Tips for healing Chimaeron

We will be doing Chimaeron tonight for the first time and I haven't actually healed since the patch.

The other two healers will be HPally and RShaman.

Pally will be on tanks
    shaman and I will take 1 group each.

I have the Low Health debuff setup in Vuhdo.
    I plan on using Barrier on every feud I can.
    I plan on PoH both groups after Massacre.
    I plan on using flash heal if 1 person in my group gets Caustic Slime and PoH if two get hit.
    If I get hit I plan to Binding heal the other target.

I will shield whoever the tank is chasing in the final phase and maybe LG someone to buy a few more seconds.
    I'm using Divine Hymn on the 4th feud (we have 3 tranquilities going before me). I've been told to expect 4-5 fueds does that sound about right?

Does that cover most of the fight for a Disc priest?
    Can a decent/competant pally keep both tanks up without any help or do I need to plan on helping? Should I shield the OT for before double attack or is that even needed.

Would holy be better on this fight? I am main spec shadow but will be healing for this fight only tonight.

Sorry about the giant string of questions but I really want tonight to go well. Our guild has had a rough go learning the first 6 bosses we've downed and I'm hoping we can get this one with minimal wipes.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

That all seems about right.

Holy is slightly better for that fight right now, mostly due to HW: Sanc and Echoes of Light mastery during feuds.

Here is the BIG tip for you: You ONLY need to heal them back up to over 10k HP once they get hit, albeit quickly. There's a lot of mana wasted on this fight, too often, because of the "top them off" mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    all you need to do is keep everyone above 10k and during fued deligate people to use their AoE heals and then rinse and repeat basically until the last phase

What my guild did w/ the slimes is assign certain healers to heal certain slimes. How we did this was we used a boss mod to mark the people with Raid Icons when they got the spit. I would recommend using mainly Flash Heals to get people above 10k, but other than that your summary seems about right.

Assuming the raid is properly spread how many caustic slimes are there in 10 normal?
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Note: this strategy is not the *most* optimal way of doing it for mana efficiency but it works for me and it's pretty easy

10-man mode:

P1 Slime phase:
    Tank healers: 2 healers only focus on healing the tanks
    Raid healer: 1 healer (Myself, a holy priest) on the raid
    What I did to raid heal: 3 people are hit by the slime at a time. Holy Word: Serenity one, flash heal two. Repeat. Repeat.

P2 Feud:
    Entire raid groups up. Assign Healers to pop aoe heal cooldowns if you have them. For the first feud, I pop divine hymn. Second feud our resto druid pops tranquility etc. Switch to Holy Word: Sancutary. Drop a lightwell if it's up and sanc circle on the ground. Prayer of mending - Circle of healing - Prayer of Healing. Repeat.

Flash heal is costly, yes. There are definitely other ways to heal it that are way more mana efficient. This way works for me and my mana isn't completely drained at the end, granted I do use a shadow fiend mid fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moode View Post
    Assuming the raid is properly spread how many caustic slimes are there in 10 normal?
    There are two people hit at a time, so generally you set up your raid healing such that the first raid healer gets one, and the second raid healer gets the other.
    {[( )]}

For 10 man, your best bet right now as holy is to flash heal. 25 man you can PoH groups with multiple slimes for ease of spot healing.

CoH is also your friend.

personally, in 10 man for slimes.

Normal Slimes: Heal > Serenity

Slime DIRECTLY BEFORE MASSECRE: Flash Heal > Serenity

Reason being flash heal before massacre, because you cant get two heals off in time before the massecre hits.

you could also just split healing duties. One healer get group 1, other get group 2. if theres a slime in both, tag team it then.

Whats your healing setup?

I heal the raid in our 10man, just by flash healing the two people hit by slime, or binding heal if one of them is me. This means I always have a serendipity PoH for massacre, so I just PoH both groups which gets them above 10k easily. After a Massacre there is a little down time on the slimes, so I make sure I am in Chakra: Sanctuary for the approaching fued by PoM and renewing the Doublehit tank. Mana has never been an issue, just make sure you dont overheal during feud. There is 4 slime bombs (i think) so stop healing after the 4th one hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    That all seems about right.

Holy is slightly better for that fight right now, mostly due to HW: Sanc and Echoes of Light mastery during feuds.

Here is the BIG tip for you: You ONLY need to heal them back up to over 10k HP once they get hit, albeit quickly. There's a lot of mana wasted on this fight, too often, because of the "top them off" mentality.
    I disagree, there is always time after each massacre to get a 5 stack of archangel ready for poison bolts, which will make poh hit for like 8k+ minimally even with the recent nerf. you can easily precast poh and then top anyone up with pws glyph or dispel magic glyph. Then you have barrier for feuds and when you do heroic you will want a barrier for the last feud, a painsup for the tank, and shield spam throughout phase 3 since its the only healing any class can do.
    {broken signature}