, Nothing, scanned full PC with Ad-Aware, Nothing, Ran Trendmicro's Housecall, Nothing....used hijackthis.....NOTHING

I am afraid to log onto WoW because I have a feeling that the keylogger is still on my PC....But I cant find the sneaky thing!

Anyone have any advice as to what I can do to find it? are there ways to hack that arent viruses? im running out of ideas here.

Thanks in advance.

~Caiden

(I also ordered a authenticator today)

15+ Year Old Account
    did you use your computer to reset your PW? if so, expect to get hacked again.

my advice: reformat. easiest way to make sure all the viruses are gone
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    did you use your computer to reset your PW? if so, expect to get hacked again.

my advice: reformat. easiest way to make sure all the viruses are gone
    Used another computer actually, so my account is securely mine, Id prefer not to reformat if possible, but if it becomes completely neccesary I will

15+ Year Old Account
    think of all the stuff you do on your computer...

you could either be sure that there's nothing on it, or take a guess and think there's nothing on it. your choice
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    think of all the stuff you do on your computer...

you could either be sure that there's nothing on it, or take a guess and think there's nothing on it. your choice
    There could legitimately be no malware on the computer, but that would have required the user to have fallen victim to a phishing attempt. Caiden, have you clicked any good WoW emails lately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    There could legitimately be no malware on the computer, but that would have required the user to have fallen victim to a phishing attempt. Caiden, have you clicked any good WoW emails lately?
    Nope, In fact, I was in florida for a week, logged in one time the morning before leaving, came home to see that I was hacked, looked in the guild bank, and my pally had been withdrawing all the valuable stuff (Thankfully it was returned) 23 hours before, which leads me to believe that the hacking was done 1 - 2 days ago...

If I were to log in and get hacked again, would they actually return my stuff again? or would they deny a second restoration? (Which I would totally understand)

Havent typed any passwords on this PC since logging in last.

I may just wait till I get my authenticator to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    Anyone have any advice as to what I can do to find it?
    Get Autoruns and check everything which starts with the system, manually. That means check what application uses it, does it look suspicious, what is it's purpose and etc. It could take a long time.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-02-10 at 08:41 PM.

My ex-husband put a keylogger on my PC while we were still together. (True story) Apparently he didn't understand my gaming habit and thought I was cheating on him over the internet. All it got him was a bunch of innocent gamer chat and access to my boring Facebook & MySpace account... big whoop. And I wonder why we ever split up?! LOL

Thanks for teaching me to protect my privacy from insecure men.

Deleted
    Have you tried Combofix? It usually finds the stuff that MBAm and the others can't.

Combofix <--

You can post the results at http://pastebin.com/ , and give the link here. (Since otherwise it's a HUGE Wall of text )

Deleted
    Very nice.

Deleted
    Very nice. Thanks

thanks for telling us this. But I think to keep a good habit of using your PC is paramountly important.