Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally (raiding in a 10 man) I find natures bounty nearly useless, I don't use regrowth hardly at all. For a mana conservative spec this is what I am currently planning on using. I cant afford to drop the dispel as all healers are expected to put out in my raid

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hbhZMZrfzIb0ruoho

For my healing style, this seems to fit for sure. If anything I would drop one point in BotG and put it in natures swiftness for oh shit moments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Efflor on average in normal raids, 10s/25s is 7-8% healing. HMs it will be more. As long as you put it in the right place and your group does what they should be doing, efflor is mandatory.
    I can not agree with this, your talking output and not survivability, healing is about keeping people alive and not output. No fight i have done or seen videos of show any indication that a HoT of 300 per 5 secs (think that is right, can't remember this early in the morning) will save people and so can not be mandatory. Its nice to have the extra throughput to look pretty on the meters but i am more interested in keeping people alive, had my spell of topping meters in WotLK, although i still do it most of the time.

But as you stated earlier you need the points in resto, and there is limited chooses which would provide much in the way of extra survivablity of the raid. There are options but I am not sure if they would be much better, for example BotG or Nature's ward, and ofc natures cure and NS.

I would add that i still have the 3 points in it.

Hi, I am at 11,65% haste unbuffed. With 5% raid buff haste it shows 16,65% haste what should mean 9 ticks of WG but I still see only 8!!. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by idrill View Post
    Hi, I am at 11,65% haste unbuffed. With 5% raid buff haste it shows 16,65% haste what should mean 9 ticks of WG but I still see only 8!!. Any idea?
    Sitting at 16.65% haste gets you to the regrowth breakpoint of 4 ticks.
    21.43% haste raid buffed get you to the next breakpoint for rejueve

theincbear.com/resto-haste-breakpoints
    ^has a chart of haste and breakpoints

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevos View Post
    I can not agree with this, your talking output and not survivability, healing is about keeping people alive and not output. No fight i have done or seen videos of show any indication that a HoT of 300 per 5 secs (think that is right, can't remember this early in the morning) will save people and so can not be mandatory. Its nice to have the extra throughput to look pretty on the meters but i am more interested in keeping people alive, had my spell of topping meters in WotLK, although i still do it most of the time.

But as you stated earlier you need the points in resto, and there is limited chooses which would provide much in the way of extra survivablity of the raid. There are options but I am not sure if they would be much better, for example BotG or Nature's ward, and ofc natures cure and NS.

I would add that i still have the 3 points in it.
    nature's ward is far to unpredictable, and you dont wanna wait for an extra hit after your at <50%, blessing of the grove will give less throughput than eff

I personally take cure and swiftness but thats how I play, and my eff heals more than 300? Mine heals for 900-1300 per tick for first 6 people

thats what....6900 x Number of people per 12 seconds, which isnt that bad, better than 4% more rejuv, which gives, what 200-300 more healing per tick? So 1500 , being generous, on one person.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
    Sitting at 16.65% haste gets you to the regrowth breakpoint of 4 ticks.
    21.43% haste raid buffed get you to the next breakpoint for rejueve

theincbear.com/resto-haste-breakpoints
    ^has a chart of haste and breakpoints
    he's already got raidbuffed mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    my eff heals more than 300? Mine heals for 900-1300 per tick for first 6 people
    Are you sure about the 900-1300 ranged

Top performing 25man healer on say Chimareon is ticking between 350 and 500 crit

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=7247&e=7584

On 10man its a bit higher at 500-700, which is closer to your figure but still way below.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4618&e=4870

Deleted
    well my swiftmend hits for 17-23k so 30% of that is 5100-6900 overall it ticks 7 times, so 700-900 non crit and 1110-1300 crit on first 6 people.

I'll have to look into it to be honest, but I'm pretty sure eff heals more than that.

EDIT: on chimeron your average will go down because you should have 8 people stacking min sooo.... it'll diminish after that
    Last edited by mmoc1cd9ad8285; 2011-02-16 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    it ticks 7 times
    Unless you raid with no haste buffs and have less than 915 haste, your WG has 8 ticks
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    Unless you raid with no haste buffs and have less than 915 haste, your WG has 8 ticks
    we're talking about efflour mate it ticks for 7 seconds, 1 time every sec.

Deleted
    I choose chimeron because I thought it is a good fight for the spell where you are likely to get a lot of efflour action. Outside that fight it kind of depends on the tactics used by the guild etc. In 25man raids i either tend to have lots of people standing in it or maybe 2, thanks to its limited size and group healing requirements and general raid spread. Yeah i could chuck on melee and get more output but if they aren't my assignment then i can't do that.

I will check out some other fights, maybe Robot Council would be another good fight, since you hug a lot in that one also.

I guess if you consider it as a straight one person (maybe 2) HoT then its pretty decent, but thanks to having to combine with swiftment and rejuv, it tends to be overheal on the primary target. Ofc at times like the feud that's not the case but thinking in general. If you were thinking who to put a HoT on you wouldn't normally choose someone that already has rejuv and just received a 20k direct heal

p.s. i was under the impression that it ticked slower than 1 time a second, but not sure where i got that from, that makes it a little better but i still think its a bit weak.

I am talking about Wild Growth as I wrote 16,65% haste buffed and still 8 WG ticks? U think I should have over 15,62% alone (without raid buffs) to have WG tick 9 times?

Deleted
    I choose chimeron because I thought it is a good fight for the spell where you are likely to get a lot of efflour action. Outside that fight it kind of depends on the tactics used by the guild etc. In 25man raids i either tend to have lots of people standing in it or maybe 2, thanks to its limited size and group healing requirements and general raid spread. Yeah i could chuck on melee and get more output but if they aren't my assignment then i can't do that.

I will check out some other fights, maybe Robot Council would be another good fight, since you hug a lot in that one also.

I guess if you consider it as a straight one person (maybe 2) HoT then its pretty decent, but thanks to having to combine with swiftment and rejuv, it tends to be overheal on the primary target. Ofc at times like the feud that's not the case but thinking in general. If you were thinking who to put a HoT on you wouldn't normally choose someone that already has rejuv and just received a 20k direct heal

p.s. i was under the impression that it ticked slower than 1 time a second, but not sure where i got that from, that makes it a little better but i still think its a bit weak.
    It might do tbh, may only tick 5-6 times but still, even with the diminish its a massive chunck'o'heals, and there is not much else to put it in to boost healing.

say it is only hitting on average 500, that means, on one person at, I dont know 5 ticks, thats doing 2500, thats 1k more than botg offers roughly and that 2500 is almost guarenteed, on chimeron if you get a 500 average on 8 people thats 20k heals per efflour.

At this point i've forgottern what the point we were arguing about was...

ok looks like i have wrong data on break points ...i found somewhere that I need over 15,62% haste for 9 WG ticks and now I found out that I need 21,43% is it correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idrill View Post
    ok looks like i have wrong data on break points ...i found somewhere that I need over 15,62% haste for 9 WG ticks and now I found out that I need 21,43% is it correct?
    you need 2005 haste rating unbuffed because with raid buff this will take you over

Just healing some 85 normals right now to get this down. I feel that I seem to have one problem.
    If the tank takes a big nose dive I am just spamming everything and its not a quick.
    What do you do on a panic when a tank goes from 100 to 30% with lb ticking and a nourish or regrowth just sustains them with 0 improvement?

ps on the guide what is cc procs?
    is that ooc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Just healing some 85 normals right now to get this down. I feel that I seem to have one problem.
    If the tank takes a big nose dive I am just spamming everything and its not a quick.
    What do you do on a panic when a tank goes from 100 to 30% with lb ticking and a nourish or regrowth just sustains them with 0 improvement?

ps on the guide what is cc procs?
    is that ooc?
    I had this issue as well when i was in your posistion, it gets better, I have natures swiftness in my spec in case of this, combined with a swiftmend should get them back up to about 50% and if its still happening pop tree, don't be afraid to pop whenever you need it, the cooldown flies over.

Are you using HT much?

and yes CC or clearcasting is the buff you gain from Omen of Clarity

Deleted
    As stated above, cooldowns are your friend.

NS + HT macro is the best of these, as you can land 2 HT's in the space of 3seconds, which should get them back up fast, especially when combined with swiftmend.

Just make sure you keep up Rejuv on the tank, firstly because it does a large amount of healing but also it gives you the ability to swiftmend without losing a GCD required with casting rejuv first.

You're quite correct, healing isn't about the meters. Keeping everyone alive means doing the most possible healing you can be doing, and efflorescence is part of that. Sure, 400 a person doesn't sound like a much, but 400x25 people = 10k HPS from that one spell, you can't tell me that isn't drastically better than anything else we can do. Healing is a team game, when the whole raid stacks for feud, you see healing rains go down, you see efflorescence, you see circles. A dozen people toss their AoEs, while each one only hits for 500-1k ticks, their combined power heals the raid through the AoE. If everyone decided "it only ticks for 500 it isn't worth it," you'd be trying to spot heal 25 people through what is honestly just way too much AoE damage to keep up with.

Other fights might not be so demanding, but that doesn't make efflorescence any less than our best AoE ability. The HPS is also insanely efficient, the cost of an instant cast swiftmend can rival HT in direct healing, and then turn into our strongest AoE heal for free? One GCD and almost zero mana can turn into several tens of thousands of healing - you don't get that with any other spell.

Hell, our DPS shaman drop healing rain during feud, every little bit helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You're quite correct, healing isn't about the meters. Keeping everyone alive means doing the most possible healing you can be doing, and efflorescence is part of that. Sure, 400 a person doesn't sound like a much, but 400x25 people = 10k HPS from that one spell, you can't tell me that isn't drastically better than anything else we can do. Healing is a team game, when the whole raid stacks for feud, you see healing rains go down, you see efflorescence, you see circles. A dozen people toss their AoEs, while each one only hits for 500-1k ticks, their combined power heals the raid through the AoE. If everyone decided "it only ticks for 500 it isn't worth it," you'd be trying to spot heal 25 people through what is honestly just way too much AoE damage to keep up with.

Other fights might not be so demanding, but that doesn't make efflorescence any less than our best AoE ability. The HPS is also insanely efficient, the cost of an instant cast swiftmend can rival HT in direct healing, and then turn into our strongest AoE heal for free? One GCD and almost zero mana can turn into several tens of thousands of healing - you don't get that with any other spell.

Hell, our DPS shaman drop healing rain during feud, every little bit helps.
    Agreed for this very specific fight its great but I would happily respec for one fight (looking back at the early hardmodes in WotLK, respeccing for certain talents for certain fight was the norm, especailyl for sarth-3d in the early days).

By the way my enh shaman healing rain heals for more than my resto druids version, so yeah your dps shamans should be dropping them, especially since i assume ele shamans will heal for even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't compare Healing Rain and Effloresence. For one, Healing Rain costs a shaman about 10k mana. Effloresence for us is free.

That is the basic reason i took Effloresence, it is free healing so why not? I dropped Nature's Bounty in order to take Effloresence (still have NS/Nature's Cure/BoTG too) As Regrowth is used sparingly (only really with CC procs i didn't see much benefit from the crit it would provide especially after the CC nerf.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe