Thread: using lightwell

15+ Year Old Account

using lightwell

so i'm a melee dps, and i know you priests like it when we click the lightwell.

do you guys have a macro that would let me hit the lightwell without having to mouseover it?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I really think you just have to man up and click. Not sure theres a way around it. But it's really not so troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I really think you just have to man up and click. Not sure theres a way around it. But it's really not so troublesome.
    IMO the trouble ain't about moving your mouse over the lightwell, and clicking it - It's that even if you do have your mouse over it, it's still a sword aka your mouse is still over an enemy. It's very bad on certain fights tbh, and you don't have 3 seconds to move that shit around.

Quote Originally Posted by Liliq View Post
    IMO the trouble ain't about moving your mouse over the lightwell, and clicking it - It's that even if you do have your mouse over it, it's still a sword aka your mouse is still over an enemy. It's very bad on certain fights tbh, and you don't have 3 seconds to move that shit around.
    Or you could just zoom way back and click on it? A birds eye view would work but I just zoom out a fair amount and have it in the bottom corner of the screen when tanking/melee dpsing. Maybe nab a heal as I run past it toward some adds. Really its not that bad.

It is a problem, but Lightwells are designed to be unable to macro.

There is a 3 click macro, but it'd be faster just clicking it. I know it's hard to spot, get your priests to chuck it down 10 yards out from the stack point and profit.

If the lightwell isn't at the opposite side of the room, try not being a dick. Click the big yellow phallus like object and help the healers out a bit. C'mon bro, even laziness has limits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    If the lightwell isn't at the opposite side of the room, try not being a dick. Click the big yellow phallus like object and help the healers out a bit. C'mon bro, even laziness has limits.
    lazy? did i mention that i would never or have never clicked the lightwell? i asked if there was a macro to make it easier. if you think using macros means someone is lazy or a dick, then youre bad

thanks anyways to the legit posters, bye priest forum
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

make two macros, /target lightwell and /target lasttarget (i think thats the syntax on last target, I always forget). Then, go to your keybindings window and find "Interact" and keybind it. On my razer naga, I set them all up to something like 7, 8, 9, so a quick swipe of the thumb uses a lightwell.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think its an effort on both sides for making a lightwell optimal. Same as with the new aoe heals.
    If they are badly placed it can be hard to reach and get max potential. Lightwells should always be in an open spot to make it easily seen.

As for macroing it, no it's blizzards intention that the dps clicks it. It's the effort that the dps has to make to stay alive. If you don't click it you might die, if you do click you have better chances of living and sparing the healers some mana for long fights. So its up to you, live or die.

this is only an issue if you click the rest of your abilities tho, with keybinds u dont lose any time on it..

Quote Originally Posted by Vismund View Post
    make two macros, /target lightwell and /target lasttarget (i think thats the syntax on last target, I always forget). Then, go to your keybindings window and find "Interact" and keybind it. On my razer naga, I set them all up to something like 7, 8, 9, so a quick swipe of the thumb uses a lightwell.
    OP - following Vismunds advice here, he is absolutely correct. Ignore the people that say you can do nothing but click it. Yes, the macro / keybind / macro method which must be used is a bit obnoxious, but it works great. I have my three keybinds on my keyboard, but I still need to move it to something easier to hit in quick succession, but it still works. I may have to switch that to my naga (I use only one of the buttons on the side right now, so something like this is perfect for it).

And to those that say just "click it" sometimes things happen and the boss ends up on it, certain mechanics make it difficult to click (Omega beam dude in HoO - the massic AOE beams interfere with clicking the lightwell for some reason - it can be done, but if you have the wrong angle, etc, the beams cause you to lose your click-wheel and it becomes a sword/attack click icon). So having the ability to click it with keybinds is amazing for those times when you can't just click it.